Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: cheaply upgrade to brushless and bronco

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2014, 05:27 AM   #1

Default cheaply upgrade to brushless and bronco

He guys, I just got handed another venom creeper. Perfect timing to as I just acquired a real 1974 Bronco sport that I'm restoring. I saw that proline makes a 73 bronco body that seems to fit the creeper.

I don't want to spend any crazy amount of money on the creeper so I was hoping to get some good advice from you guys.

All I want is, waterproof, Lipo, brushless. Then whatever will make the body fit. I don't want to do any crazy reworking of the driveline, but I was thinking maybe something that will let me move the shocks more upright to give It a bit more of a scaler look.

Otherwise I think that's it. Brushless and lipo should give me more wheel speed. Nothing crazy, I have an e-revo and slash to get my speed fix. It's just going to be a basher and sit in my RL bronco.
crudeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-2014, 08:53 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: cheaply upgrade to brushless and bronco

Well, you will either want the Safari chassis rails or make your own. That will allow you to mount a body and shocks upright.

-Corrupt
Corrupt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 04:26 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Ditch the creeper trans and chassis and put your axles under an scx10 chassis and trans. The trans is far more apt to handle brushless and its not a PITA to work on like the stock one. That will get you pretty close to what your looking for and there are a ton of aftermarket bumper options available for the scx10 platform.
gottorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 07:24 PM   #4

I do think I like the look of the scx10 chassis better. the creeper trans though is not good? are there other trans I should be looking at as well or is the scx10 the easiest option. I'm a traxxas guy so I have tons of rustler/stampede/slash parts These crawlers are a new animal to me.
crudeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 10:34 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by crudeau View Post
I do think I like the look of the scx10 chassis better. the creeper trans though is not good? are there other trans I should be looking at as well or is the scx10 the easiest option. I'm a traxxas guy so I have tons of rustler/stampede/slash parts These crawlers are a new animal to me.
SCX10 trans is definitely the best/easiest option. Easy to work on, hardened gears and outputs are redily availible...cant go wrong.
gottorque is offline   Reply With Quote

cheaply upgrade to brushless and bronco - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Brushless Upgrade ? willy1106 Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 1 05-27-2010 09:07 PM
help setting up ax10 cheaply wminmi Axial AX-10 Scorpion 13 03-18-2010 09:22 PM
how to cheaply fix the stall perry1234 Duratrax Cliff Climber 16 06-06-2009 11:15 AM
UGH I need to upgrade brushless recomendations please rock runt Electronics 3 11-18-2008 10:55 PM