Old 09-18-2009, 07:30 PM   #41

so when were you thinking?
themichavo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2009, 07:21 AM   #42

Default interested in a vermont club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus View Post
We need to round up some fellow VT crawlers and meet up and do some crawling is anyone else interested in doing this? the forum is dead and that's pathetic where are we all at???
i am in rutland county and interested in a vermont club. is anyone else interested? email me at mjhhhh@comcast.net
JASONH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 07:44 AM   #43

Default crawling club in vermont

i am in rutland county i am interested in helping start a vermont club in any way i can.
JASONH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 09:01 PM   #44

went to the east barre dam today and crawled for an hour and it is awesome, shit load of rocks ranging in all different sizes and hundreds of lines to choose from and that was at the small section by the road i didn't even get to the other part. would post pics but forgot camera.
themichavo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 06:36 PM   #45
Pebble Pounder

You could R/C crawl the Springfield reservoir by the dam for a decade and never get to it all. It just might be crawler heaven. If anyone wants to go try it out, PM me. I will be reviewing a couple of new crawlers for magazines and could use some help with the photography. My pregnant wife usually does it for me but she can't crawl around on rocks with the camera right now.
MuddyOval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 07:49 AM   #46
BJK

where else does everyone crawl I have a course in my yard but do like the Woodbury Quarries.
BJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 09:45 PM   #47
I wanna be Dave

I crawl with my stock AX10 at the dam on wrightsville resiviour on Horn of the Moon road off of Route 12 about five miles north of Montpelier. Lots of rock fill perfectly sized/spaced for a 2.2. So far my favourite local for honing my skills, and cracking up lexan.

The top half of the hiking trail up Spruce Mountain has some wicked terrain and was well worth the trek.

Last weekend I hiked up White Rock mountian (right next to Hungar Mountain) and while much of it was impossible to drive anything up, the monstrous rocks at the summit had some sick climbs, and having water trickling down most of it added to the Challenge.

I'll have to hit up the E. Barre dam sometime. I've snowmachined over it in the winter and I can see how it has potential.

Many stone walls in the area can present a unique challange.

Any other decent crawling sites in central VT?
meatmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 06:22 AM   #48

I was thinking about wrightsville the other day when i drove by, about like E. Barre. I've been down to Northfield falls a couple times,had a good time.
BIKETROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 02:17 PM   #49
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatmonkey View Post

Any other decent crawling sites in central VT?

I'm down in Wells and we have a ton of spots to crawl at in the local slate quarries. lmk
mr.freeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 07:27 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyOval View Post
You could R/C crawl the Springfield reservoir by the dam for a decade and never get to it all. It just might be crawler heaven. If anyone wants to go try it out, PM me. I will be reviewing a couple of new crawlers for magazines and could use some help with the photography. My pregnant wife usually does it for me but she can't crawl around on rocks with the camera right now.
That would be a great place. Live in Ludlow and have been there befoe. I am finishing up a super and might try it out there if I can get it done before snow hits
flip5513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 06:01 PM   #51
Pebble Pounder

Too late! Snow! I might do some snow crawlin there. Sometimes if we get some sun, it'll melt off the snow from some sections- I can scope it out of you want.

Convert your gearing and join the ice racing league I'm trying to put together. I was planning to use SC trucks, but a 4WD open class would work well for re-geared crawlers. I might run my AX10 in the 4WD open class- just slap a hot motor in it and put a gear diff in the front instead of all locked up.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:31 PM   #52
Quarry Creeper

I tarped my home course before wed storm hit so I still have rocks! Anyone is welcome to come. Pm if you are interested.

ps where do you do the Ice racing and can I bring my baja

mr.freeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 05:16 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyOval View Post
Too late! Snow! I might do some snow crawlin there. Sometimes if we get some sun, it'll melt off the snow from some sections- I can scope it out of you want.

Convert your gearing and join the ice racing league I'm trying to put together. I was planning to use SC trucks, but a 4WD open class would work well for re-geared crawlers. I might run my AX10 in the 4WD open class- just slap a hot motor in it and put a gear diff in the front instead of all locked up.
Yup didn't make. Will have to wait until spring now. Ice Racing though that sounds interesting??????
Old 12-15-2009, 05:18 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.freeze View Post
I tarped my home course before wed storm hit so I still have rocks! Anyone is welcome to come. Pm if you are interested.
Nice Idea. All my stone walls are now under 18" of snow.
Old 12-15-2009, 05:25 PM   #55
Pebble Pounder

I'm waiting for the arrival of my little baby girl any day now, but once that variable is done I plan to rent an ice rink and then post up all over to get people together to ice race. Everyone just chip in for the rental of the rink, then if it's as fun as I think it'll be- we'll organize and make it a regular thing and do trophies, classes etc.

Bring the Baja once the lakes freeze over- I have a Firehammer that I can run.
Old 12-15-2009, 05:53 PM   #56

Guess I am going to have to pull out the emaxx and start working on it.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:48 PM   #57
Pebble Pounder

i might run an emaxx in the 4x4 2.2+ class.

Classes-
Box stock Short Course 2WD
Under 2.2 4x4 which includes touring cars
2.2 + 4x4 such as Emaxx etc
If there's any 2WD stuff that isn't a Short Course truck, we'll make a class

Modified, lipo's, whatever- it's ice. Brushless motors mean nothing on ice. No studded tires- all rubber.
Old 07-01-2010, 06:03 AM   #58
BJK

I went to wrightsville resiviour yesterday for about an hour that place is pretty good
Old 07-17-2010, 01:41 PM   #59
I wanna be Dave

I tend to frequent Wrightsville a couple of times a week because I drive past it almost every day and start itching all over for some crawling.

I was crawling in the streambed outside of Plainfield earlier today up Brook road about a mile after it turns to dirt and there was a few pretty good rocky sections, in the shade nontheless.

I'd be interested in going up to Woodbury Quarries with someone who knows the area for some crawling. I have about three hours worth of packs for my AX-10 and don't mind hiking to the good stuff.
meatmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:15 AM   #60
BJK

let me know when I work most weekends but am around in the mornings post here to set something up i check this about everyday