Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Videos!

Notices

Thread: I have successfully avoided financial stability and purchased a trailfinder 2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2022, 07:44 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default I have successfully avoided financial stability and purchased a trailfinder 2

First time out with my new marlin crawler. I did all the usual stuff to it, chino mod, removed springs from shocks, and smallest leaf. It’s still pretty stiff but I’m sure it will break in.
I know there are others in this hobby with the same problem. I say to my self, “self, you have enough crawlers, more than you have time to drive. You have reached happiness.” And shortly there after I say to my self… “Self, if you bought this Rc car, your YouTube channel would be a lot cooler and then you would get hundreds of subscribers.” Alas reality is a cruel mistress and although I’m very happy with my purchase, I’ll have to wait until Christmas for new socks and underwear.
Thanks for watching!

https://youtu.be/EyWovmOrxxk
Hanshotfirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2022, 08:53 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: I have successfully avoided financial stability and purchased a trailfinder 2

You can make underwear last for decades.. well, maybe not that long but still. Gotta enjoy life and you can do that in holey drawers anyway.

I just wanted one crawler after seeing some videos. So I got it and I was happy... for about a month. That's been a few years ago.. Now I have six crawlers plus a couple other RC's not including my old nitro rigs that I don't run anymore. So yeah... it's hard to stop at one.

I love my Marlin tf2. Done some mods... performance as well as aesthetic and I love that rig and the fact that it drives so much differently than my linked rigs. I haven't run mine in while but I just dropped in a new motor and fabbed a new front bumper for it so it's about time... just trying to avoid the Texas summer heat at the moment. Fall will get here eventually, I hope!

Loved your video. Looks like a really fun place to play and beautiful scenery to boot. Couple of good saves in there too lol. For some reason I'm more careful with my tf2 than my other rigs, I guess cause I don't want to destroy that taco body just yet. I don't mind the scratches and scuffs... just don't want any major cracks so I cringe a little when she takes a tumble lol.

Also wanted to say that those stock tires seem to REALLY hook up well on that particular rock where you shot the video. I sold the bead-locks ( kinda wish I hadn't) but I still have the tires and watching yours, makes me want to get some new wheels to wrap em around. I forgot how well they perform.

Thanks for sharing the vid.. really nice.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 06:36 AM   #3
Go Buckeyes!

Default Re: I have successfully avoided financial stability and purchased a trailfinder 2

Congrats on the new Marlin! They are great rigs once they are gone through and have fixed the minor issues that they all seem to have right after they are taken out of the box.

Great video showing off the Marlin! Love the terrain you have there! My Marlin looked and drove just like that when mine was new. A little stiff at first, but after a few outings, it loosened up and it performs really well.

Here's my Marlin if you want to check it out: B-MOW buys a TF2 Marlin Crawler
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 08:09 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by high plains drifter View Post
You can make underwear last for decades.. well, maybe not that long but still. Gotta enjoy life and you can do that in holey drawers anyway.

I just wanted one crawler after seeing some videos. So I got it and I was happy... for about a month. That's been a few years ago.. Now I have six crawlers plus a couple other RC's not including my old nitro rigs that I don't run anymore. So yeah... it's hard to stop at one.

I love my Marlin tf2. Done some mods... performance as well as aesthetic and I love that rig and the fact that it drives so much differently than my linked rigs. I haven't run mine in while but I just dropped in a new motor and fabbed a new front bumper for it so it's about time... just trying to avoid the Texas summer heat at the moment. Fall will get here eventually, I hope!

Loved your video. Looks like a really fun place to play and beautiful scenery to boot. Couple of good saves in there too lol. For some reason I'm more careful with my tf2 than my other rigs, I guess cause I don't want to destroy that taco body just yet. I don't mind the scratches and scuffs... just don't want any major cracks so I cringe a little when she takes a tumble lol.

Also wanted to say that those stock tires seem to REALLY hook up well on that particular rock where you shot the video. I sold the bead-locks ( kinda wish I hadn't) but I still have the tires and watching yours, makes me want to get some new wheels to wrap em around. I forgot how well they perform.

Thanks for sharing the vid.. really nice.
Thanks for watching High Plains Drifter! The stock tires are surprisingly really soft. That is my favourite area for sure. I’m looking forward to fall too. When I lived in the Canadian prairies, fall was 3-4 weeks at the most. Now that I live in Ontario, it can stay nice until the end of November sometimes even into December. I hope you get some fair weather soon so you can get out.
Cheers!
Old 08-16-2022, 08:12 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
Congrats on the new Marlin! They are great rigs once they are gone through and have fixed the minor issues that they all seem to have right after they are taken out of the box.

Great video showing off the Marlin! Love the terrain you have there! My Marlin looked and drove just like that when mine was new. A little stiff at first, but after a few outings, it loosened up and it performs really well.

Here's my Marlin if you want to check it out: B-MOW buys a TF2 Marlin Crawler
Thanks for watching and good write up on your marlin! I like the A&m skid, I may have to add one in the immediate future. I was too eager to take it out before I pour a bottle of locktite to it. I’m gonna go over it now and tighten it down. I hope my suspension loosens up a bit more.

Cheers!
Old 08-16-2022, 08:14 AM   #6
RCC Addict

Cool video, makes me think I should have just gotten a marlin instead of the midnight edition…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
twade984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 10:23 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by twade984 View Post
Cool video, makes me think I should have just gotten a marlin instead of the midnight edition…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for watching! The midnight is a nice looking truck too.

I have successfully avoided financial stability and purchased a trailfinder 2 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone got the tires off the rims successfully? nosyajg Vaterra Ascender 6 08-17-2020 11:11 PM
Has anyone successfully decreased the track width of the XC/CC-01? veilx Tamiya XC/CC01 3 04-14-2017 09:06 AM
Has Anyone Successfully WPed a 7950TH? MountainStorm Electronics 16 03-12-2015 11:32 AM
Financial Planning Krawler Konceptz Chit Chat 3 01-12-2011 12:45 PM
Has anyone successfully used JR XS3 rear steer? Burban Electronics 2 01-24-2005 04:56 PM