Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Videos!

Notices

Thread: Video of SW3 with AX10 axles and tranny........

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2007, 04:18 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

I hate it when you guys walk the difficult lines
slugzracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2007, 04:19 PM   #22
Keep it real

Is he running dig with a brake or just disconnect? I have found that with my disconnect, ledges like that are much easier to do, as the fronts will get enough traction to bind the tires up, and then you reengage the rear, and it pops you up and over. With a brake, I would think it would be tougher, as the rear tires would be trying to hold the rig back, but I haven't tried it with a brake, so I don't really know.
That rock makes me drool every time I see one of these vids.
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 06:58 PM   #23
2006 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanis View Post
Is he running dig with a brake or just disconnect? I have found that with my disconnect, ledges like that are much easier to do, as the fronts will get enough traction to bind the tires up, and then you reengage the rear, and it pops you up and over. With a brake, I would think it would be tougher, as the rear tires would be trying to hold the rig back, but I haven't tried it with a brake, so I don't really know.
I'm not sure if his set-up has a brake or not. I'm guessing he'll see this thread and chime in at some point.
BENDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 07:10 PM   #24
TEAM MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanis View Post
IMHO,it's best to have the option for both

I set my dig up in my 2.2 Hustler so when the switch was in the neutral spot,it was in 4WD. Hit the switch left and it was front wheel drive only,rear disengaged. Hit the switch right and it was front wheel drive only with the brake engaged. Hitting the switch left made a big difference in climbing steep climbs and some off camber stuff. When I needed to turn sharp,I'd hit the switch right,turn the wheels and nail it.
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 06:52 PM   #25
Pebble Pounder

Bender, thanks for fitting that piece in the vid! Fun and practice is what its all about!

This was the first test on the Rock for dig with brake, and yea, it locked up and broke the servo, plenty more where that one came from. I tested rear disconnect for a while, but other than taking a few inches off of turnintg radius, there is no advantage, brake or nothing. Based loosely off Unimogers SW3
*SW-3 Unimoger style, w/ front dig*
IRON CHEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 07:57 PM   #26
RCC Addict

Iron chef: give me a holler ,3-463-1530. got ?'s re. dig system.
cato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 12:34 PM   #27
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENDER View Post

I figured you guys would like that ledge climb by Iron Chef and his SW3. As far as I know he was the first to make it. It's all about dig on that obstacle.

Thanks for the compliments guys.
I am not knocking the ledge climb, it was awesome! But, without that "placed" rock I seriously doubt that (or any other) 2.2 rig (with or without dig) would make it. IMO, he definitely used it to make that difficult ledge climb. Check the video, it moves as he rolls onto it way before the front tires grab up top. Still very impressive, I probably couldn't make it even with the use of the "placed" rock...I will try next time I am there though.

Last edited by krikir; 11-16-2007 at 12:51 PM.
krikir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 01:56 PM   #28
2006 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by krikir View Post
I am not knocking the ledge climb, it was awesome! But, without that "placed" rock I seriously doubt that (or any other) 2.2 rig (with or without dig) would make it. IMO, he definitely used it to make that difficult ledge climb. Check the video, it moves as he rolls onto it way before the front tires grab up top. Still very impressive, I probably couldn't make it even with the use of the "placed" rock...I will try next time I am there though.
You're right. We tried it again last weekend, without the rock there and it wasn't doable anymore. You need that little lift from the cheater rock to make it.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:43 PM   #29
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENDER View Post
You're right. We tried it again last weekend, without the rock there and it wasn't doable anymore. You need that little lift from the cheater rock to make it.
Hum! Cheater rock. A subject all to itself. Care to explain for us newb's?

I mean I understand placing a rock in a spot to help with a difficult climb. Is it something that is practiced on a regular basis?
jaxcoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 02:49 PM   #30
2006 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxcoffee View Post
Hum! Cheater rock. A subject all to itself. Care to explain for us newb's?

I mean I understand placing a rock in a spot to help with a difficult climb. Is it something that is practiced on a regular basis?
No, we usually don't move rocks around, and it's not allowed in comps either. But, once in a while at a get together we'll throw a "cheater rock" down to see if it makes an impossible obstacle passable. Like the obstacle in that video.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:51 PM   #31
Rock Stacker

WOW!!! That thing works good
kmedina is offline   Reply With Quote