Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Virginia

Notices

Thread: just saying hi from NOVA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2008, 04:20 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default just saying hi from NOVA

hi! very new to crawlin, im in the nova area, just tryin to have a feel if ohter crawlers are around here too. Do you guys know a place around sterling that i can go too? thanks! This place is great.
bullet1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2008, 05:41 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

anyone???
Old 09-19-2008, 06:51 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Hello and welcome to crawling. There are a couple guys in VARCOR that are from northern VA but I haven't seen them on in a while. There are a few others between Richmond and NorVA as well. Not sure if anyone is around Sterling though. You should check out our VARCOR - VA RC Off Roaders website and post up there as well. We have GTG's and Comps up in Fredericksburg periodically, you should come out sometime. We also have a few good locations down in Richmond.

So what got you into crawling? Did you get an AX10 or Losi MRC? Tell us about your rig.
'04 Rubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 08:52 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

thanks! great to be here, ive checked the site va off roaders, looks pretty cool. as far as what im using, I started with a wheely king and a fast WK at that, I had a HV MAXX 4.5 on it then it started breaking parts, im keeping this as a Rock RAcer, Im using an AX10 with bent links, 330oz servo and a 55t integy with a novak esc. Everything is being ran on a DX3R and a Betty body. Im really looking forward in testing this rig out since ive only been using it on the backyard and dangerous places im not supposed to be in, LOL. Thanks again, oh and i was wondering if theres a "wanted" section here?
Old 09-23-2008, 11:00 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

On RCC, the rules explain it here - http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/misc.php?do=cfrules

But here is what it states.

Classifieds
You cannot see the entire classifieds section until you meet these qualifications:
Be a member of the site for at least 30 days.
and
Have a minimum of 30 posts.
or
Purchase a star to support the site. See below.

If you try to get your 30 posts in one day with saying "cool truck" in 30 different threads we will notice it, delete your posts, and give you an infraction.
Do not put for sale or want ads in your signature.
Do not put for sale or want ads in the tech sections.
There are stickies describing the rules of for sale and wanted posts, read them or your ad will be deleted.
Chit chatting in the Feedback section will result in a permanent removal form the classifieds.

* I suggest getting a green star and supporting the site, it's well worth it.
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/payments.php
Old 09-23-2008, 05:50 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

yea, i think, ill get a star, i talked to randy a couple of days ago, hes very knowledgeble and a great guy aswell. I also told him that if you guys ever go to NOVA ill be more than happy to host a BBQ , thanks guys, im really lovin this crawling stuff. I realized that being fast really isnt everything, i just got me a custom super class clod, hopefully it gets here by friday so i can take it to lakeridge hobbytown on sunday to try it out.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:54 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

i've heard of nova the pbs show, that thing in outer space, and that hot chick on the original planet of the apes movie, but not nova, va. however, it doesn't sound too far from richmond and i think we have some pretty wicked spots to crawl down here and someone's always out around here, so if you don't hook up with someone to crawl with up there any time soon then come on down for the day. i think it's probaly worth the trip. some of us are, in fact, talking about going out this weekend.
puryear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 08:59 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by puryear View Post
i've heard of nova the pbs show, that thing in outer space, and that hot chick on the original planet of the apes movie, but not nova, va. however, it doesn't sound too far from richmond and i think we have some pretty wicked spots to crawl down here and someone's always out around here, so if you don't hook up with someone to crawl with up there any time soon then come on down for the day. i think it's probaly worth the trip. some of us are, in fact, talking about going out this weekend.
haha, i know right, i just moved here from vegas, i can say NOVA is pretty boring, i might just go there this weekend, just post up an address for a meeting spot, heres my no. if somebody wants to call me for directions, or wanna give me advisee on what to buy and what not to buy, right now im just too hot and buying everything i see thats coo, so please save me and give me good advise. thanks

chris
Old 09-25-2008, 08:51 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

oh, how could i forget.... chevy nova. lol:-P
Old 09-26-2008, 06:42 AM   #10
varcor.org

and don't forget the famous nova traffic... LOL

nice talking to you Chris... you should try to make it down to Belle this weekend. if not, there's always the next time. our comp series is starting in Nov is found some comp sites in NOVA or just travel south...
swell searcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 02:11 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

wow, ive been looking very hard for a spot here in NOVA, i cant seem to find anything decent :(
Old 10-01-2008, 08:54 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

you guys will probably think i'm an idiot, but i was asking mark this past sat where the hell nova, va was and he acted like i was the only person who'd never heard of it. he went on to tell me that it ment northern va... swear i've never heard it called that. anyways, in regard to places to crawl up there, i've heard that place in fredericksburg is a good spot.
Old 10-02-2008, 10:41 AM   #13
varcor.org

Quote:
you guys will probably think i'm an idiot, but i was asking mark this past sat where the hell nova, va was and he acted like i was the only person who'd never heard of it.
i thought you were being sarcastic... don't feel bad, i didn't know what nova and beach week was until freshman of college... damn being the beach bum.
swell searcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 01:51 PM   #14
Pebble Pounder

yeah, that's excactly what mark said, that he thought i was being sarcastic... i mean, i was actually, but at the same time... i was serious. i'll now be sure to use it in every day conversation.
Old 10-03-2008, 08:39 AM   #15
Rock Crawler

Quote:
yeah, that's excactly what mark said, that he thought i was being sarcastic... i mean, i was actually, but at the same time... i was serious. i'll now be sure to use it in every day conversation.
Yeh, I thought you were being a smart ass. Now I know you were just being a dumb ass.

And you've lived in VA how long??
Old 10-03-2008, 09:01 PM   #16
Pebble Pounder

i prefer to think of it as not in touch with the latest ebonics.:-P
Old 10-08-2008, 03:32 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

There are lots of great crawling spots in NOVA, Great Falls park is one of the best. You can also walk or bike local parks in search of crawling spots. I live in Reston, about 5 minutes away from Sterling.
Blazerbogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 09:05 AM   #18
Quarry Creeper

wow, just saw this, been really busy, hey blazer, call me, i sent u a PM, my super's been out of commision, and my berg aint done yet :( , but i ghetto rigged my super to make it work, lol
Old 10-27-2008, 07:51 PM   #19
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazerbogger View Post
There are lots of great crawling spots in NOVA, Great Falls park is one of the best. You can also walk or bike local parks in search of crawling spots. I live in Reston, about 5 minutes away from Sterling.
can you post pic/s?
Old 11-05-2008, 08:15 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

Sorry for the late reply, here are some pics of my local park
(Lake Fairfax Park).

In Arlington

Lake Fairfax Park again

Blazerbogger is offline   Reply With Quote