Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Virginia

Notices

Thread: Front Royal Rock Crawling...Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2010, 12:47 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Front Royal Rock Crawling...Help

My wife is dragging me along on a wine shopping weekend, which I dont really mind. We are heading to Front Royal, VA. The kicker is she is going to a baby shower while we are there. That is the main reason we are going down, but while there we may as well try some wine. I want to take my rock crawler along, but dont want to spend half a day looking for a spot.

Are there any suggestions for good spots to crawl in Front Royal? I will be there 5/16/10, which is this Sunday. If there are any people that want to meet up for a GTG that would be cool too. I also will be in Linden, which is where the baby shower is going to be held.

If you have suggestions, an address would be great so I could plug it into my iPhone.

Thanks,
Wes

Last edited by brazwewn; 05-10-2010 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Wrong date for crawling and added another location
brazwewn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2010, 01:48 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

There should be plenty of spots to go in front royal, nobody I know of has really checked it out. i live about 45 minutes away, but have to work on Saturday.
firekiddc02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 06:45 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Updated original post since I had the wrong date and I found about about another town to add.

Wes
brazwewn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 10:11 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

If you can get away for a while with a vehicle, Elizabeth's furnace is near Front Royal, it has some sweet spots right next to the road, I don't have an exact address, but if you take 55 from Front Royal, theres a road called Fort Valley Rd. that you will turn left on and you will enter George Washington National Park eventually, and you can't miss the rocks, theres a little pull off the road to park next to it, but its an awesome spot, the address Google maps gave me is Fort Valley Rd, 4, VA, United States, but thats approximate, but you can use it for directions to the spot, it is near a place called "Blue Hole" on Google maps.

Good Luck, and avoid Front Royal at all costs, that place is a cesspool lol
nismotuningrocks is offline   Reply With Quote