Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Virginia

Notices

Thread: Fort Belvoir/ DC area

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2011, 06:10 AM   #1

Default Fort Belvoir/ DC area

Question...

I have searched and maybe my search skills are not that good but is there anything club wise or just great places to crawl up in the North of Virginia. I'm currently living at Fort Belvoir which is just south of DC by 30 Mins.

Thanks for any information,
Woodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2011, 10:08 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodchuck View Post
Question...

I have searched and maybe my search skills are not that good but is there anything club wise or just great places to crawl up in the North of Virginia. I'm currently living at Fort Belvoir which is just south of DC by 30 Mins.

Thanks for any information,
How far Fort Belvoir are you willing to drive? I've got a couple nice crawling spots but they are about 30 to 40 minutes north of you.
sellenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 10:57 AM   #3

Sure, I would drive 30 mins...it's just me here at Belvoir. At least that I know of.
Old 04-14-2011, 12:01 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Hey man, we are www.mdrccrawlers.com

we have a comp series and several scale runs throughout the spring summmer and fall. we have a comp at carderrock park right off 495 and I belive silver spring md. not to far from you. sign up on our sight, we are always looking for new people to come out to events. Also varcor is the n. va club. some of there members travl to our events and they have a club sight but I do not know the website
rock addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 01:35 PM   #5

excellent info...thank you.
Old 04-14-2011, 09:42 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodchuck View Post
Sure, I would drive 30 mins...it's just me here at Belvoir. At least that I know of.
Well in that case Difficult Run is a nice spot. All these pictures were taken there. It's really close to Great Falls. That's mostly where Blazerbogger and I go to run the scalers. We're out there almost every weekend so just give us a shout if you're thinking about heading out here and we can give ya directions.

sellenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 06:33 AM   #7

those pics are great looking, I don't have scale rig yet but I can see building one someday. Sunday I was thinking I would hitting Carderock, MD. Its not far from where I work so I should be able to find it. Not sure on a time, was going to see it anyone else was willing to go and then decide on a time...
Old 04-28-2011, 05:03 PM   #8

hello, i am new to this forum but not to rc stuff. i have a scaler that i am building...again. i like to change stuff. it is nice to know there is more scalers out there. could you maybe pass along any directions you have to the great falls spot or any others you may have. i am in fairfax and scaling is always more fun with more then 1. when i am done with my truck which should be a week or so i could go for a fun scaler session. when i figure out how to post pics i will post some of my rides. thanks for any info.
703scaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:26 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 703scaler View Post
hello, i am new to this forum but not to rc stuff. i have a scaler that i am building...again. i like to change stuff. it is nice to know there is more scalers out there. could you maybe pass along any directions you have to the great falls spot or any others you may have. i am in fairfax and scaling is always more fun with more then 1. when i am done with my truck which should be a week or so i could go for a fun scaler session. when i figure out how to post pics i will post some of my rides. thanks for any info.
Hit up varcor.org/forum That is where all of our locals post at.
firekiddc02 is offline   Reply With Quote