Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Virginia

Notices

Thread: VARCOR - GTG in VA - Dec 2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2007, 08:50 PM   #1
varcor.org

Default VARCOR - GTG in VA - Dec 2

Pulled from another post by Scooteracing:

December 2nd it is. This will be our first official GTG, at the Fredericksburg location. We need to know who is planning on attending and what kind of truck(s) you will be bringing; 2.2 comp, 2.2 scale, 1.9, and super. We plan on having some practice courses set up for the different classes but need to know how many of each class there will be. We may try and do an informal comp with or without points, just as a learning process for those who have never been in a comp, but it is going to be very relaxed and all for fun. We will be following USRCCA rules found here for 2.2 comp and supers: http://www.usrcca.com/rules2007.pdf , as for the 1.9 and 2.2 scale classes, we will use the official rules from scale4x4rc, http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9792, so please read and familiarize yourself and let us know if you have any questions.

Also, with respect to food, this time, everyone can just brown bag it. I myself will have a cooler with drinks and stuff to make sandwiches and snacks.

Right now, we are planning to be there at 10:00 AM, I will probably try and get there early to scope out some courses. So, post up if you will be there and what you are bringing. I will have a 2.2 comp, 2.2 scale, and 1.9 scale.

Here is the address that will put you right at the entrance. There are houses on one side and parking along the street on the opposite side. It has been confirmed that you are allowed to park on the street.

Ficklen/Mill Island
344 Riverside Dr.
Fredericksburg, VA 22401

Google Map

If anyone needs any further information or questions in general, please PM me either with your contact number or requesting mine and I will PM it back to you.

Attendee list

2.2 comp

'04 Rubicon
baldchris
Scooteracing
Robb
RockMonster

2.2 scale

'04 Rubicon
Scooteracing
Jake
Zach

1.9 Scale

'04 Rubicon
Scooteracing
thorsteenster

Super

Frank3
Robb??
RockMonster
swell searcher

Other
???

Last edited by swell searcher; 11-28-2007 at 05:57 PM.
swell searcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2007, 01:22 PM   #2
varcor.org

He's my cell number for anyone heading up on Dec 2nd - Randy - 757-647-4477.

Everyone coming from the south (richmond, VB, hampton, c-ville) - I will be at the Flying J (95N, exit 104) by 830-845. I'll be rolling out by 900 and should be at the comp some time after 930 or so. I'll be in a lifted silver TJ.

Mapquest - Flying J

No 2.2 tuber for me, so I'll be in the super class with a 14" TXT.

Last edited by swell searcher; 11-28-2007 at 05:58 PM.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:53 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

We are getting closer
Scooteracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 07:03 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

I hope my transmitter battery shows tomorrow ! My luck ,it'll show monday .
I'll double check the switch this time.
Frank3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 10:10 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank3 View Post
I hope my transmitter battery shows tomorrow ! My luck ,it'll show monday .
Post up if you need parts.................we can probably bring them with us.

I will be there with my 2.2, or just my 2 feet.........either way, I will be there.
Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 01:11 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

If anyone has any 12mm to 12mm wheel wideners, around 3/4 to 1 inch or so, I will buy them off of you Sunday. I also need an axle shaft for a wheely king. Broke it off tonight just as I was finishing the build. I managed to rig up something that appears to work using an AX10 knuckle and axle but I'd rather replace it with what is supposed to be there.

Only two more days!
'04 Rubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 12:11 PM   #7
varcor.org

Don't forget to bring your camera. We need to get some more pics and get the VARCOR site up and running!!! See you guys on Sunday with my virgin super TXT...
Old 12-01-2007, 08:43 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Weather forcast dosn't look too good. I'll be bringing my marine pack for my Sony cam, finally get to use it. Now, who will be driving in the rain for me to get pics of?
Seriously, hopefully it turns out fine.
Thorsteenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 07:18 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

I couldn't help it , I washed my car , so if it does rain ... it'll be .... na I don't believe that . Just checked forecast here , and it has cleared up , and now the F-berg forecast looks like it did here yesterday . small chance of rain in afternoon , little more t'wards night .

My order won't be in till Monday . The battery shouldn't be such a problem , by I ordered extra crystals for my radio . I have 1 extra set , am-75... futaba . most don't seam to run this band , but I'm usually wrong ...
Old 12-01-2007, 09:17 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

If I have time I'll grab the Xtals out of my Futaba's, no idea what channels they are though.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:38 PM   #11
RCC Addict

I grabbed some 62 (75.430) Crystals out of an old Fut Sport I had. I am also bringing a backup JR tx/rx, which has 75.710 crystals in it.

It you only need two channels, you can just use my backup.
Old 12-01-2007, 10:14 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

Cool , just trying to keep interference to a minimum , can't find all the stuff from 20years ago . I never throw-out any thing , but I did rent rooms before I got married and all kinds of things got lost between both . I'll eventually pick-up a spectrum style radio. but for now ,thanks
Old 12-01-2007, 10:27 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

I love my Nomadio.
Can't wait to meet up with yall.
Hopefully my truck holds up and does ok in its second revision.
Old 12-02-2007, 04:32 AM   #14
varcor.org

it's 630 and on the road again... damn, just finished putting both rigs both together by 230a this morning. i couldn't even carpet test them - this will be interesting morning!!!
Old 12-02-2007, 03:55 PM   #15
RCC Addict

Great to meet you guys!!

It was a fun day! That island offers almost infinite courses!!

I only got off about 10 pics or so before repair time kicked in (two new broken TP 995s), soon followed by rain time, so I don't have much to offer here as far as pics. I think Chris got off a bunch, so hopefully he will chime in.

Once I limited the rear arc and relocated the batt in "Ol' Yella," she did okay for a first trip out. Plenty of things to improve upon though!

Thanks Joe for the invite, location, and course prep!!!
Attached Images

Old 12-02-2007, 04:31 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Great pics Robb, I will get some up later.
Another big THANKS to Mark and Chris for setting up the 2 coures. It was an awesome day. Like Robb said plenty of area we didn't even get too.
Scooteracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 04:55 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Nice pics Robb. Looks like a nice spot, looks like the weather was kinda nice too.

Last edited by Thorsteenster; 12-02-2007 at 06:07 PM.
Old 12-02-2007, 06:06 PM   #18
varcor.org

that was a long drive home in the damn rain... but it was worth it!!! nice meeting you guys, had a blast and can't wait til the next gtg.

hmmm... made i should trade the txt axles for some axials. i was damn impress!!!
Old 12-02-2007, 08:32 PM   #19
Rock Crawler

Had a lot of fun today. It was great to meet you guys and see some other trucks run. The courses were good and became more difficult after a little rain. I enjoyed the follow the leader, that's where I learned what my rig needs, more weight up front. This location turned out the be idea for all clasess, plenty of runs to choose from, and we only had 2.

Nice pics Robb, I'm sure Chris and Joe will have some up soon.

Hey Randy, if you decide sell those TXT's, I might be interested in them for my Gladiator. How wide are those axles, the WKs are too narrow for the body without wideners right now. I do not know much about TXT's.
'04 Rubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 08:27 AM   #20
varcor.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by '04 Rubicon View Post
Hey Randy, if you decide sell those TXT's, I might be interested in them for my Gladiator. How wide are those axles, the WKs are too narrow for the body without wideners right now. I do not know much about TXT's.
I'll take a measurement tonight for you. They would look right under that Gladiator of yours. Spending the next few days reading the ax10 threads...