Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Washington

Notices

Thread: whatcom/skagit county crawlers?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2009, 12:05 AM   #41
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunk View Post
Its about a 10 minute hike from the road but its worth it. Just make sure you bring extra batteries and some spare parts.
This is where we usually start.

There is a trail that leads up to the top

Then once your at the top you could spend 3+ hours up there and not hit the same spot twice

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyf View Post
from i-5 take the WA-538 E / COLLEGE WAY exit-227 head east on college way, take a right on 9 to big lake, take a right on mt. vernon big lake rd. there is a short gravel road parallel to this road park there and walk up the road to the gate on the right, follow the trail and have fun

a friend and i are going to be taking the rigs here sunday the 8th if anyone wonts to go.
joeyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2010, 09:30 PM   #42
Pebble Pounder

Default burlington hill

burlington hill is a cool spot to crawl lots of rocks!!!!!
KnightRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 12:11 PM   #43
Pebble Pounder

Default concrete high school

this place is a man made mono rock. Its super steep but can be done. here is a pic.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:23 AM   #44

i live in sedro-woolley, great spots that i know of-- big rock, walker valley, medford road in lyman, burlington hill, concrete high school. all around baker lake area and lake shannon, deception pass, mt. erie, cap sante in anacortes, and any logging roads (i work in the woods with my dad so we know some pretty sweet spots. when i get a crawler i will hit you folks up!
silverbullet32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 12:31 AM   #45
Rock Crawler

woolley eh? my uncle is a cop in woolley. i grew up near cascade middle school right at the bottom of the hill
robbio4422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 03:07 PM   #46
Quarry Creeper

we need to get some people together and have a local crawling day. deception pass rocks for crawling. i was just there on saturday. iam down to crawl whenever and where ever.
CrawlHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 09:32 AM   #47
Pebble Pounder

I'm in the B'ham area, and am looking to get out today. Snow has melted!
SledRig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 06:09 PM   #48
Pebble Pounder

i live in concrete but am always down to do some crawling.... so someone pic a date and lets see if we can get something going. Also kinda wanted to know how many people would be interseted in starting up a north sound club. WPRCCA, and WARCRC do comps but 90% of them are all down south and with gas prices the way they are its hard to make them all..
Old 12-03-2010, 09:21 PM   #49
Pebble Pounder

I'm am going out tomorrow in the a.m. I need to be home by 2:00pm so my wife can go to work. I'm going to stop at Hobbytown and grab another battery. I'm thinking about Larabee State Park off Chuckanut at 11:00am. If anyone is interested, give me a call. Ian 360 410-0373
Old 12-04-2010, 10:34 AM   #50
Pebble Pounder

Default Larabee/Chuckanut crawling

I've got all my stuff together and I'm heading out. Nice day. I'll have my phone with me, give me a call if you want to join up. I'll be bringing the cameras as well. I'll post up some shots later. Ian
Old 12-04-2010, 03:45 PM   #51
Pebble Pounder

Had a great time at Larabee. It was the first time I got to take my Creeper out and challenge it.

Here's the "playground"

small climb

fun descent, it did shoot the gap at the bottom. On one try it rode out a bit of a nose wheelie
Old 12-05-2010, 08:40 PM   #52
Quarry Creeper

Hey guys....Sorry to jump in on your thread but have some curiosity... I am moving from Central Cali to Federal Way, WA to be near my kids.
Are/Is there any spots for crawling near..around..in that general area ?? How is the weather for crawling....? I know Seattle weather isn't the best.. Are there any indoor crawling....?

Sorry again for jumpin in but I am an avid crawler with....

3 comp rigs ( Berg..Widow shafty..Sportsman Hustler )
2 comp scalers ( 2.2 & 1.9 )
1 Super Clod Hustler worthy of comping....

Looking forward to maybe meeting some of you guys and see how the crawling is in your neck of the woods....lol
m&mkrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 10:59 AM   #53
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by m&mkrawler View Post
Hey guys....Sorry to jump in on your thread but have some curiosity... I am moving from Central Cali to Federal Way, WA to be near my kids.
Are/Is there any spots for crawling near..around..in that general area ?? How is the weather for crawling....? I know Seattle weather isn't the best.. Are there any indoor crawling....?

Sorry again for jumpin in but I am an avid crawler with....

3 comp rigs ( Berg..Widow shafty..Sportsman Hustler )
2 comp scalers ( 2.2 & 1.9 )
1 Super Clod Hustler worthy of comping....

Looking forward to maybe meeting some of you guys and see how the crawling is in your neck of the woods....lol
yes there are a couple of clubs around to check out... comp and scale comps are done by WARCRC.org and then there is wprcca.com and they do comps also. there are alot of crawl spots pretty local...no indoor crawl places... its not that bad here weather wise... (it's not 75 and sunny all the time though. just have to dodge the raindrops!!!)
needs2hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 10:31 PM   #54
Pebble Pounder

If the weather holds off for tomorrow, I'm gonna hit up Larabee State Park again. Batteries are charged up and I have a new setup to try out. Give my a call or text if you wanna meet up. Ian 360 410-0373
Old 12-24-2010, 11:39 AM   #55
Pebble Pounder

Default Squalicum Park

Has anyone ever been to this place? It's on Squalicum Rd., between Guide Meridian and the marina. The old Pacific Concrete batch plant used to be here. Bellingham put in a park with a baseball field and some walking trails. The city seems to use the space beside the park to store building materials. There is a bunch of guardrails and granite slabs....

Then there are two laydown areas that have all different size rocks and boulders. I had a ton of fun with the crawler, and with a little work this place could be incredible. Pulling some weeds and some strategic rock placement would make this place comp worthy.

Old 12-31-2010, 10:56 AM   #56
Pebble Pounder

I'm gonna be looking to get out crawling on Sunday 1/2/11. Most likely the Bellingham area, Larabee or Squalicum Creek Park. 9-10am start time. Give me a call if you want to set something up, Ian 360 410-0373
Old 01-23-2011, 01:44 PM   #57
Pebble Pounder

Default Larabee State Park 1/23/11

Headed to Larabee at 2:30 this afternoon. I have at least 2 other buddies meeting up there. Should be good, weather's holding off for now.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:44 PM   #58

Default Re: whatcom/skagit county crawlers?

Im heading up to burlington hill today ill be there around 3:30 hope someone comes it gets boring by yourself
buckman15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:54 AM   #59

Ill be at burlington hill saturday at 2:30 hope some of u guys can come
buckman15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:59 AM   #60

Sled rig like the spot in your pic, I crawl there Also, what kind of rigs are you running, anybody else know of any spots in what com area
Banks534 is offline   Reply With Quote