Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > West Virginia

Notices

Thread: Fairmont Area?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2011, 04:00 AM   #21
Rock Stacker

Default saturday

I am going crawling Saturday. The water level has dropped near fort prickett so either that or coopers rocks. Anyone else wanna meet up? I will have my MRC and maybe my new MRC PRO I just ordered.
the other 2.2 guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2011, 10:48 AM   #22
Rock Stacker

Default lets crawl!!!

say where and when, i have micro crawlers, mini rock crawlers, scale 1.9 and building a TLT 2.2 comp
Old 09-01-2011, 03:23 PM   #23

hello all, first post here. i'm from fairmont and me and several guys i work with all run redcat rs-10's fairly regularly at valley falls. if youv'e never been there you gotta check it out. it has some of the best natural terrain in the area. i myself run a heavily modified rs-10 with 540's, dig and all kinds of good stuff. i'll try to check here often if anyone wants to join in. maybe we can eventually get enough interest to start holding some comps there. there's tons of grills and picnic tables there as well so it's a great place to take the family too. both of my kids have crawlers and we spend all day out there sometimes. Hope to see some local interest as it's a great place to play!
wvcreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:49 PM   #24
Rock Stacker

I am down with the falls, sunday? How us that redcat? I was at that pawn shop checking the big one out, what dis you party for yours?
Old 09-02-2011, 10:45 AM   #25

i could meet out there sunday but i won't be able to crawl, waiting on a stub shaft that i broke out there last week. but my boy always enjoys going out there to run his truck, he runs an exceed maxstone 10. as far as my rs-10 goes, i think i paid around $160 for it. stock out of the box it does pretty decent for an entry level moa, but after about another $300 or so I'd say it's pretty close to comp worthy. There's still changes i'd like to make to improve performance mostly in my link setup but i'm really restricted by the 540 upgrade. Don't get me wrong, the axles on the rs-10 are pretty stout but with the motor cans being offset it really limits my link placement. Oh well, come spring i plan to build either an xr10 or a bully comp rig and i'll just keep the redcat as a basher/trainer rig. i work day shift sunday, but i could probably be out there around 5 or 6 weather permitting. forecast shows some possible rain but we'll see.
Old 09-03-2011, 05:23 PM   #26

Looks like tomorrows no good, rain or not. Got other family duties to handle. Next weekend will be better anyway, I should have my parts by then.