Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > XTM Crawler

Notices

Thread: XTM X-Crawler axle pin removal? How

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2008, 05:45 PM   #21

Default me too

"....and converting the XTM axles to a pimpcane setup and am clocking the axles to get the extra rise out of them."

thats funny, im waiting on my pimp cane to get here. after bending the chassis i decided that the links and rest of the stuff was good for another build but the axles where such bitches to clock that they definitly gonna need a pimp! ()
rusty_rail is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2008, 05:15 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Don't get me wrong fellas, but this used to be a Super Shafty board and we were ANTI Clud around here. We were the dark side of crawling. Now look what's happening

These are not Tamiya toy crawlers. They are high tech Hobby Grade crawlers, and I rejoyce the new SUPER REVOLUTION

Last edited by Bart bender; 10-30-2008 at 05:18 PM.
Bart bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 02:16 PM   #23

Default ????

im sorry but i thought the tittle said "XTM", the x crawler is not included cause is pretty new.
rusty_rail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 07:29 PM   #24
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart bender View Post
Don't get me wrong fellas, but this used to be a Super Shafty board and we were ANTI Clud around here. We were the dark side of crawling. Now look what's happening
With all do respect, this is the most appropriate place for us to post and until shown a more applicable forum will continue to post here. The X-crawler is an XTM and this is the XTM forum...seems appropriate.

I, after having a shafty at first, migrated to MOA and would appreciate it if all you shafty guys would follow suit. Just kidding of course...thats not a fair request. Just as its not fair to expect it to go the other way.

Everything (with the exception of scale) appears to be going MOA. XTM, berg, clod (obviously), axials have MOA axles now. I would expect the MOA invasion to become more prevelent in the future. To be honest I'm supprised that I don't see more 1:1 rigs that are electric with a motor in each wheel. I expect thats coming right soon.
Dynamic^Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 02:29 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
This^ was ment with a sarcastic tone hence the rolling eyes

Quote:
These are not Tamiya toy crawlers. They are high tech Hobby Grade crawlers, and I rejoyce the new SUPER REVOLUTION
This^ was directed to the XTM's being higher quality than the Tamiya toys

Welcome to the SUPER REVOLUTION

Red Cat Racing also has a MOA Super out too.
Bart bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 11:36 PM   #26

Quote:
This^ was ment with a sarcastic tone hence the rolling eyes

This^ was directed to the XTM's being higher quality than the Tamiya toys

Welcome to the SUPER REVOLUTION

Red Cat Racing also has a MOA Super out too.
That's the attitudt to have Bart One things for sure change is inevitable. As much as I like the enthusasume I would agree with your insight early on with this rig, it does need more R&D I just wish that "WE" the paying customer didn't have to do XTM's R&D for them.
Sixstring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 11:14 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamic^Cipher View Post
So I was gonna clock my XTM X-Crawler axles. How do you remove the pressed in pins on the axle. They are in there TIGHT....like ball link pliers don't stand a chance and my vice wants to bend the axle before the pin moves at all.

I can not get the tubes off without removing this pin. Anyone gotten that damn pin out yet.

a buddy of mine bought the x-Crawler and brought it to me to replace the gears and we took a punch and hammer and tapped it out on one side with no problems. then when it came to the other side we tried the same method with no success. i ended up blowing a bearing apart and didn't get any where, so i took a propane torch and just heated the axle a little bit at a time (right at the pin) then tapping it out worked like a dream with out breaking anything.
draper_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 10:31 AM   #28
RCC Addict

Alright, I tought i got the "right color box" to have the "good" axles...
Not the case, just got my XTM/Hustler going, put it down on the ground, in the house, gave it throttle, went reverse, went forward and... thats was it! A internal gear, spun or stripped!

This is what I did and it worked flawlessly... (tear down and rebuild)

I bought a decent Bike chain breaker tool (WorkForce mini chain breaker, 9.00 at my local bike shop)
The 'dog bone end" of the shaft that has the 'hard to remove pin' fit perfect into the chain break tool, I was able to remove pin like the tool was made for it, just perfect!

OK, so I take the 'spun' grear out to see that theres 3 more gears just like this one! Although I know Global/Hobby People would warrant the products, I wanted to make it better than their stupid idea of pressing the 2 gears together!
Took the gears to a friends house (Fletch) and he was able to spot weld the gears on the back side, all I did was grind the lil tack welds and their good to go! I think they should hold up now! They are a good grade of steal so I'm not to worried about them at this point!

Now its time to put them back into the axles and test it out!
I will let you know how they hold up!
Stay tuned!
~John

Last edited by KRAWLR4life; 09-24-2009 at 03:25 PM.
KRAWLR4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 11:29 AM   #29
JJR
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAWLR4life View Post
Alright, I tought i got the "right color box" to have the "good" axles...
Not the case, just got my XTM/Hustler going, put it down on the ground, in the house, gave it throttle, went reverse, went forward and... thats was it! A internal gear, spun or stripped!

This is what I did and it worked flawlessly... (tear down and rebuild)

I bought a decent Bike chain breaker tool (WorkForce mini chain breaker, 9.00 at my local bike shop)
The 'dog bone end" of the shaft that has the 'hard to remove pin' fit perfect into the chain break tool, I was able to remove pin like the tool was made for it, just perfect!

OK, so I take the 'spun' grear out to see that theres 3 more gears kust like this one! Although I know Global/Hoppy People would warrant the products, I wanted to make it better thank their stup idea of pressing the 2 gears together!
Took the gears to a friends house (Fletch) and he was able to spot weld the gears on the back side, all I did was grind the lil tack welds and their good to go! I think they should hold up now! They are a good grade of steal so I'm to worried about them at this point!

Now its time to put them back into the axles and test it out!
I will let you know how they hold up!
Stay tuned!
~John

That is some good info. Let us know how it holds up? I was just about to sell the hole kit. It's still new I haven't used it.
JJR is offline   Reply With Quote