Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > XTM Crawler

Notices

Thread: 1/4 Scale Servo/Upper Link Mount

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2004, 09:47 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default 1/4 Scale Servo/Upper Link Mount

Finally got my new mount built today. After not realy haveing anywhere decent to mount the 1/4 scales and breaking off another upper link mount I thought it was time to do something a little different. I cut everything off the tp of the axle and fabed up this mount, now I won`t be beating the servo on all the rocks and won`t be breaking any more link mounts. I haven`t installed the axle back in the truck yet because I`ll have to make new upper links due to pushing the mounting holes about 1 1/4" back. I`ll have to build another one for the front as well. Built from 1/8" and 1/4" and all mounting holes are drilled and tapped for 3mm hardware.

4XADICT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2004, 11:02 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: 1/4 Scale Servo/Upper Link Mount

Damn that's purdy! Looks nice.

I'm like you. 1/4 scale servo and X axles don't go well. I did the same thing as you a while back, shaved the top of the axle and mounted the servo flat....but then ran into the upper link mount issue. I have yet to really figure it out, the upper link mount that is.

Now that I have x2 1/4 scale servos for the 'Tot I have to get it right :P
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 11:55 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Wow! Really nice looking mounts! I like it!

Had an idea for something like that but couldn't figure out a link mount that would place it closer to stock. Maybe you could mount the links under the top plate so it's not so high up, if that becomes an issue of course.

Seeing as how you'll have to go to shorter upper links, will that affect the suspension vs what you may have had before with the stock mount on the axle?
cman_1500w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 12:25 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Thanks guys, I guess I got a little carried away on the polishing .

c_man, I built it planning on mounting the links under the top plate, which will make them only about 1/8" higher than stock. I have no idea how moveing them back is going to affect the suspention, guess I`ll find out soon enough.

Toyo, how did you try the upper links, and why didn`t it work?
4XADICT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 05:11 PM   #5

so i was bored and surfing old posts. (this place has come a long way btw)
i came across this and was like wtf?

maybe its just the fact that being made out of pvc that people dismiss the thing, but if anybody cared to pay attention to the details they'd see theres some actual thinking in it...

serious steering for x-axles

upper link mounts, steering linkage up high and behind the axle, servo clamping design to adjust servo depth, also serves as a HELLA stiffening brace to keep the diff from flexing. i havent had one single ring and pinion problem like almost everybody else has and i got a substatially heavier rig...

anyway, seein this post just kinda irked me. figured i'd vent.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote