Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > XTM Crawler

Notices

Thread: Help!!!x Factor Conversion!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2006, 03:37 PM   #1

Exclamation Help!!!x Factor Conversion!!

ive got a modified xf here...

jumbo kongs

removed nitro motor and gas tank

custom 8 link suspension

locked differentials

revo drive shafts

and i still have all of the stock servos attached to it ( reverse and throttle etc)...I have a large lathe motor in mind for this project.... SOOO could someone tell me EVERYTHING i need to make this beast into a ELECTRIC crawler...Im used to ONLY nitro so please let me know allllll the things i need to order that are electronics!!! thanks alot
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2006, 04:49 PM   #2
MODERHATER™

build a chassis, 4 link it, and use the search button a bunch, this site contains all the info you need!
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 05:01 PM   #3

DONE THAT!!!! i need someone to tell me what the parts that i need are and what they do!!! i keep getting replies that tell me to read, ive READ IT PEOPLE!!!! i dont know what to look for because im new to electronic motors and whatever...please if you want to HELP me, tell me what i need and dont tell me to go read aobut it because i dont know what to search for!!!!
Old 03-23-2006, 05:21 PM   #4
MODERHATER™

whoa bud! i would not go demanding like that, the mods can get evil........you have 2 threads going here! same thing on both, you just joined rccrawler... take your time!
Old 03-23-2006, 05:37 PM   #5
MODERHATER™

i would think about using an e maxx tranny, w/ a gd600 reducer, get a good lathe motor, make the wheelbase around 16 to 18 inches, titainium gear servos, build yourself some links, get some moabs or lsts, lower your cg, you could use a clod type chassis if you want to buy one, do you want to buy it or build it? anything else?
Old 03-23-2006, 06:00 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Okay kiddies...

To convert your X-F to electric, improvise a mounting plate for a 540 motor to your existing transmission, or shell out $40-$50 on eBay for a stampede tranny.

Use the search button to find information. I'll have more in a minute.

trans for x axles?

xfactor elec conversion?

X-Factor

Maxx-Factor
radishkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 06:03 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
blah blah blah...

and i still have all of the stock servos attached to it ( reverse and throttle etc)...I have a large lathe motor in mind for this project.... SOOO could someone tell me EVERYTHING i need to make this beast into a ELECTRIC crawler...Im used to ONLY nitro so please let me know allllll the things i need to order that are electronics!!! thanks alot
It really depends on what you have in mind. You could use the stock tranny, an e-maxx, pede, or TXT tranny. You could use a Twin Force tranny. You need to search the maxx based, TXT, and TLT forums, as well as the XF and Twins to get an idea of the setups they use. Then pick and choose what you need to suit your style. You're doing a conversion that can go literally dozens of ways. You absolutely have to do more searching first.
Old 03-23-2006, 06:55 PM   #8
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

there really is no set list of parts, or a certain way to do it. You need an electric tranny, an esc for the motor, and some ingenuity to figure out how to mount the tranny.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 07:01 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrobholmes
there really is no set list of parts, or a certain way to do it. You need an electric tranny, an esc for the motor, and some ingenuity to figure out how to mount the tranny.
Thank you.
Old 03-23-2006, 07:05 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Screw the electric conversion................let's see pics of the 8-link!!!! :?
Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 07:18 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb
Screw the electric conversion................let's see pics of the 8-link!!!! :?
I think he's probably adding front and rear to that equation...
Old 03-24-2006, 12:51 AM   #12

i agree lets see the 8 link
cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 05:32 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

8 Link, 8 Link, 8 Link, 8 Link!!!
Bart bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 02:39 PM   #14

i WISH i could put pix up here of my links and other parts i made myself...im proud of em! but i dont have a camera ! ANYWHO, i ordered 2 of the JOHNSON 700 lathe motors, a hitec 5995 high torque servo, an after market e maxx motor mount.....i gess i need pinion gears to turn my X factor spur gear thats on the tranny...

now what do i need? a esc? how many ESC do i need for my dual motors and WHICH KINDS?

inform me about what i need to do from here to wire it because im just like HOMER SIMPSON at a nuclear meltdown with wiring
thanks you guys alot!!!
Old 03-24-2006, 03:09 PM   #15
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

I would recommend the Tekin Rebel 2. Best esc available new for crawlers at the moment. I not only recommend them, I just got a fresh shipment of them today ;) Pm me or take a look in the vendor section if you are interested.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 07:00 AM   #16
TEAM MODERATOR

PM John,he'll hook you up. He's a super guy to deal with. Good service,quick delivery and good prices to boot.

I'm running a Tekin Rebel 2 in my sons Twin and a Super Cock in mine. Both are awesome ESC's. You got a Johnson 700 lathe??? Isn't that kindly big? A 540 sized 55t or 65t is all you need.
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 12:22 PM   #17

yeah man, i got a e maxx esc that will handle my dual motor setup! im happy with this....but, i need 2 batts that will put out ALOT of power and will be big enough to supply my needs

.....im runnin dual 700 lathe motors ( krazy power but slightly insane DONT COMPLAIN! )

and i have the 4 wheel steer w/KONGS
e maxx dual motor esc

hitec 5995 servo

sooo thats basically the big stuff that needs power, plz let me know what BATTS will power this massive setup please!

also, how will i get a pinion gear on my motors to mesh up with my spur gear on the XF tranny? any suggestions on how to get power to my tranny from the motors? ane can i find the pinions and motor mounts??? thanks guys!
Old 03-25-2006, 01:40 PM   #18

i REALLY need to know the PITCH of the XF spur gear so i can find a pinion that i can put on the motors to turn the spur gear.....or do u guys have any other suggestions
???thanks???
Old 03-31-2006, 06:36 PM   #19

I suggest building your own tranny

And not running twin motors as well.. its pretty lame and just drains more battery power and weights more.

_bR3T7
clodbrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 07:54 AM   #20
TEAM MODERATOR

I'll agree with Clodbrett. You only need 1 motor and 1 battery. Running 2 is just added weight. With the right gearing 1 motor is pleanty. I can pull my 8 1/2" LST tires around easily with 1 motor & batt. Currently,I'm not even running that great of a motor anyhow. I'm running the stock can motors that come with a Twin Force now and they are pleanty powerfull enough with my gearing. I'm getting roughly 45 to 50 minutes of runtime as well with a single GP3300 pack from Radio Shack.
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote