Notices

Thread: Blown 1970 Chevelle SS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2013, 09:24 PM   #21
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Blown 1970 Chevelle SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51WillysJeep View Post
Hey, I could always modify it for ya..!!!

And just think - with that blown motor, you wouldn't have to worry about "crawling" over the rocks, you'd simply fly over them..!! LOL !!
This belongs to a local company called Bulldog Lighting. The owner inherited it after his older brother passed away. The shell came off a real SS 454 car in the late 70's early 80's, along with the orig engine and transmission. Back when these cars werent so rare....Alot of people bawk at the idea but people did some weird stuff back then. Its sitting on a blazer chassis...

Heres my boys 70 chevelle, Blown and injected on Alky SM . Small tire car, this was his first 7 second pass...Looks slow compared to that 6 sec pro mod car. Registered, insured and driven on the street.

Jalil Jaber Blown 1970 Chevelle - YouTube
NorCal 2500HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2013, 06:50 PM   #22
Rock Crawler

Me drool at motors like that

My friend is just about to order a high performance 318 crate motor with +400 bhp for his 1985 Dodge ramcharger, and i am allso told to be on standby for metalpounding and cutting + prepping for paint ( blasting ) + paint.

My 1 armed buddy is Lucky he have sutch a talented friend

I just Wonder when we are going to Work on the 1958 Chevy apache stepside that have been residing in his garage for over a decade
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:54 AM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal 2500HD View Post
This belongs to a local company called Bulldog Lighting. The owner inherited it after his older brother passed away. The shell came off a real SS 454 car in the late 70's early 80's, along with the orig engine and transmission. Back when these cars werent so rare....Alot of people bawk at the idea but people did some weird stuff back then. Its sitting on a blazer chassis...
Personally, I'd change it back, but to each his own.

Like Stang Killa, I'm also more Pro Touring than Pro Street, but I like what you're doing here. Looking forward to more updates!
Tommy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 08:37 AM   #24
RCC Addict

Hey Guys, Small update of sorts....

So I finally got around to getting back to work on the Ole' Chevelle. ( I had forgotten how much MORE the 1:1's were vs. the R/C stuff LOL !)

First up was to repair some minor damage and repaint the front core support, then after they were sanded down and primed the front fenders went on as well.

Next up was installing all the new front end trim (grill, headlight surrounds, etc). I also wanted to mock up the motor again to see how everything was beginning to take shape...

Lastly the new front bumper went on, and now its finally starting to look like a car again..!!

Next up comes MORE bodywork, then wiring everything back up, and hopefully I can start this thing before too much longer.
51WillysJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:35 AM   #25
Rock Stacker

Sooo nice!
Jiggawhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:37 AM   #26
Quarry Creeper

Sorry to stray off topic, but this....
Quote:
Hey, I could always modify it for ya..!!!

And just think - with that blown motor, you wouldn't have to worry about "crawling" over the rocks, you'd simply fly over them..!! LOL !!
...was done by Monogram in the 80's. Scary...

Badmuthatrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:35 AM   #27
PapaGriz Yo

Gawd I love blowers! That's a great car too, I had a friend in college with a '70 Chevelle and I loved that car.

I have the mini-me version of your Weiand. My 393 made 550 hp (corrected for altitude) so you should have no problem hitting 700 if you want.

Last edited by Grizzly4x4; 08-21-2013 at 05:10 PM.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 04:48 PM   #28
Rock Stacker

Quote:
The Idea with this car is sort of a "pro mod/pro touring" style car when its all done..!!
That's cool !!!! I went the Pro Street route with my '69 Camaro.

Quote:
Honestly, not 100% sure at the moment. When its all said and done, I'm hoping around 500 - 700+ horse.
.......with that 496 you should be well north of 500 HP!! The 468 in my Camaro made 661 HP naturally aspirated on an engine dyno @ The Performance Clinic in Dayton,Ohio.
Crimson Rock Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:51 PM   #29
I wanna be Dave

Nice car! I'll have to keep up on this build too.

Mine from 1987 (senior year of high school)

When I bought it, it had a 350 in it. Built a '68 402 myself when I was 19 and drag raced it (and got in lots of trouble) for a year until I got a girlfriend that lived 45 minutes away. That didn't last long at 8-9 mpg. Sold it for $3500 in 1989.

Still love these cars and EVERY time I pass one on the road I get a little choked up.....

Can't wait to see what you have in store for the rest of yours. You're not cutting up the factory cowl induction hood are you?
War Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:01 PM   #30
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badmuthatrucker View Post
Sorry to stray off topic, but this....

...was done by Monogram in the 80's. Scary...

WOW, and to think I was just kidding around when I found the pic of the blue one..! That models pretty damn cool though, I'd never actually build one jacked up like that, but it shows someone was thinking outside the box even back in the 80's..!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly4x4 View Post
Gawd I love blowers! That's a great car too, I had a friend in college with a '70 Chevelle and I loved that car.

I have the mini-me version of your Weiand. My 393 made 550 hp (corrected for altitude) so you should have no problem hitting 700 if you want.

Thanks man ! Yes, Blowers are the shizz..!! I like the picture you posted. What is that the front end of, an Early Bronco..? Not really sure where I'm aiming at for HP at the moment, once its up and running though, I can begin to fine tune things and see where I want to go from there. It should be a hand-full when its all done and driving..!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Rock Crawler View Post
That's cool !!!! I went the Pro Street route with my '69 Camaro.

.......with that 496 you should be well north of 500 HP!! The 468 in my Camaro made 661 HP naturally aspirated on an engine dyno @ The Performance Clinic in Dayton,Ohio.
Thanks ! I believe I originally mis-quoted myself, I too think I'm going Pro-Street with this car, vs pro-touring. Still gotta get it up and running, then I can weld up the rollcage and finally get this thing into the paint booth..!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Pig View Post
Nice car! I'll have to keep up on this build too.

Mine from 1987 (senior year of high school)

When I bought it, it had a 350 in it. Built a '68 402 myself when I was 19 and drag raced it (and got in lots of trouble) for a year until I got a girlfriend that lived 45 minutes away. That didn't last long at 8-9 mpg. Sold it for $3500 in 1989.

Still love these cars and EVERY time I pass one on the road I get a little choked up.....

Can't wait to see what you have in store for the rest of yours. You're not cutting up the factory cowl induction hood are you?
Thanks ! You too had a sweet car there my friend..! Mine will actually be the same color scheme as yours when completed, the correct GM Cranberry Red with black SS stripes.

The factory cowl induction hood is staying completely intact ( will become garage wall art at best..!). In fact I have two other hoods to cut up, thats if I even decide to run a hood on this car at all..!! I've still got ALOT of polished and stainless steel goodies to go into the engine compartment, It would be a shame to cover it all up..! LOL
Old 08-22-2013, 09:21 PM   #31
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
Thanks man ! Yes, Blowers are the shizz..!! I like the picture you posted. What is that the front end of, an Early Bronco..? Not really sure where I'm aiming at for HP at the moment, once its up and running though, I can begin to fine tune things and see where I want to go from there. It should be a hand-full when its all done and driving..!
Yup, 1970 Bronc.
Thats one great thing about blowers, more or less horsepower is just a pulley change away. My friends call it cheating but I call it smart.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 02:34 PM   #32

man I dig this I love chevelles.....I have a 71 myself and cant wait to get started on it I want a 496 stroked bg block with an 8/71 blower and maybe feul injection but rigt now having to many rc wants and household bills is killing me of course my 2 blazers don't help much either
blwn71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 10:01 PM   #33
Rock Crawler

Good to see pics of it ! Getting it done slow but sure...
Fumbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 03:48 PM   #34

love the jacked up chevelle!!!!
aldrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 08:25 AM   #35

I a chevelle fanatic ive had 2 of them. a 69 and a 71. the 69 was my favorite wish I still had the beast but she is long gone due to one heck of a wreck.....
redneck thug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 07:23 AM   #36
RCC Addict

Its been awhile but heres a small update. This ones been on the back burner for a long time now ( too long !!) , but finally pulled it back out over the fall and got most of the bodywork all complete, and the interior back in. Still needs final wiring, but hopefully she'll be runable by this spring !!

Old 12-10-2014, 05:07 PM   #37
Sinking with the ship

Looking good Chris, picked up a Chevelle myself, 69, that I am working on. Should come out to ATCO with us next season and see what that bad boy can do
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 07:27 PM   #38
Quarry Creeper

Lookin fantastic!!!!!!!!!! Thats gonna be one nasty car
The pickup looks awsome too!!!
gearhead79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 09:29 AM   #39
RCC Addict

Damn !! Its been a LONG time since I've updated anything on RCC unfortunately, but the Chevelle and BOTH of my 1930 Ratrods) are GONE. I've wanted a 1970 Dodge Charger since I was 16 years old, and last December that dream finally came true !! My latest ride came from Arizona ( i.e ZERO rust, which is HUGE on the east coast)
Old 11-05-2016, 03:23 PM   #40

Quote:
Damn !! Its been a LONG time since I've updated anything on RCC unfortunately, but the Chevelle and BOTH of my 1930 Ratrods) are GONE. I've wanted a 1970 Dodge Charger since I was 16 years old, and last December that dream finally came true !! My latest ride came from Arizona ( i.e ZERO rust, which is HUGE on the east coast)

So you're the new Mopar owner? May I ask why a '70?

For me, it was always either a '68 or '70. I like the fact the grills are completely encased. I like that look, it almost reminds me of a mouth opening up to eat whatever's in front of it.

I wanna throw a bug catcher on my motor too. I talked to the local blower shop & they looked at my motor specs & said I'd be fine with the compression. Problem is my car is a high impact color (purple), fender tag's chocked full of options and it's all #'s matching. How far is too far?

I'd like to pull the drivetrain & install everything off my current ride onto a base model '70 Charger so I don't feel guilty. But seeings how I'm paralyzed now I'd have to farm out a lot of the work.
That I don't like doing.

And I like all manufacturers, just like Mopar the most, lol.
rtmike is offline   Reply With Quote

Blown 1970 Chevelle SS - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
new Tom Cruise movie with '70 Chevelle STANG KILLA SS Chit Chat 14 12-26-2012 08:43 PM
new Chevelle Concept vehicle! STANG KILLA SS Chit Chat 49 01-27-2012 04:53 PM
1970 f100 josh97 Axial SCX-10 8 07-28-2011 06:38 PM
69 Chevelle :D h8z2luze Chit Chat 25 02-06-2010 12:08 AM