Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > 1:1 Full Size Vehicles

Notices

Thread: Lil b gets a makeover

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2023, 05:51 PM   #21
RCC Addict

Default Re: Lil b gets a makeover

Finally got all the fittings for the fuel system rounded up, or so i thought. The last fitting, the one that goes in the carb inlet, was the wrong size. But i did manage to get the rest of the system plumbed up.

Comin out of the fuel cell i used an10 fittings n line. Put in a fuel shutoff valve n a pre filter before the pump. From the pump forward, i ran an6 line. I added another filter after the pump as well, didnt get pics of it yet.

Next up will be the lines for the oil filter relocation setup

Sent from my SM-A516V using Tapatalk
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2023, 01:16 PM   #22
RCC Addict

Got a bit of an update for yall. Its a feel good moment.... Then disaster struck lol. Got an oil leak, think the fittings just need tightened up some more. N freeze plugs are leakin, but i expected that

https://youtube.com/shorts/hAcrSDBO8Vk?feature=share

Old 09-18-2023, 06:14 PM   #23
RCC Addict

Got a bit of work done on lil b today. Not alot, but enuf to make a difference. The fuel.pump over powered the floats in the carb, so i ended up gettin a regulator. Worked out perfect, he starts up better than he ever has n idles great.

Ive got to get the rear driveshaft to the machine shop to get shortened. The one i had before is boogered up where the clip goes to hold the cup in. Didnt realize it til i tore him down, the clip was gone. But the driveshaft from the donor truck is bigger, so thats a plus.

Hope to get some more done soon. For now, heres a new runnin vid from today. Thanks for stoppin in n checkin n out progress

https://youtube.com/shorts/fgJo_qeGn...HjZbYhr_FMvxQF

Old 09-18-2023, 06:53 PM   #24
RCC Addict

It’s coming together buddy, I bet you’re getting fired up to drive it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
twade984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 07:34 PM   #25
RCC Addict

Ok, long over due update. Ive got some parts in over the past month or so. New 3 core alum rad with dual fans, 224/224 magnum comp cam, comp cam valve springs, alum dual plane intake, new water pump, .030 over pistons, stainless cap head hardware kit. Im sure im missin a few things on that list.

Today, i had a guy from work help bleed the brakes. N man are they touchy. No, the engine hasnt been built yet, but i did get to finally drive lil b across the yard at work lol. That was a great feelin for sure! Been a few yrs since ive driven it. Also replaced the turn signal switch, so all the turn signals work now. Think ill buy another one though, this one is a bit cheaply made.

But, thurs, im finally takin the engine up to peidmont to the machine shop. Takin the whole day off, goina drop the engine off at T&A machine shop, then go on up to CRV. Me n some buddies are goina go pull some lines with tiny trucks.

Man am i stoked to get the engine built! Plan is to have lil b roadworthy by ECC in may. Still need to get one end of the rear driveshaft fixed, the groove for the clip is beat up pretty bad. Didnt notice, til i pulled it out, the clip was gone. Still dont know how i didnt lose the cup off the ujoint lol. Have to get the sensors for the fans, run n tidy up all wiring, n finish the exhaust.

So as things progress, ill add updates. For now, heres some pics

Old 03-25-2024, 07:52 PM   #26
Quarry Creeper

Right on Indy! Cool you're making some progress.
Sniper4370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 03:39 AM   #27
Go Buckeyes!

Cool project. She's a good looking truck. I've always liked that era of Ford pickups and the stepside bed makes it even better. I once had a '76 Chevy Silverado short bed stepside project truck and I still kick myself for getting rid of her.

Looking forward to seeing this all come together!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 05:18 AM   #28
RCC Addict

Thanks sniper! This has been a build ive wanted to do since i got lil b 13 yrs ago

Thanks brian!!!!! Them ol chevy stepsides are good lookin trucks too. I know where theres one sittin in the weeds right now. I had an 80 f150 4x4, it was the heavy half. Wish id never got rid of it. 300 with a granny 4spd. Done all the body work n painted it. It was dark blue, at night it was black, n under the street lights, itd turn a silver color. Got it from my dad when i was in high school, paid him $250 n he told me if i graduated, hed sign it over. I gradeeated by golly lol

Old 03-26-2024, 12:51 PM   #29
Slow is the new Fast

Love the character of that stepside. It's coming along beautifully.

Here is my stepside project

Yours is cooler, wanna trade?

Sent from my SM-G990W using Tapatalk
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 01:53 PM   #30
Rock Stacker

Looks good man, can't say I agree with the 22s but free is free. All it seems you need now is the big foot gas pedal and you're set.
Goos3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 02:27 PM   #31
RCC Addict

Thats a good lookin stepside smog, but i cant get rid of lil b. About 7 yrs ago, lil b was still a 1/2 ton at that time, i had a guy chace me down in the store n try to buy him. Offered me 2 harleys, i said no, offered me $10k, turned it down. He kept on n on, n said, but its a short bed f250!. Had to explain to him, i put the f250 badges back on the fender to cover the holes where they were on there before. N that they never made a reg cab swb f250 or f350, they were either reg cab lwb, ext cab swb, ext cab lwb, crew cab swb, or crew lwb. Told him, he better go recount the lugs too lol. But, not lil b IS a reg swb f350

Thanks goos3! Idk about that bid ol foot pedal, mines big enuf in the floor board, dont think i need another down there lol

Lil b gets a makeover - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sawback makeover PatrickE G-Made Sawback 17 11-22-2016 05:10 PM
RS-10 Makeover GreMonte Redcat Crawlers 19 09-29-2010 11:07 PM
My Yota Makeover 01XJ 1.9 Scale Rigs 7 04-03-2008 07:58 PM
my ax10 makeover shrek Axial AX-10 Scorpion 25 12-15-2007 02:09 AM
my maxx makeover smokinubyrc Traxxas Crawlers 20 04-14-2006 10:34 PM