Quarry Creeper

That's a good lookin beater!
blukon98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2010, 01:52 AM   #22
~ Got PROPANE ? ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turn'Nburn View Post
Awesome tuck! you need to come to Madison and do some trail running with us at Clifty Falls state park. The park has tons of great scale crawling. Do you go to the Rox Box? We are attending the scale & 2.2 comp tomorrow.
I vacationed around Clifty Falls quite a few yrs ago...I'd LOVE to come down with a few of my rigs sometime.

I'm going to try to make it down there sometime before the snow flies !

I haven't been to RoxBox yet....I also didn't realize that they had scale comps too !

I'm going to have to get up there too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUSTOMHILUX View Post
Any thoughts of doing a dropbed?

I've got a few Toyotas that I've done drop beds on...but the problem with doing them on SCX chassis rigs...ESPECIALLY if you want to have a truck with a Full Interior.....that leaves ZERO room for a battery !

I run 7.4v 2s-5400mah 35C Hardcased Lipo's on my Yota's...so I have no place to put that big of a battery if I do that.

My BLuE Yota Truggy is setup on an SCX chassis...and It's my convertible truck....in other words....I can swap out the TRUGGY BED....and put on my BOBBED and DROPPED Bed...in less than 5 minutes !!

BUT.....to do that I've been running several 7.4v 2s 1300mah Turnigy batteries wired Parallel...to get more mah.

I have to do that because of the lack of room on that rig when I'm running the dropped bed and because it has a Full interior in it as well.

Here's how the "Blue Truggy Convertible" works...it goes from this:

TO THIS..in less than 5 minutes...(Just can't run big battery on it like I like-I'm painting the tailights and working on a bumper that will work on both bed setups right now too)

Thanks for checkin them out !

ARON

Last edited by BiG_DaWgZ; 08-08-2010 at 02:01 AM.
BiG_DaWgZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 01:57 AM   #23
~ Got PROPANE ? ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas View Post
on post 11 the first picture in the top left is kinda creepy!
looking really good!

LOL...the funny part is that I know what that pic on the TV is of !!!

It's of that lady detective on that reality homicide detectives show that's based out of Indy ! It's called "The Shift!"

That pic is CRAZY LOOKING tho !

Thanks man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blukon98 View Post
That's a good lookin beater!

Thanks bud

Last edited by BiG_DaWgZ; 08-08-2010 at 02:03 AM.
Old 08-08-2010, 02:18 AM   #24
Quarry Creeper

Wanna trade me for a bunch of nitro stuff? lol, jk
Old 08-08-2010, 03:04 AM   #25
~ Got PROPANE ? ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by blukon98 View Post
Wanna trade me for a bunch of nitro stuff? lol, jk
I really never have liked Nitro stuff

Looks like you got enough stuff there to get you a decent scaler tho...If I were you...I'd go to the nitro specific forums/websites to sell that.

I'd bet that it would sell there MUCH faster than here...and you'd probably get more money too !

Last edited by BiG_DaWgZ; 08-08-2010 at 03:08 AM.
Old 08-08-2010, 04:15 AM   #26
Quarry Creeper

im hoping so, maybe ill have some luck over at rc tech, i was told alot of nitro traffic goes through there so maybe ill have some luck
Old 08-08-2010, 02:59 PM   #27
I wanna be Dave

hey man! whats the MM lenght on those lower links?? i have an OG bruiser body that needs a new home on a scx! lol
blakeski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 03:58 PM   #28
Quarry Creeper

Thumbs up awesome yota

im guessing you have about 40 hours in it so far.very realistic truck.keep up the good work.
creepr69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 06:29 PM   #29
~ Got PROPANE ? ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakeski View Post
hey man! whats the MM lenght on those lower links?? i have an OG bruiser body that needs a new home on a scx! lol

The Lower alum links themselves are around 90mm...but your overall length will depend on what type of link ends that you like to use for your particular setup.

Sometimes I use stock Axial link ends...which will make the total length on the bottom links right at 114mm from eye to eye.

If I use Axial bent link ends on one end and stock axial link ends on the other...the total length will change to 117mm from eye to eye.

If I use the Axial bent link ends on both ends it will make them right at 120mm from eye to eye.

All of these combos can work depending on how you set your ride height and/or your shock length.

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepr69 View Post
im guessing you have about 40 hours in it so far.very realistic truck.keep up the good work.

I usually work on several trucks at a time and that makes it a bit harder to keep track of actual times.

Thanks for checking it out

ARON
Old 08-08-2010, 09:36 PM   #30
Rock Crawler

I was gonna say do a drop bed and make a truck box, that's what I did with my Hilux. I can fit two 2200mah 2s no problem and I can change batteries in seconds. Killer Hilux BTW, I have another sitting on a Blazin Blazer chassis but I might have to put it on a SCX10.
cutlaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 07:15 AM   #31

This is an awesome rig. Where do you get the bodies at.
zgray19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 07:53 AM   #32
~ Got PROPANE ? ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutlaSS View Post
I was gonna say do a drop bed and make a truck box, that's what I did with my Hilux. I can fit two 2200mah 2s no problem and I can change batteries in seconds. Killer Hilux BTW, I have another sitting on a Blazin Blazer chassis but I might have to put it on a SCX10.

Thanks...I've done that before as well and it puts my battery weight up just a little bit higher. I like to try to keep it as low as possible for COG purposes.

I don't like my batteries down on the axles because it takes away from the scale looks so that leaves me very few choices.

I have that setup on my blue truggy Yota convertible. I've got dual 1300's in a truckbed toolbox. (See the truggy bed toolbox in the last picture)

Thanks for the ideas !

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgray19 View Post
This is an awesome rig. Where do you get the bodies at.

These bodies are Tamiya Toyota Hilux's

I get mine from a vendor on here "RPP HOBBY".

I also like to combine mine with AXIAL SCX chassis because they perform VERY WELL with this setup. (WAY better than they perform on their Stock Tamiya Chassis setups...IMO)

Here's a link to the page where you can order the parts at: http://www.rpphobby.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=hilux

I'm slightly addicted to these trucks...well...Toyota's in General...I guess:

Last edited by BiG_DaWgZ; 08-09-2010 at 07:57 AM.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:59 AM   #33

Definitely a nice fleet of Yotas. I just got into this with an scx. I love it already.
zgray19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 08:08 AM   #34
~ Got PROPANE ? ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgray19 View Post
Definitely a nice fleet of Yotas. I just got into this with an scx. I love it already.

Thanks

You're already starting out ahead of what I did just a few short years ago.

I started out with a Toyota...(the Lime Green one now)...but it was an all stock Tamiya Hilift.

I've gradually switched them over (and most of my new builds) to SCX's after owning my first SCX and comparing how it did vs the HiLift.

HiLifts are great and have their calling...but for me...the SCX just outperforms them at doing just about everything that I like to do...which is mostly trail run w/some rocks...some mud....woods running mainly.
Old 08-10-2010, 02:16 AM   #35
Rock Crawler

Nice Yotas, I need more! I need atleast one SCX10 based Yota and LMK if you ever wanna part with the red Nikko body. Love the blue Nikko, the Beater and Convertible.
cutlaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 04:21 AM   #36
~ Got PROPANE ? ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutlaSS View Post
Nice Yotas, I need more! I need atleast one SCX10 based Yota and LMK if you ever wanna part with the red Nikko body. Love the blue Nikko, the Beater and Convertible.

Unfortunately....that body is my last one...and it's promised already...to OGmicromonster.

He's in the process of getting the items together that he's going to be trading me for that one !

Sorry man

ARON
Old 08-11-2010, 12:24 AM   #37
I wanna be Dave

ahhh staying true to a yota man!! all my rigs i built are yota based as well!! i have a OG hilux, 2nd gen yota (hooded) wreckluse,homebrew trail rig in the works, taco honcho, and even my 4x4 slash is a ivan stewart replica! lol

your beater build is what mad me start my own!! keep up the great work man!
Old 08-13-2010, 07:55 PM   #38
~ Got PROPANE ? ~

Well...I couldn't stand it.

I had to try out some of the NEW Pro Line Super Swampers !!

I had been saving a set of my 1.9" Limited Edition TSS Trail Ready beadlocks for a future build...and since I've now got a set coming from eddievedder...I decided to go ahead and mount these up on one of my current rigs.

SO...I mounted up the new Super Swampers to my TSS Trail Ready Beadlocks and I put them onto the "BEATER YOTA" !

I weighted these before...and it turned out PERFECT for this rig's setup.

These tires squat perfectly and CONFORM very well to the terrain around them. I can't wait to run these on a trail !

I also got extra Swampers so I could mount up a spare too....I used an old Losi MRC wheel that I painted up to kinda match the TSS Trail Ready's.

I might have to switch this back to the 1.9" section now !! (wish I could just do that myself so that the mods didn't have to hassle with it !)

Here's some PICS:

Last edited by BiG_DaWgZ; 11-07-2010 at 11:44 PM.
Old 08-13-2010, 09:33 PM   #39
I wanna be Dave

damn those look amazing!!!!
Old 08-13-2010, 10:56 PM   #40
~ Got PROPANE ? ~

I LOVE THEM !! Plus....they're G8 Compound so they're nice and STICKY !

Aron