Old 10-19-2011, 07:23 PM   #81
I wanna be Dave

Nice Bronco, and great turnout.
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2011, 01:27 PM   #82
RCC Addict

Couple more pics of the Bronco in action at LRC taken by 88RRC's Dad

After seein how awesome Kathleen's Bronco looked with a white grill I decided to white mine out as well. Not sure if itll stay this way or go black but I dig it for now. Got the lights workin too!!!

Ill post up a couple more pics later when I get off work
Matt
66sprint6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 03:32 PM   #83
Quarry Creeper

Lights look good. I dunno... I think I like the white grill. If it didnt have a white top, it wouldnt work. But it looks good on there.
wally101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 10:27 PM   #84
RCC Addict

I agree...Ive always wanted a blue with white top and white grill Bronco in 1:1 but for some reason I keep thinkin this one needs a black grill. I think Im gonna keep it white for a while tho, then it it doesnt grow on me Ill hit it with some black and see what I think.
Matt
Old 10-28-2011, 10:28 PM   #85
RCC Addict

Here are a couple more updated shots. It was cruddy out so you cant really see the white grill but I got to run the lights which was fun. You can see the new taillight solution I came up with after accidentally painting over them from the inside. I cut them out and put some scrap lexan in place. Colored that red with a sharpie then cut the backup light out from the stock sticker and placed it in the right spot. It actually turned out alot better than I thought it would!!!

Thing flexes out pretty decent for what it is. I like the balance alot, and Im learnin to work with it more and more as I get more time with it.

Matt
Old 10-29-2011, 07:44 AM   #86
I wanna be Dave

Nice way to slip in some spy shots from the STR Food Drive trails .
Badd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 06:10 AM   #87
I wanna be Dave

That is one sick Bronco. Pretty good photography skills too.

Sorry if I missed it, but is that the Pro-line body? How well did it match the stock wheelbase?
meatmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 06:42 AM   #88
Quarry Creeper

Man this is a cool Bronco. I just bought some reduced TSL's for mine after seeing yours. I might steal that taillight idea as well. They look good that way...more 3D instead of flat lexan body style.
drtrydr2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:30 AM   #89
RCC Addict

This is the Tamiya Bronco body, the Proline is alot bigger and fits the SCX10 really well. To do the Tamiya Bronco you will need to hack a bit off the chassis and shorten the wheelbase quite a bit...but its OH SO WORTH it!!!

These tires are awesome!!! I wrinkled on up really good this weekend and thought Ide either ripped one of my seams or debeaded it but nope, she's still solid!!! I love it when my work holds up to all the abuse I like to throw at it LOL

Speaking of abuse, I was goofin around WOT when I turned left, heard a snap and she locked em up.

Ends up I lost a bolt in the steering knuckle, it fell outta place and the dogbone got in a bind which stopped the Bronco quick and tossed the driveshaft off the yoke. She's back together and I havnt noticed any other damage...got lucky! Food Drive is this comin weekend, gonna freshen her up and get ready to go!
Matt
Old 11-17-2011, 09:03 PM   #90
RCC Addict

Thought I would toss up some shots from the 3rd Annual STR Food Drive. I got to really beat on the simple sliders which did amazing! Only other mod was finally venting the rear wheels. Def. the best its ever crawled!

Now all I really need is a back bumper and then maybe get to work on an interior!

Matt
Old 11-17-2011, 09:26 PM   #91
I wanna be Dave

Insane. I love it! The one on the left is looking good too, but I like yours better
helhedded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 08:31 AM   #92
RCC Addict

I appreciate it man!!! There were 3 CC01 Broncos runnin around, but I could never get em in the same place and the same time so I snagged this shot while I could. Its such a wonderfully detailed little body, its too fun to work on. I got Kathleen another one and her's, altho not the color I would choose , looks even better than mine detail wise!
Matt
Old 11-18-2011, 10:54 AM   #93
PapaGriz Yo

Still looking great! Glad to see it is holding together well.

It would be neat to see you do an interior, the interior on the yellow one looks nice.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 01:26 PM   #94
RCC Addict

I def. plan on doin an interior soon, just wanna try to keep it light yet durable! I have some ideas, but not sure quite yet. Ill figure it out one day lol
Matt
Old 11-19-2011, 07:44 PM   #95
RCC Addict

Got bored and slapped together another set of 3.8" tires for the Bronco lol. They arent near as good lookin as the TSL's but they are alot of fun to run and will see plenty of action backing up the TSLs.

Whoops

Doesnt look like much but Im very proud of this shot. Ive fought this rock many times in the past and never quite made it but today I sat down, took my time and it finally happened!

Love the new tires. They handled everything I threw at em, altho they were a little loose in the slick stuff but I think that will get better once I wear em in a bit. They wont replace the TSLs by any means but will be fun to run from time to time!!!
Matt
Old 11-19-2011, 07:55 PM   #96
RCC Addict

that is a good lookin bronco and nice pics at the event as well.
hotrodsonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 11:38 AM   #97
RCC Addict

Took a couple pics of the Bronco out at Twisted's nasty offroad park. This park was a challenge for big tire, long wheelbase rigs so the Bronco was way out of its element, but I did all I could with it anyways!!! I ran the 3.8 Irons again for some more testing and really like the way they handle, even with crap foams and being stretched over a 1.9 wheel. I sanded the outter sidewalls smooth and after this run have decided to do both sides.

I popped the driveshaft off twice in this run, Im thinkin some Junfacs are in order shortly. I also need to get the shocks back out and on the rear, the springs are super soft now and flex like mad but inclines are getting harder and harder.

Matt
Old 12-08-2011, 11:34 AM   #98
RCC Addict

Just got some new screws in for the MTHead rings on the Titus wheels. These are only temporary but I use em to test out all my new tires so I figure I might as well make em look good!

Matt
Old 01-18-2012, 09:45 AM   #99
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: BlueBronco budget build

Forgive my n00b question, but what wheels were you running on this truck? Not the beadlock ones, the other ones. Where can I get them?

Thanks!
cheesefart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:31 AM   #100

Default Re: BlueBronco budget build

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesefart View Post
Forgive my n00b question, but what wheels were you running on this truck? Not the beadlock ones, the other ones. Where can I get them?

Thanks!

they're the RC4WD stamped steel wheels.
HolyTolitoGreg is offline   Reply With Quote