Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: my ext cab 95 ford

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2012, 10:55 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default my ext cab 95 ford

4 door ford pictures by weez440 - Photobucket

thought you guys might like this or not. anyways i got this body on here about a year ago and i did a little extra work getting the windows closer. i plan on dropping the bed, and making an interior. i bent the frame yesterday and welded everything up. i should update the pics but so far i have the leaf springs mounted, tranny & motor mounted, shocks mounted, and axles on. i did a little more work on the body tonight but wanted to get stuff mounted on it. i am not going to use these tires and wheels i am going to use my tsl/sx's on wheels that will be determined in the future. the shocks i used were 80 mm white rc4wd and i put skyjacker stickers on them cause the suspension is going to be stiff as hell. tomorrow i think i am going to mount the servo on the axle for the time being but in the future it will be frame mounted, and do some styrene work. if you guys have any tips or tricks please feel free to help me out.
weez440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2012, 11:01 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: my ext cab 95 ford

Looks good so far. I want to see more pics from different angles. Im interested in checking out that body a liitle more.
Die-Laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 11:26 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

hey thanks, it really is the praises and talking to you guys on the net that keeps me motivated on this. i went ahead with the metal work and just ran with it cause that was easy but the syrene work i am laggin on cause i don't have the patience for it but i like the outcome. and i don't have the skills like alot of people on here do. i am going to either take a guys advice from scale4x4 and cut out the grill insert and make a radiator behind it or i am trying to find a king blackfoot grill for it which is almost impossible it seems. i am going to darken out the back side and rear windows and that will be where the transmission sits and i will have viewable front windows and that is where you will see the interior. oh i took more pics and added to the album, you can see where the tsl's fit this truck better, they are wider and shorter then the rox lox.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:41 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Search on how to post pictures from photobucket directly and embed them in your post. I couldn't find your pics with the link. I'd love to see the build and you'll have to learn how to do it eventually.
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:23 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Hey Weez,
The body looks pretty nice and real close to the real thing!
Do you think you are going to have to trim the front fenders?
Are those 1.9 RokLox in the pics?

sweli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 03:56 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

95 ext cab ford pictures by weez440 - Photobucket maybe this one works better, i edited the file. i will get them posted up when i get time to. we are taking off for jamaica in a couple days and i been really busy. yes those are rox lox in the pic but if you can view my album now you will see that i am actually using tsl/sx's which are a way better fit. i bought some wheels off a guy that will look pretty good on the tsl's and i will get them mounted when i get back from jamaica and mount them on the axles so i know what i am dealing with. i am going to probably take the springs out of the shocks and remove 1 leaf from the suspension to get it soften up. the one rear shock is going to be remounted to go in the rear of the frame like a 1:1 but it just happened to line up with the mount for the leaf spring so it will all get dissasembled and painted eventually anyways. also what color do you guys like for a body, cherry red or black? i am putting chrome wheels on it.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:42 PM   #7

those look like 2.2
billzkustomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:15 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

been away for a while and those are 1.9's. i have different tires and wheels on it that fit it perfect. i don't want a river rider look i want a backyard everyday beater truck that is street legal look. i have the back made for the cab now too. next is the drop bed which will be simple and then onto the interior and floor pan. i work on it here and there and thanks to pantablo i am paying alot of attention to detail.
Old 02-25-2012, 10:29 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

That body is too cool, wish I could find one to do a scaler like my 1:1. It looks to be a hard body, do you know who produced them??
Big Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 02:13 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Is there a reason why your rear leaf hanger is at the back of the rear leaf? Body and frame looks great man!!
rocksteadily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:07 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

the body is a tamiya king blackfoot body. and the leaf springs are set up just like a 1:1. thanks for the compliments guys. i was working on the house today so maybe tomorrow i will start on the bed. i will also get another pic up of the cab.

my ext cab 95 ford - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ext Cab Hilux Honcho w/ Steel Bed slobin3d Axial SCX-10 304 08-16-2012 07:11 PM
ext. cab yota Jester666 1.9 Scale Rigs 19 08-15-2009 03:26 PM
94+ Ext cab s-10/sonoma body??? MNorby General Scale Talk 2 05-18-2009 05:06 PM
Can anybody make an F-35 ext. cab I have the parts drtrydr2000 Paint and Body 0 02-16-2009 02:35 AM
Scale 99 dodge ext cab build quads4_life 1.9 Scale Rigs 14 12-15-2007 11:05 AM