Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Crawl Space's SFXJ - unlimited budget quick build!! PICS ADDED

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2015, 07:01 PM   #61
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Crawl Space's SFXJ - unlimited budget quick build!! PICS ADDED

Got back from Nationals yesterday - what a blast! Excellent event put on by fantastic people in an awesome location

The SFXJ performed flawlessly (the driver not so much )

I did, however, manage to place 11th out of 53 drivers, which I am VERY excited about! It rained all day during class 2 and the jeep didn't skip a beat (with the exception of a servo horn set screw I forgot to locktite, but fixed before running). I was extra impressed with my Solar D772 servo winch; on the last course of the day (which had mandatory winch gates) it actually BROKE a winch stick (a metal eyelet screw on a wooden dowel for winching point) due to the excessive power on 3s

The locked up RC winch line performed flawlessly and didn't fray or tangle

Additionally, the Pitbull Growlers kicked ass in the rain all day! I will hopefully be running this rig, after some modifications and adjustments, at 2016 Nationals.

Much thanks to Shane, Szczerba here on rcc, for spotting me and coaching me through the courses. His sweet blue and grey jeep is pictured below.

Crawl Space is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
cherokee, class 2, crawl space, scx10, sorcca

Crawl Space's SFXJ - unlimited budget quick build!! PICS ADDED - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crawl Space's Isuzu Amigo Class 1 build (STRC) Crawl Space 1.9 Scale Rigs 88 01-28-2017 12:34 PM
Project Venom: Crawl Space's Wraith Poison Spyder Build Crawl Space Axial Wraith 92 12-10-2014 08:32 AM
Touring cars... budget and unlimited budget jetboat Chit Chat 22 10-28-2013 06:27 AM
new Rubicon unlimited kit budget build ?s bigred22 Axial SCX-10 16 03-06-2013 12:23 PM