Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: X-Trail build update, bumper mounting ideas needed!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2016, 07:37 PM   #1

Default X-Trail build update, bumper mounting ideas needed!

Here's some current pics of my '92 Cherokee build on the X-Trail chassis. The new wheels came in Monday so I finally got to mount the 1.9's. (Don't mind the failed tire paint, that'll be coming off) They are GMade Sr02's wrapped in RC4WD Tomahawks. Great wheels, nice and heavy, good quality, and great looking imo. I also opted to get the GMade wheel bolt/center caps to finish off the look. I also wanted to bring up the topic of bumper mounting. I'm looking to get the wide set of the Pro-Line Ridge-Line bumpers and was curious if anyone could point me in the right direction? I've read SCX10 mounts don't work, width is different and they utilize the Axial's c-channel frame. I spotted some "universal" mounts off of RC4WD, anyone used these? If all else fails I don't mind fabbing something custom, but I could use some ideas.

JCraven_94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2016, 10:50 PM   #2

Default Re: X-Trail build update, bumper mounting ideas needed!

Did a little bit of fine tuning today, measured up some limiting straps for the rear axle to mellow out the intense flex to match the front, also switched over to vertical posts and properly mounted the body. Still need some ideas for bumper mounts..

JCraven_94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 11:06 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I had to build my own. I used the metal covers off the back of a PC where the video card goes. Cut those down to about a quarter inch by an inch and drilled holes. Once mounted I brazed on a bumper to that. If you search "bronco TLT" you can see how I did it. You could probably mount an RC4wd bumper to it between the chassis rails and use some spacers. Spacers are so key in scale builds.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
joe.bielski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 11:08 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

PS: try an SCX10 skid plate, you can triangulate your lower links.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
joe.bielski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 04:12 PM   #5

Here are some bumpers I got from RC4WD. When I had the AX10 skid plate I had to use spacers to mount them in between the frame rails. When I started a rebuild and changed over to an SCX10 skid plate the bumpers mounted directly to the frame. Then, I replaced the SCX10 Skid plate with a Dinky rc split skid transfer case and the bumpers still mount up directly. Although the GR7 motor mount needed a spacer to mount to the frame rails.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk
Darrell82 is offline   Reply With Quote

X-Trail build update, bumper mounting ideas needed! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
week 2 update on trail trekker build tbh2014 Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 0 08-09-2013 02:53 AM
Week 1 : trail trekker build update tbh2014 Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 0 07-28-2013 07:01 PM
Winch mounting ideas for front bumper P-diddy28 Axial Wraith 3 01-23-2013 08:02 AM
Ideas on Mounting Front Bumper/Bull Bar?? alexchen86 Tamiya XC/CC01 5 03-15-2012 06:46 AM
Ideas needed for mounting body MOCRAWLER General Scale Talk 23 10-04-2007 10:14 PM