Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Cross-Rc HC4

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2016, 04:05 PM   #61
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Cross-Rc HC4

New tires came today, too. These are RC4WD Falken Wildpeak. They are the tallest 1.9 I could find at 4.82 inches around and I like the tall tires look on this body and frame.

Alpha Male is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2016, 05:17 PM   #62
Quarry Creeper

Looking great. I am tempted to buy this kit every time I walk into my local hobby shop.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk
wblteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 03:15 AM   #63

Really nice!
You're tempting me, damn...
Is it the exaust system empty inside?
I'd like to put a smoke system in it...

Please make a video as soon as you can...
capitanharlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 02:59 PM   #64
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Really nice!
You're tempting me, damn...
Is it the exaust system empty inside?
I'd like to put a smoke system in it...

Please make a video as soon as you can...
The exhaust is made of two parts glued together, but they are empty inside, like a straw. I'm going to use a smoke unit too, but I'm working out some other problems right now.

My servo controller burned up, my sound unit isn't working, the steering wheel servo is not quite right yet and I'm still waiting for my front wheels, which have been setting in U.S. customs for two weeks.

After all that is fixed I'll make a video.
Old 10-10-2016, 05:01 PM   #65
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Male View Post
Goof.

I set all of the electronics out on the counter and started trying to figure out how to use this new transmitter. Took about an hour to get it all working correctly and solder everything together. Drag brake still needs to be dialed back, lol.

Anyway, this is a Radiolink RC3S - 2.4ghz, 4 channels and cheap! It cost me $34 shipped. I don't buy expensive radio equipment because I insist on having a separate transmitter for each truck, so other people can drive my stuff with me.

Channel 1 is obviously for steering, but it is also split with a Y harness so that a second servo can turn the steering wheel inside the truck.

Channel 2 is only throttle and brake, but the sound unit and smoker (hopefully) will run proportionally with the throttle.

Channel 3 is a knob that is used with a wired winch controller for forward, backward and center, without a wireless key fob.

Channel 4 is a push button that will switch the transmission between high and low gear, as long as the low profile servo fits (hasn't arrived yet).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMro...ature=youtu.be
Did the ch3 winch setup work without issues? What winch controller are you using?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
honchojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 05:02 PM   #66
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Male View Post
The exhaust is made of two parts glued together, but they are empty inside, like a straw. I'm going to use a smoke unit too, but I'm working out some other problems right now.

My servo controller burned up, my sound unit isn't working, the steering wheel servo is not quite right yet and I'm still waiting for my front wheels, which have been setting in U.S. customs for two weeks.

After all that is fixed I'll make a video.
What's wrong with tbe Essone sound unit? I set one up for a mate and when trying to programit on the computer or update the firmware it kept failing. I had to adjust the communication rate in the settings before it worked.

Old 10-10-2016, 07:13 PM   #67
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Did the ch3 winch setup work without issues? What winch controller are you using?
I'm not sure which winch controller it is, but it has a push button for forward, stop and reverse. Everything worked great until I turned on the transmitter before I realized the channel 3 winch knob was turned. The winch pulled in and the strain made the electronic controller let out the magic smoke. The winch is fine, but it would be better to have a self-centering switch to avoid putting a strain on it accidentally. Once I get a new one I'll make a mark on the knob that lines up with the transmitter so I can look to be sure it is centered before powering it up.

Quote:
What's wrong with tbe Essone sound unit?
Something seems to be faulty, but I'm not sure what it is. When I turned it on the speaker sounded damaged and the unit would not calibrate, so I pulled it out for now. I'll have to see if I can figure out what's wrong, but I'm too frustrated right now. I have one in my Bomber that works great...
Old 10-10-2016, 07:17 PM   #68
Rock Crawler

Good point on the self centering. I use hacked flysky gt3bs but i would love a cheap radio that could do the same thing. I wonder how hard it would be to swap out the knob for a self centering or click type pot.

Old 10-10-2016, 11:12 PM   #69
Rock Crawler

Steering wheel disappointed me tonight. It wasn't made for what I'm trying to do, so I'll need something more durable. Oh, well, back to the old drawing board...

Seems I can't catch a break with this build lately.

Last edited by Alpha Male; 10-17-2016 at 05:44 AM.
Old 11-04-2016, 03:01 PM   #70
Rock Crawler

I lol'd about the magic smoke. Sorry had to.
GTSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 07:57 PM   #71
nka

Hey, I'm new here (well, not that new, but registered new). This truck look very nice and your version of it is amazing.

Did you had a chance to try it yet? Mud, rock, trail?

I'm tempted to buy it, but not sure how it will perform!
nka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 11:51 PM   #72
Pebble Pounder

Following. Definitely an interesting build you've got going! Is the toolbox where you stored the electronics? I'm thinking of using this kit as a crawler hauler w/ a trailer and not using the bed. Would the toolbox fit on the frame next to the cab without the bed on it?

Freaking great job on the weathering. That stuff looks exactly like a rusty old truck should!
Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 11:10 AM   #73

This is simply an outstanding tutorial. Thanks for taking the time and effort to post each stage.

Received my HC4 Kit last week from Bob-HT Oshkosh. (...aka "Oshkosh Bob"?). Especially like your use of primer paint on the entire Chassis...perfect. May go another "primer color" route for the Body...or a flat variant of Tamiya AS8 Navy, but you've basically built what I've been planning.

Using the Spectrum DX4S DSMR Controller, Spectrum S6240 Servos, Dynamite DYNS2210 ESC and Spectrum SRS4210 Receiver.

Again, many thanks for share your observations, tips and visuals. (I somehow feel I owe you one.)

Cheers - Mark
Euclid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 04:26 AM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotski View Post
Cool looking truck for sure. I have seen the Cross RC trucks but only delivered from China. Is that where this shipped from? If so, how long did it take to arrive?
A bit late with this post, but I'd recommend contacting Bob Mazza @ "HobbyTown" in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. (920) 379-9175.

He's one of two official / licensed distributors for Cross-RC Kits & Parts in the USA.

I recently purchased the HC4 and GC4 Kits. Bob gave me the best price anywhere...plus he continues to provide great advice / tips on the units.

Best - Mark
Euclid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 10:47 PM   #75
Quarry Creeper

Bob and the HobbyTown in Oshkosh and also Appleton have them. He owns both locations. He is a great guy and the help him and his employees provide is overwhelming. He has a large selection of not only kits but parts as well.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk
wblteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 10:56 PM   #76

How is this build going for you? I just ordered this kit from "bob" tonight.
Truck looks great btw!!
Cement head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 12:30 PM   #77
Gold Star Baby!

Are these difficult to build? I'm on a group in fb and some of the members say they are quite difficult.
vwmopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 02:11 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwmopar View Post
Are these difficult to build? I'm on a group in fb and some of the members say they are quite difficult.
Ive built a GC4 from Cross Rc, the manual wasnt very detailed, and in some spots the wrong piece of the tray was used as they dont show the finer details. But it turned out alright in the end, you wouldnt be able to notice

Goodiee13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 03:35 PM   #79
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodiee13 View Post
Ive built a GC4 from Cross Rc, the manual wasnt very detailed, and in some spots the wrong piece of the tray was used as they dont show the finer details. But it turned out alright in the end, you wouldnt be able to notice

Sup Jake? When are we going to take yours out? Mt dandenong or ringwood bypass sunday afternoon?

Old 02-27-2017, 04:04 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by honchojoe View Post
Sup Jake? When are we going to take yours out? Mt dandenong or ringwood bypass sunday afternoon?

Havent been to Ringwood so would be keen! Im busy this weekend, i can do the friday before the long weekend though?

Goodiee13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Cross-Rc HC4 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Cross RC HC4 Kit Szczerba General Scale Talk 22 03-21-2017 12:58 PM
Cross-Rc RCSlayRey General Crawlers 7 08-03-2016 03:47 PM
Cross over parts?? Drifter_X Axial Wraith 5 07-26-2011 02:17 PM
Enduro Cross twisted Chit Chat 7 02-05-2008 08:22 PM