Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: "Project Junk Yard Dog" Toyota Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2007, 05:38 PM   #61
Quarry Creeper

Some Updated pics of the chassis/frame with the body sitting on it. I have the rear mount made and sits nice and flush just need to figure out the front one. LOL
I kicked the body forward some so the front bumper would go over the chassis and not have to cut the lower valance.

Even a little Chino Mod action going on.
Eviltwin_52s is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2007, 05:49 PM   #62
RCC Addict

Cool. I like the body a lot, looks awesome.
Norcal crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 06:31 PM   #63
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eviltwin_52s View Post
I know all of you are waiting for me to get the electronics and RC stuff and that will be coming soon.
Not really, I'm just marveling at all the detail work. This thing could never run and I'd be happy to watch you add scale details. Simply amazing work.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 10:33 PM   #64
Oppan Gangnam Style

Cut dem dar doors! Looking good my man. Hurry up and finish it before mine is just a rusted pile of metal, putty and styrene.
chino63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 08:09 AM   #65
Sinking with the ship

WOW Bart, that is looking good!!! I like that you slide the body forward rather then cutting the bumper up, wish I would have though of that on my clone theres always next time.

BTW, I saw your other post and I must say those leaf spring look NEW there isnt even any rust on them if you run the truck some they will break in nicely Those axles look SAWEET, they would look badass anodized black

-Mike
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 08:43 PM   #66
Quarry Creeper

Default Updated Pics of the Interior

Well I made the plunge and Chino63 wanted to see the half doors so here it is.

With a modest shot of rear flex. Still not standing on its own as I am waiting on some 80mm shocks for the rear.

I have been playing with the dash and interior. I dropped the back of the seat 1/4" and then added the lower portion of the seat and then the kick area where we usually put stuff under the seat. So that adds about another 1/2 or more below the half doors that you can't see. This allowed me to lower the floor all the way down to where it should be. Added the slanted floor board that runs up to the firewall.

The hump on the floor next to the seat will hopefully blend in with the black when I paint it. But that is the hump where the Hyperion 3013 sits . I will try and build the Tranny tunnel some what around that then up to the firewall later.
I didn't like the original look of the dash because it was flat. And of course the original in a 1:1 isn't flat so I cut out the indensions and molded that in. Also with the Speedo in this year it was slanted behind a plexi window so I built out that portion of the dash and gave it the slant. Once finished it will have the speed and tach behind a thin piece of plexi as well.

Let me know what you think of the Half doors.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:48 PM   #67
Rock Crawler

that looks ****ing amazing.
cammok5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 08:55 PM   #68
I wanna be Dave

I love the half doors man This thing Looks and gets better with each pic man keep it up

i cant wait to see the interior done
smokinubyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 09:36 PM   #69
Quarry Creeper

dang bro that thing is sweet. the half doors look flawless
IronOx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 11:11 PM   #70
I had the hottest girlfriend at the MSD Nats

good lookin half doors bro! will you have to scoot the dash forward as well? how about mountin the mirrors on the front fender to still keep it street legal? i took alot of your advice and advanced alot on my truck. thanks for the ideas.
obijuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 11:19 PM   #71
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by obijuan View Post
good lookin half doors bro! will you have to scoot the dash forward as well? how about mountin the mirrors on the front fender to still keep it street legal? i took alot of your advice and advanced alot on my truck. thanks for the ideas.
That is good to hear that I was helpful some how. LOL

As for the dash it will stay right about where it is. The origianl bruiser glass is pretty thick and makes the dash sit out far. I may need to push it forward/back towards the firewall some but not much I don't think.

I am thinking that this truck may not be really that street legal as the details that I am wanting to do, I don't think this truck would be running out around on the streets when finished... But that could change with every detail I keep adding.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:00 AM   #72
Sinking with the ship

DAMN Bart That looks AWESOME! your dash looks great since its recessed the correct way, I thought about doing that on mine but I didnt Next one I will

The doors look great, I like how they came out

Keep up the great work

-Mike
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 11:51 AM   #73
Rock Crawler

looks killer
ScGRaceR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 05:15 PM   #74
Quarry Creeper

Ok I am not sure if I am one of the first to post pics with these wheels or not. But I am still trying to determine if I want to keep the 2.2's or go back to the 1.9's.
I need to remove one row of tread out of the Dirt Hawgs and then I think the tires would look a little better. But my taste still tells me that the Offset just still isn't right with the RC4WD wheel hexes.

Old 04-03-2007, 05:18 PM   #75
Rock Crawler

it looks good but would probly look real good with some coustom made 1.9 swamp dawgs. somebody hear just made a set that look sweat.
cammok5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 05:48 PM   #76
I wanna be Dave

Well you are without a doubt one of the finest bruiser body modifiscienctologiest that I've ever seen

I'm diggin the 1.9"'s though. The 2.2's are just a tad too wide and look a bit blingy.

kaetwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 06:10 PM   #77
I wanna be Dave

Damn, there's always somebody with madder skillz...

This thing looks great. Totally over the top Wish I'd thought of that moving-the-body-forward mod. There's almost an inch under the floor of my Bruiser.
microgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 06:22 PM   #78
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Well you are without a doubt one of the finest bruiser body modifiscienctologiest that I've ever seen

I'm diggin the 1.9"'s though. The 2.2's are just a tad too wide and look a bit blingy.
Thanks for the complement, I am really torn between the 2.2's and the 1.9's still. I may think about buying the 1.9's that look just like these when they come out. If I keep the 2.2's I can get about almost a 1/4" taken out of the tire and it would narrow them up some but not much.

Quote:
Damn, there's always somebody with madder skillz...

This thing looks great. Totally over the top Wish I'd thought of that moving-the-body-forward mod. There's almost an inch under the floor of my Bruiser.
Thanks Stu, the only reason I thought about this is because of the dropped bed it made sense to just do it this way. If I go with the 2.2's I could actually remove the Hump for the motor as I have about another 1/2" or more to play with just by raising the body up to look more scale to the 2.2's.
Old 04-03-2007, 06:34 PM   #79
PapaGriz Yo

I vote for the 1.9's. I love the look of those wheels but the aspect ratio (tire diameter to rim diameter) with Dirt Hawgs throws off the scaleness and I really think the narrowed Claws look better.

If you can get those wheels in a 1.9 then you will be the scale-pimpmaster.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 06:36 PM   #80
Oppan Gangnam Style

Bart, that thing just keeps getting better! Not sure if I like the 2.2's they look too busy and big. I'd say stick with the 1.9's. Keep up the great work!
chino63 is offline   Reply With Quote