Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Topher builds a TGH/G-Speed V3

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2020, 09:46 PM   #61
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Topher builds a TGH/G-Speed V3

Well... I think I’ve got it sorted... the rear is just about perfect. The front lowers are now at 120.5mm and that seems pretty good... the upper link needs shortened by 4-6mm and I think it will be good.

Lou
Attached Images

TK421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2020, 09:12 AM   #62
Gold Star Baby!

Definitely better! The front upper looks a bit long though. I say this because of the pinion angle. is there a different hole further back on the chassis you can mount it to? Post a full wide shot?

The rear isn’t as bad but those uppers may be a little long as well. Ideally the input on the axle diff should be parallel with the output on the transmission.

What’d your wb end up at?
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 09:19 AM   #63
Rock Crawler

The front upper is for sure too long, there is only one hole provided to mount it. I think I have some wiggle room on the rears so I'll look at that again... Wb came out to 12.375 and I'm good with that. I emailed Intheworksrc this morning to see about exchanging the links but haven't heard from him yet. Thanks a ton for your help.

Lou
Old 09-07-2020, 09:49 AM   #64
Gold Star Baby!

Back to this one as it was time to ditch the gladiator body for something more visually appealing. I’ve been liking the bodies MST has been coming out with and finally was able to get a JP1 after several weeks of waiting for one available in the states.

It’s a 12.3” body but the open front fenders made it easy to scoot back a little to accommodate the 12.5” wb of this rig. Kept it simple with a matte white and black paint job, added some door lines with a sharpie as well (this is a first for me). A little heavier than the gladiator but I dig it. Thinking I’ll have it out on the rocks again tomorrow.
Attached Images

Old 09-07-2020, 10:11 AM   #65
Go Buckeyes!

Looks killer TB!

I’ve always liked these bodies, but could never find one in stock.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 05:46 PM   #66
RCC Addict

Much better than the gladiator, I really like this body!
twade984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 06:37 PM   #67
RCC Addict

The body looks superb TB!!!
Robotboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 07:35 PM   #68
Rock Crawler

Yes, saw it on IG, looks so freaking good! I’ve wanted this body for months but also can’t ever find them in stock.

Lou
Old 09-14-2020, 12:35 PM   #69
Pebble Pounder

Another awesome build, and very timely as I just received my v3 chassis, dsm, forward motor mount etc. So this is an excellent reference for assembly.

I'm using intheworks rc high clearance links and ar44's (might change axles at some point).

Cheers~
pcgab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 04:14 PM   #70
Gold Star Baby!

Thanks fellas! Much appreciated. I like this body far better than the gladiator as well. Much more fitting for this for build.
Old 10-18-2020, 12:13 PM   #71
Gold Star Baby!

Took this fella out to one of my favorite places this morning, Logandale trails out by valley of fire. I’ve been wanting to get back there since the first time I went out there. It has been over a year and it was every bit as wonderful as I remembered it being out there.
Attached Images

Old 10-18-2020, 02:32 PM   #72
Pebble Pounder

Great shot of what looks like an incredible place!

How are you liking the G-Speed build vs the other lcg chassis builds?
Old 10-18-2020, 06:27 PM   #73
RCC Addict

Man that looks like an awesome play ground. Sweet pic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fricker08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 06:30 PM   #74
Go Buckeyes!

Nice pic!

Looks like another beautiful place to spend the day crawling! It amazes me how many awesome places you have out there to have tiny truck fun!

I’ve always wondered, is all the open land out there state owned or is it private? Or both? Can you just park anywhere and go crawling?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 10-19-2020, 07:35 AM   #75
Gold Star Baby!

Here are a clip from Instagram... should have a longer video to share at some point today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcgab View Post
Great shot of what looks like an incredible place!

How are you liking the G-Speed build vs the other lcg chassis builds?
I really like all 3 of comp chassis’ I have running right now. They’re each a little different as the Sherpa is a rear portal and the gspeed is a 12.5” wb whereas the gc4.2 is a 12.3” but I enjoy driving each one since they all do pretty darn well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fricker08 View Post
Man that looks like an awesome play ground. Sweet pic!
Thanks Fricker! It’s a great place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
Nice pic!

Looks like another beautiful place to spend the day crawling! It amazes me how many awesome places you have out there to have tiny truck fun!

I’ve always wondered, is all the open land out there state owned or is it private? Or both? Can you just park anywhere and go crawling?
It sure is a beautiful place, I enjoyed myself very much out there. Nevada has a lot of public land and for the most part people are allowed to do what they want on it. The big boy toys are abundant out here so you’ll see people all around the outskirts of town riding dirt bikes, quads, shooting guns, pre-runners even, all kinds of stuff. It’s great and a huge difference from what I experienced in San Diego and Colorado.
Old 10-19-2020, 10:36 AM   #76
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher Builds View Post
I really like all 3 of comp chassis’ I have running right now. They’re each a little different as the Sherpa is a rear portal and the gspeed is a 12.5” wb whereas the gc4.2 is a 12.3” but I enjoy driving each one since they all do pretty darn well.
I would think they would all be pretty closely matched, overall. I've watched all the videos you've posted and they certainly look to perform similarly.

I really like the Jeep body you're using on the G-Speed, it looks great on that rig. The proportions of the smallish cab seem to work quite well, aesthetically.

Cheers,
Gable
Old 10-20-2020, 06:45 AM   #77
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
It sure is a beautiful place, I enjoyed myself very much out there. Nevada has a lot of public land and for the most part people are allowed to do what they want on it. The big boy toys are abundant out here so you’ll see people all around the outskirts of town riding dirt bikes, quads, shooting guns, pre-runners even, all kinds of stuff. It’s great and a huge difference from what I experienced in San Diego and Colorado.
That's awesome! Cool that Nevada has left it to public land! That would be great to have all that access to great locations without the worry of getting kicked out or told "No R/C vehicles allowed"!

Here in Ohio, it seems like every inch of land is either privately owned or city owned and leaves very little options to get the rigs out to have some fun. Many of the State Parks here do not allow R/C vehicles on the property. I've been told to leave a few times. Luckily I have a little city owned park out in the boonies that is about 40 minutes away that I can go too. But that can get old quick running over the same trails and rocks!

Anyways, thanks for the answer and glad to hear you have great places to have tiny truck fun!

Looking forward to your next vid!
Old 10-21-2020, 07:08 AM   #78
Gold Star Baby!

A video from Logandale is up on the tube. Here it is for anyone that wants to check it out.

Dropping some photos below too

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcgab View Post
I would think they would all be pretty closely matched, overall. I've watched all the videos you've posted and they certainly look to perform similarly.

I really like the Jeep body you're using on the G-Speed, it looks great on that rig. The proportions of the smallish cab seem to work quite well, aesthetically.

Cheers,
Gable
Thanks Gable! I’m a real big fan of this body as well, may need to get a spare to keep around. The rigs definitely have similar capabilities, and I’m smiling when I drive any of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
That's awesome! Cool that Nevada has left it to public land! That would be great to have all that access to great locations without the worry of getting kicked out or told "No R/C vehicles allowed"!

Here in Ohio, it seems like every inch of land is either privately owned or city owned and leaves very little options to get the rigs out to have some fun. Many of the State Parks here do not allow R/C vehicles on the property. I've been told to leave a few times. Luckily I have a little city owned park out in the boonies that is about 40 minutes away that I can go too. But that can get old quick running over the same trails and rocks!

Anyways, thanks for the answer and glad to hear you have great places to have tiny truck fun!

Looking forward to your next vid!
That sounds a lot like what I experienced when I tried to RC in Colorado, a state park ranger got pretty uppity with me out there by red rocks amphitheater. I don’t get it but I’m sure glad Nevada isn’t like that. The worst I’ve seen happen here was getting kicked off of private land for a comp, which we didn’t know was private land at the time. The cops were super chill and suggested other places for us.
Attached Images

Old 10-21-2020, 09:55 PM   #79
RCC Addict

Quote:
kicked off of private land for a comp, which we didn’t know was private land at the time.
You’re probably pretty dialed in as far as spots go, but for the public land challenged (such as I find myself to be in western Oregon), OnX maps is a worthwhile invest in my opinion. Reasonable annual fee for your individual state map, and very impressive amount of data available for public and private lands, land ownership info, trails and so on.
twade984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 08:25 PM   #80
RCC Addict

Man that video is rad, starting to get into raining season here in the pnw and I’m itching to get down that way and do some wheeling.
Wish I would have been into crawlers when I lived in SoCal and only a 4 hour drive away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fricker08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Topher builds a TGH/G-Speed V3 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
topher builds a TRX10.2 Topher Builds Traxxas TRX-4 60 01-05-2021 07:59 PM
Topher Builds a SCX10.3 Topher Builds Axial SCX10 III 81 06-11-2020 02:23 PM
topher builds a Capra Topher Builds Axial Capra 100 03-16-2020 08:03 AM