Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: B-MOW's GSPEED TGH-V3 LCG Chassis Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2021, 09:50 AM   #1
Go Buckeyes!

Default B-MOW's GSPEED TGH-V3 LCG Chassis Build

Started a new GSpeed build a couple weeks ago. This was a build that I had planned on doing as a winter build last year, but life and other builds go in the way, so I put it off until now. Thanks to GSpeed offering a 30% deal on any item on their website I couldn't wait any longer. So now this will be my late winter/early spring build.

I've really been impressed with the build threads of the GSpeed rigs by some very talented builders here on RCC that I knew that I had to build one for myself. This build will be built with mainly spare new and used parts that have been collecting dust in my spare parts bins. I have a few take offs and other new parts that I've purchased over the past few years that will fit nicely on this chassis.

Since this will be my first LCG chassis, I will be learning along the way and make changes to it as needed to make it a great performer. I've taken countless notes from other great builds here and plan on using some of them to build this rig the best it can be and still keep it more on a budget level. I plan on getting more familiar with Fushion 360 and drawing up some items to be printed out on my 3D printer for this rig.

I do have the chassis built and mocked up with some of the items I plan to use. We'll start off with a look at what I have now.

This is the GSPEED Chassis Element or custom portal build- G10 material package deal. Also pictured is the GSPEED Chassis G-LD LayDown cms servo mount, GSPEED Chassis Square Spacers and GSPEED Chassis G-2S two screw body post holders. I had to choose the G10 material because the carbon fiber rails were out of stock. I plan on swapping the G10 out for the CF when they are available again.

Name:  IMG_5970.jpg
Views: 3862
Size:  179.4 KB

This is the VP trans out of my VS4-10 Origin. Last year I swapped out this trans in my Origin for the new VP VFD trans. Spins smooth as silk and will be a perfect fit!

Name:  IMG_5972.jpg
Views: 3638
Size:  146.0 KB

Here is a new set of SSD Diamond axles with SSD alum c-hubs that I purchased for another build that never got completed. I add the internal gears and shafts out of a new spare set of Axial axles that were also in the spare parts bin. The knuckles are off of my VS4-10 Origin. I had to do a bit of grinding and filing on the inside of them to get these to turn to full lock each way.

Name:  IMG_5973.jpg
Views: 4130
Size:  180.7 KB

And a set of Incision driveshafts that I picked up last year for spares. These are my favorite shafts to run and will be perfect for this rig.

Name:  IMG_5974.jpg
Views: 3617
Size:  152.3 KB

I'll have more to add later on. Thanks for looking!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2021, 10:07 AM   #2
Slow is the new Fast

Default Re: B-MOW's GSPEED TGH-V3 LCG Chassis Build

The VP trans, SSD diamond axle budget build. Can we swap parts bins? Lol

Lovin it already B!
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 11:12 AM   #3
RCC Addict

AAAAAALRITE! SUBSCRIBED! Popcorn is popped and ready.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
MaX-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 01:30 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Looks like the start of an EPIC build Brian!! I continue to be impressed by my build!!
Lashlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 01:57 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Definitely keeping on eye on this. I Like where it’s at already.
twade984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 03:41 PM   #6
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smog View Post
The VP trans, SSD diamond axle budget build. Can we swap parts bins? Lol

Lovin it already B!
Thanks smog! That's what happens when your a packrat and buy to much unneeded stuff! It's fun though and the the stuff usually ends up in a build somewhere down the line!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaX-D View Post
AAAAAALRITE! SUBSCRIBED! Popcorn is popped and ready.

Thanks MaX! I'm hoping this build will be popcorn worthy! I'm a noob at LCG rigs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lashlee View Post
Looks like the start of an EPIC build Brian!! I continue to be impressed by my build!!
Thanks Lashlee! I've been drooling over these GSpeed rigs for awhile now and can't wait to see what they are all about!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twade984 View Post
Definitely keeping on eye on this. I Like where it’s at already.
Thanks twade! I'm hoping that I'm headed in the right direction with it!
Old 03-17-2021, 04:55 PM   #7
Go Buckeyes!

Here's a few pics of it temporally put together. Very easy to build and Gabe at GSpeed has a YT video explaining exactly how to put this together once you unpack it. He explains the screw lengths to use and how to add the chassis spacers. Great info and worth watching!

I've got a set of Intheworks high-clearance links ordered for it, so I used a spare set of Element Enduro stock links to hold it all together. The old Savox servo came out of my 2.2 Wraith and is in it to just get a feel for how the steering will work. I only have a couple cheap Amazon 20kg servos in my stock, so I'm still trying to decide which way to go on the servo. I have used Reefs and 3Bros in the past, so I'll have to do some research and see which one will be the best fit.

For the shocks, I decided to steal the Dravtech shocks off of my VS4-10 PRO. I wasn't really happy with how they felt on there since it is a heavier rig. They got replaced with a spare set of Traxxas GTS shocks. They are more suited for that style of rig.

Still undecided on the motor, so I threw in a Reedy 5-slot for now. I'm fairly certain I will run a Hobbywing 1080 ESC in it paired with a Spektrum 5-channel receiver so that I can use my DX5C transmitter. I'll decide that later!

Also using Team KNK stainless screws to hold it all together. The wheels and tires are just for looks and are on there so the chassis is not sitting on the garage floor!

Name:  IMG_5971.jpg
Views: 3558
Size:  180.1 KB

Name:  IMG_5976.jpg
Views: 4005
Size:  181.1 KB

Name:  IMG_5977.jpg
Views: 3622
Size:  128.7 KB

Name:  IMG_5978.jpg
Views: 3592
Size:  159.8 KB

Name:  IMG_5979.jpg
Views: 4026
Size:  179.1 KB

Name:  IMG_5980.jpg
Views: 3459
Size:  169.7 KB

Name:  IMG_5981.jpg
Views: 3526
Size:  179.3 KB

Name:  IMG_5982.jpg
Views: 3637
Size:  180.7 KB

Name:  IMG_5983.jpg
Views: 4101
Size:  181.5 KB

All for now. More later!
Old 03-17-2021, 05:14 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Looking good man! Can’t wait to get my build started.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fricker08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 08:43 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Are those the Proline KM3s?

If yes, 4.19 or 4.75"?
mash914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 08:48 PM   #10
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fricker08 View Post
Looking good man! Can’t wait to get my build started.

Hey thanks! Yeah, can’t wait to see your G build!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 03-17-2021, 08:49 PM   #11
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mash914 View Post
Are those the Proline KM3s?

If yes, 4.19 or 4.75"?

Yes and they are the class 1 4.19”

Old 03-17-2021, 09:05 PM   #12
Go Buckeyes!

One more quick update. The Intheworks RC high-clearance links arrived and are installed. Excellent quality stainless steel links that come with rod ends. All installed great, but I did have to add a Jato rod end to one side of the rear upper links to get the driveshaft rotated up a bit so it wasn’t sitting below the links at the diff housing.

Also since I’m using the G-MP panhard mount, I had to turn the rod ends out on the panhard link to extend it. Once I pull the panhard link back off, I’ll get a measurement and probably add a Jato rod end on one end of it so that I can thread the rod ends all the way on.

Old 03-17-2021, 09:08 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
Yes and they are the class 1 4.19”
Thanks, I realize you're not keeping them on there, but they look good on those wheels.

I'm glad to hear you've had good luck with those driveshafts - I've been considering a set for my Enduro, but hadn't heard too much about the quality.
mash914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 09:25 PM   #14
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mash914 View Post
Thanks, I realize you're not keeping them on there, but they look good on those wheels.

I'm glad to hear you've had good luck with those driveshafts - I've been considering a set for my Enduro, but hadn't heard too much about the quality.

Yeah, I stole these wheels and tires off my GCM J2 Skeleton for mock up. My plan is to run a 4.75” tire or close to that size.

The Incision driveshafts are the best that I have ran. I have them on my VP VS4-10 Origin and PRO and have beat the hell out of them. All the pins are still tight and they are beefy! Well worth the money! I’ll eventually get a set put on my Enduro in the future.

Old 03-17-2021, 09:40 PM   #15
RCC Addict

Looking good man, I decided to go with hardcore links, but I’ve heard intheworks are nice quality. I think this thing is going to be a hill killer.. are those the short dravtechs?
I’m all about the 4.75” tires but those 4.19’s look like they belong right now.
I bought some trxus 4.5” to see how big of a difference there is from my flat irons.. which are fantastic on the slick river rock up here.

Fricker08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 09:41 PM   #16
Pebble Pounder

I am currently putting together a gspeed v3 chassis as well but with Capra axles. I picked up the high clearance intheworks link kit and noticed the same issue with the pan hard and the g-mp pan hard mount. To make my pan hard link work the way it needed to I did what you suggested and got a longer rod end on one end. I used a spare link for an traxxas rustler (probably the same ones as a Jato) I had laying around. They were a touch too long for my application but once I mocked up the pan hard I was able to measure the distance and cut the longer link down roughly 5mm or so to get it perfect. Like I said I am using Capra axles so yes different but I had the same issue and fixed just like you said.

Nice build so far! I will definitely keep watching as you progress.
TBuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 04:38 AM   #17
Rock Crawler

The intheworks links are 55$ kit... I certainly will start and sell link kits right now
themountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 05:24 AM   #18
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fricker08 View Post
Looking good man, I decided to go with hardcore links, but I’ve heard intheworks are nice quality. I think this thing is going to be a hill killer.. are those the short dravtechs?
I’m all about the 4.75” tires but those 4.19’s look like they belong right now.
I bought some trxus 4.5” to see how big of a difference there is from my flat irons.. which are fantastic on the slick river rock up here.

Thanks man!

My plan was to get a set of the Hardcore links, but at the time their website was down and I knew the wait time was long, so I checked out Intheworks. They must have had them in stock because I got them quicker that I thought I would.

Yes, they are the short 96mm Dravtechs. I also picked up a set of the Offset Shock Caps from Dluxfab just in case I need to shorten them more.

Yeah, I agree these tires and tire size do look good on here, but my plan is to run the 4.19's on a GSpeed V1-C1 chassis with my AR45 portal axles that I took off of my 10.3 JLU. That build is still in the planning stage and probably won't start until this fall. I'm thinking the bigger 4.5" or 4.75" tire size will suit these SSD Diamond axles better.

I've been thinking about picking up a set of the Trxus 4.5's or the new Trenchers. Here in Ohio we have slick mossy rocks probably similar to your terrain, so I've found that the Hyrax work pretty well, but not great. My OG Rock Beast have been my favorite tires to run out of all I have ran.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBuggy View Post
I am currently putting together a gspeed v3 chassis as well but with Capra axles. I picked up the high clearance intheworks link kit and noticed the same issue with the pan hard and the g-mp pan hard mount. To make my pan hard link work the way it needed to I did what you suggested and got a longer rod end on one end. I used a spare link for an traxxas rustler (probably the same ones as a Jato) I had laying around. They were a touch too long for my application but once I mocked up the pan hard I was able to measure the distance and cut the longer link down roughly 5mm or so to get it perfect. Like I said I am using Capra axles so yes different but I had the same issue and fixed just like you said.

Nice build so far! I will definitely keep watching as you progress.
Thanks TBuggy!

I thought about building a GSpeed V3 with Capra axles, but these axles seem to be very popular and hard to find. And I didn't want to steal them off of my Capra. Trying to keep it in one piece as long as I can!

The Intheworks panhard link that came in my set almost seems to be made for the TFR Alum Panhard Mount for the AR44 axles instead of the G-MP panhard mount. I did try the TFR panhard mount that came with my CF V3 kit and the link was almost the right length, but I didn't like that it limited the full compression with using the TFR mount and the SSD Diamond axles. By using the G-MP panhard mount I am able to get full compression without the links hitting the axle.

Yeah, I think I'll have to do the same for the panhard link. I figured once I get the total length of the panhard link, I can then cut down the Jato rod end if needed to get the correct length.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themountain View Post
The intheworks links are 55$ kit... I certainly will start and sell link kits right now
Yeah and Hardcore links are $60! That must be the going rate these days! If I had the equipment to make my own I definitely would!
Old 03-18-2021, 09:32 AM   #19
Go Buckeyes!

Package from GSpeed has arrived!

The carbon fiber V3 rails were back in stock so I quickly got them put in my cart. Since I didn't want to miss the chance of picking up another set of the CF rails in the future, I went ahead and added the GSPEED Chassis Carbon Fiber TGH-V3 deal to me cart. Also purchased another GSPEED Chassis G-MP multi platform panhard mount, TEAM GARAGE HACK Black Dual Servo Mount, GSPEED Chassis G-2S two screw body post holders in clear and GSPEED Chassis Square Spacers in clear. The CF TGH-V3 kit and accessories will be going in my VS4-10 Origin with VFD trans. That will be another build thread in the near future.

The extra set of CF rails I picked up I'll be using to swap out the G10 rails in this build I'm currently working on. These CF rails sure do look pretty! They have a nice shiny finish and are going to look awesome mounted up in place of the G10's!

I plan on using the G10 rails on my Element Enduro Sendero rig later on. I'll have updates to that build thread (B-MOW's Enduro Journey!) when I start on that chassis rail swap.

Name:  788E5960-C00E-441D-97A6-7AEC2A35CC1A.jpg
Views: 3203
Size:  178.5 KB

Hopefully if all goes well, I'll get these new CF rails installed tonight!
Old 03-18-2021, 11:00 AM   #20
RCC Addict

What is the weight difference between the carbon fiber rails and the G10?

MaX-D is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gspeed, gspeed-lcg

B-MOW's GSPEED TGH-V3 LCG Chassis Build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GSpeed G-6x6 TGH-V3 carbon fiber chassis SavageAF6x6 savageasflux Multi Axle Rigs 34 01-05-2022 11:20 PM
Gspeed/TGH/Enduro build for class 3 garyk 1.9 Scale Rigs 35 07-02-2021 01:17 PM