Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: c0bra’s C1 comp truck: The Orange Turd

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2023, 08:12 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default c0bra’s C1 comp truck: The Orange Turd

This thread is meant to document the changes of this truck for the end of the current season plus beginning of next.

So the truck was originally built about 2 years ago using a v1c1 chassis with trx4 axles due to ar45p axles being difficult or expensive to get. The rest of the build was a tgh fmm with a slipper and 56t spur, to a tgh transfer case. Shocks were 90? mm dravtechs. Wheels and tires: tgh wheels and proline hyrax’s. Electronics were castle copperhead, 2700kv trail master brushless, reefs 422v2 and a savox 2290 on a tgh dsm.

Body is a rc4wd Mojave with a marlin bed. The center of the bed was removed to save weight and replaced with thin styrene. I cut the hood off and used a bow house hinge kit for scale points as well as a gspeed roof rack and scaled fab roll bar. Front bumper is a wide tgh adjustable with rear being I believe an ierc. Also some sale items in the bed for more points. Interior is from rc4wd with snake eyes and lady jay driving.

Now onto how it did….
First comp it did…… well TERRIBLE. It left the start gate as soon as the front tires hit a rock, the slipper hated life.

By the next time out I installed a spacer for the slipper and it helped, but didn’t fix anything. That was the end of the first year with it…..

During the off season the truck underwent a bit of changes. First swapped the axels for a set of ar45p, also swapped the dravtechs for 10.3 takeoffs to remove the Carolina squat. Also swapped to a hobbywing 1080 and Holmes brushed motor.

Results:
First comp, started off fantastic but fell off due to a nut backing off. First course I was the only one with no penalties! Second course I wasn’t the best or worst. Third course I was doing ok until the issue. But still finished 3 out of 4 regardless

Second comp:
This one was another in between. Some gates were ridiculously tight, plus some driving errors. Finished 3rd again because I was too confident in the truck and went for a bonus that nobody made. Other guy who went for it finished right behind me. I noticed some issues though, basically the servo is glitching a little bit plus it could use a little more wheel speed.

So onto the changes!
First thing is I’m getting rid of the stock proline foams in favor of voodoo halos! Also will be switching to a Holmes tug buddy and shv650 among others

Pics from when it was first built:

I’ll post updated pics as changes happen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
c0bra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2023, 06:32 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: c0bra’s C1 comp truck: The Orange Turd

Thanks for sharing, look forward to seeing the updates.

twade984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2023, 04:36 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I'm assuming you saw the sale at Holmes hobbies?
Nice truck btw

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Steve g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 04:48 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Back on this truck now! With just over a week till a day at Rausch creek for shakedown I need to get this truck ready to go.

Finally received a replacement cab and bed for the truck as the hinged hood was starting to break, and figured replacing the cab would just make things way easier.

The new motor/esc are in the truck and were briefly tested as well as a tube to route the winch line.

More details to come when I post some pics of it

Old 04-03-2024, 09:41 AM   #5
Go Buckeyes!

Oh I must have missed this build the first time around.

Great looking V1-C1! It reminds me of mine. Can’t wait to see more!

B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 08:30 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
Oh I must have missed this build the first time around.

Great looking V1-C1! It reminds me of mine. Can’t wait to see more!

Both of them are definitely similar. I started building this one shortly after you started the thread for yours.

Finally was able to take some pics to show the changes it’s currently undergoing!

First off the truck has gotten a new identical body however this will NOT be getting a hinged hood as it wasn’t really useful for anything before when it had a dual servo mount in it, so now it’s even more useless.

I’ve also swapped out the stock proline foams for voodoo.

Truck is now running element shocks with ccw 4 hole pistons front, 5 hole rear with 50wt xtr oil. Shocks seem a bit short and may need to slightly stretch the wheelbase a little or figure out a longer rod end.

As for the front… well here’s most of the changes. Previously it was running the dual servo mount with both the servo and servo winch mounted up front, however that’s been swapped for a gspeed lay down mount with a Holmes shv650 and a tgh horn.

Motor and esc have also been swapped out for a crawl master v3 with a 1800kv Holmes snubnose revolver. Gearing is the same as it was before

The tug buddy servo winch has been moved to the slider and is mounted with redcat parts. Which caused the battery to now have to be mounted in the bed. Also because of the relocation there is now a 1/8 od brass tube to route the winch cable through the chassis.

Old 04-04-2024, 10:45 AM   #7

Hopefully you paint the new body orange. That was a great color!
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 04:51 AM   #8
RCC Addict

Well you’re in luck…. I did paint it orange.

It’s not fully done however I did run it at rousch and only real issue was lack of front weight. After brining it home I weighted the truck and found out 49% of the weight was up front!

So in an attempt to fix it , I relocated the servo winch back up front with a dual servo mount and ran it this past weekend at a local comp. The truck did very well, biggest issues with it were most likely caused by the person driving.

It’s not complete yet, still need to add leds to the truck and get some pics!

c0bra’s C1 comp truck: The Orange Turd - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
c0bra turns a trx4 into a hard body monster truck! c0bra Traxxas TRX-4 4 07-04-2020 09:02 AM
Orange County Comp #2- Mission Viejo 2/25/12 paystin Competitions 34 02-26-2012 11:24 AM
little turd chuckatruck 1.5 Scale Rigs 25 11-21-2010 12:32 PM
***1st time Airbrushing ANO ORANGE comp rig** Chaotic Crawlers Paint and Body 28 10-18-2008 05:27 PM