Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: c0bra’s MFab comanche conversion build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2024, 07:07 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default c0bra’s MFab comanche conversion build

I’m only putting this thread here because I don’t really know what chassis this will end of going on. I’m thinking a vs410 with aluminum f10t axles? But it may end up going cmax

Anyways onto the start of the build!

Now I know there are Comanche hard bodies available on eBay and Amazon however all the ones I have found have the cab and bed attached. Which the Comanches never came that way, and personally they just look kinda funny like that.

That’s where the Mfab conversion comes in! The conversion requires you to actually get a Cherokee body, in my case the Injora body on Amazon, and only use the front section of the body and part of the roof. The rest of the body is then 3d printed.

Side note: I am not sure if Mfab is still around as they don’t seem to be posting much if at all since 2018 unfortunately. Luckily I have had these files since they were still active…… it’s just taken me this long to finally decide to do it!

The parts in my case for anyone interested are printed in esun abs+ from a bambu p1s with 0.2mm layer height out of a 0.4 nozzle. Currently all of the parts are printed however I may reprint one of the bed side pieces as there was some warping.

Now that all of the parts are printed I have gotten some of the assembly done, mostly the 2 piece floor is glued together with a combination of ca glue and plastruct plastic weld. Also the 3 piece cab back is all attached.

I did start smoothing the inside of the bed to get rid of some extrusion issues. I don’t plan on going for a perfectly smooth bed, but I still want it to look right.

I also started applying some tamiya putty to start getting rid of layer lines.

Anyways this will probably be a bit of a slow build as I’m not planning on beating on this truck anytime soon as it will be mostly a shelf queen but will probably still end up getting some use eventually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
c0bra is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

c0bra’s MFab comanche conversion build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
c0bra’s Mojave xlwb build c0bra RC4WD Trail Finder 2 3 11-22-2021 12:13 PM
c0bra’s yd2 sx2 build c0bra Non Crawler RC's 11 07-11-2021 09:43 PM
c0bra’s tf2 lwb build! c0bra RC4WD Trail Finder 2 12 04-16-2019 08:51 AM
My final scale build MFab Bronco drtrydr2000 1.5 Scale Rigs 22 07-31-2018 01:17 PM