Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 2.2 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: 2.2 1/6 New bright f150

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2008, 11:18 AM   #41
Rock Crawler

I did a lil window shopping at target and found a string of batt opp tree lights. 18 leds on the string for 7$. The ones I found were blue tinted and there were also multi color ones. Not sure how brite they were tho???
I hope to be back minto the build soon here, I moved over this last weekend and still need to get my shop set up...Hopefully this weekend Ill find time to get things in order...
Lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2008, 10:18 PM   #42

nice frame. im building the new bright jeep jk. im going to use 1/2 inch square tubing. should i try to bend it or cut and weld.
mlane1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 10:52 PM   #43
Rock Crawler

If you have some spare material try a bend ,see hoe it goes. most tubeing will want to cave in,if you provide some support inside the tubeing it may work quite nice. I am close to settled into my new apt more room and a place to set up shop so my build will continue soon. I have done some yet to be documented work.... In time I need to organize my bench and find enough room to get back to building..
Old 11-18-2008, 09:18 PM   #44
Rock Crawler

Update time, in my spare time at work I have been busy. I managed to cobble up some leafs,shackels and mounts. They still need to be fitted correctly but hey. Building hardware for a chassi that is packed is a challenge. Enough gap time for pics...Bragging rights Im proud of how things look. Now to figure the shocks and get things set for a test...
Mind you this is a mock up nothing bolted to the chassi..I need to flip the front axle and get it clocked correctly. Lots of misc adjustments to make. I will get back to the bumpers when I find them...lol
Attached Images

Old 11-19-2008, 06:17 AM   #45
Pebble Pounder

very nice!!!I like that body
jgmmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 06:52 AM   #46
Quarry Creeper

Glad to see you back.

Looks like you found some machine time available, the parts look great.
Flip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 09:06 AM   #47
Rock Crawler

Today I have made some new front mount for the leafs and hope this will get the front more properly aligned...Pics tonight....
Old 11-19-2008, 10:37 AM   #48

Those wheels look alot better. That is some amazing work.
cvwindows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 11:22 AM   #49
Rock Crawler

Things are still in the mock up stage, I hope to get the suspension done by this weekend then move onto the driveline. I am thinking about useing the disrupter xfer case due to fitting reasons. I dont want to chew up the interior just to fit the motor and xfer case. Guess I should get it ordered up...
Old 11-19-2008, 09:07 PM   #50
Rock Crawler

Well I redid the front mounts and I like the improvements. My next step will be to start bolting the chassi together. I have ordered a disruptor xfercase. I chose this model for its size and input/ouput shaft locations. This xfercase will allow me to keep the interior as is withouthaveing to hack into it to make room for the motor. Over the next few dasys I will be doing a final fit and start bolting the chassis together. I will hold off on makeing things permanent untill i have the motor and driveline fitted also... Here are todays pics...
Attached Images

Old 11-20-2008, 06:57 AM   #51
RCC Addict

Looks awesome. Good tire choice as well, looks like a good scale build here. You gonna paint the body?

Justin
bigdodge88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 11:14 AM   #52
Rock Crawler

It may get a paintjob later in its lifeIt is molded in black styrene so I could just remove scratches and polish it... Today I started the assembly of the chassi. After lunch I should be able to pick up my order of nuts and bolts,seeing I bought out my lhs...They seem to only restock once a month so when there out I need to outsource. I should just buy bulk seeing I scratch build most of my r/c models...
Old 12-02-2008, 09:43 PM   #53
Rock Crawler

Well I recieved my xfer case and tit looks like a good fit. I hope to have a motor mount by the weekend ,that may be tough seeing my mill is tied up with real work lol...
I have yet to get the shocks mounted, another by the weekend hopefull.
I have taken a bit of a break to put together another comp rig. It is nice to get the mind off the scale stuff and have enough spare parts to whip up a comp rig.... I will post a pic or 2 of that also in the next day or 2....
Old 12-06-2008, 07:49 PM   #54
RCC Addict

one thing i see is the chassis isnt accurate in the front. you should be able to see it through the fender well. if you observe on real truck, you can see it when you look at the truck from the side. other than that, its purdy
danielk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 11:33 AM   #55
Rock Crawler

When I made the chassis I went by eye and followed the body as close as possible. I still wanted some room over the chassi for mounting othe things such as a servo and windch...I will get some pics up of my recent work and some pics of a future build sorta started already...
Old 12-08-2008, 08:02 PM   #56
Rock Crawler

Ok I have since recieved my disruptor xfer case and its a perfect fit...
Finding a place for the motor was a bit of a challenge.. The input and output shafts are paretty close together meaning both shafts need to angle away from each other. Given the space I had (with the help of a cooler in the backseat) I fit it in there. I am useing some universal I had laying around. I plan on running a 45t into a 4:1gru into the xfer case. I forget its gru 2.1 or 2:1.8i think. I plan on useing a Msonic supertruck 14.4 volt esc... I have a couple packs of 12 volt 850 mah nihms that right just right into the radio box..

In the box under the toolbox I have decided will be the radio box...The motor ended up needing a bit more room. The tool box will have subfloors to hold tolls but still cover the elec keeping them out of harms way..
The toolboxes will have there lids cut off and hinged and be fully functional..

Ok enough babble pics.....and a few teaser pics...
Attached Images

Old 12-08-2008, 08:24 PM   #57
Quarry Creeper

That thing looks huge.
thunder7845 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 09:14 PM   #58
Rock Crawler

16 .5 inch wb as it sits.. compared to the blazer which will be about 9.5.

I hope to get the shocks mounted over the next few days amd then start planning the chassi mounted steering... Things are comeing along a bit better now that I have my shop set up.. It will be nice to get the chssi and body mostly done so "i can start on the tubework . The lighting will be fun also...
Old 12-13-2008, 10:29 AM   #59
I wanna be Dave

I have that same body waiting for me to build. Just need my son to grow up a little (7 weeks right now) so i have a little more time to do stuff I want to and start on it and a few other projects. I like the way yours is turning out. I'll be making mine similar to this:http://www.4wheeloffroad.com/brandpa...ion/index.html
but I'll use 1 inch square tube for the frame and a few other bits and parts, like a nitro pede tranny as a transfer case and a 2 speed maxx tranny up front. I may even use lead acid batteries to power the beast.
Good luck with your build
Gula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 02:03 PM   #60
RCC Addict

That looks gret bro!!..MAn I wish there were more guys here with large scale rigs..It would be sweet to get tigether all the BIG BOYZ for a trail run..
AIPOHAKU is offline   Reply With Quote