Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 2.2 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Tamiya Bruiser restore log + seeking advice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2011, 09:44 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by cragv View Post
I'm back from a great camping holiday on Fraser Island where my brother's and my Losi MRC crawlers had quite a workout in the role of 'island bashing', battling darkness, rain, sand, creeks, big hills and all sorts of obstacles. Both our trucks are submersibly-waterproof and sport large capacity NiMH batteries and lights for night runs. Was a fantastic break and now I'm back I'm ready to continue with the Bruiser.

I just ordered a Turnigy 5200mAh 2S 30C Hard-Case LiPO battery pack and a suitable charger to match. Also on the way is a shopping list of items from HK that will allow me to experiment with various connectors and wiring configurations on the Bruiser.

I'd still love to hear from anyone regarding tires for the original Bruiser wheels. Please, if you're reading this and have any experience at all with suitable rubber for this truck, I'd really love to hear from you! Thanks
Any 2.2 size tire will fit on the stock Bruiser wheels.

Link to a rebuild thread I did on a Bruiser a few years back:

http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/sho...=Bruiser+58048

You might have to sign up to that board for the pictures to work.

Last edited by spankrjs; 10-25-2011 at 06:55 AM.
spankrjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2011, 08:25 PM   #22
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankrjs View Post
Any 2.2 size tire will fit on the stock Bruiser wheels.

Link to a rebuild thread I did on a Bruiser a few years back:

Spanks 58048 Bruiser Build - UPDATE Living Room Crawler - Scale 4x4 R/C Forums

You might have to sign up to that board for the pictures to work.
Thanks a lot for that. I have read right over that rebuild sometime back, it was super informative and interesting to see what you did. Looking forward to a finished product set of pics whenever that may be! Hope you got the glitches sorted out.

REALLY good to know that 2.2's in general will fit the Bruiser wheels. Thanks heaps for weighing in there. Cheers
cragv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 05:56 AM   #23
Pebble Pounder

Unfortunately, I have ended up canning this project after spending more than a few hundred dollars on parts and accessories in the early stages of the rebuild, only to find an issue with the chassis that would've required machining or replacement to address, meaning yet more expenditure. Because I didn't have any sentimental attachment to the Bruiser (hadn't heard of it until adulthood, even), letting it go in favour of putting the resources into my modern dedicated crawler seemed the prudent choice.

My apologies to those who have been watching the thread in anticipation of results - I wish I could have followed through! A fellow from interstate took everything off my hands a while back though (paying about what I'd spent in parts & getting the truck free) and was excited about continuing where I left off. If I end up getting a build thread or photos from him, I'll be sure to post links here! Thanks guys.
cragv is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3 speed transmission, bruiser, restoration, tamiya