Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 2.2 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: ☆ Apocalyptic H3 SUT ☆

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2012, 04:56 AM   #41
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: ☆ Apocalyptic H3 SUT ☆

I talked to Illeagle about the body its fully custom 2 bodies put together. I will have to find another one and do the same!

Anyway rigs looking good. Any updates?
mgputer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2012, 07:20 AM   #42
Fan of wheelspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgputer View Post
I talked to Illeagle about the body its fully custom 2 bodies put together. I will have to find another one and do the same!

Anyway rigs looking good. Any updates?
Yup, shes one of a kind. I snapped the passenger side of the body last night on the rocks. It caved a area in that is about 2 inches long. I snapped it back into place. glued it back up and started on the body work, again. Thats what I get for running a project truck without the sliders being done. Im going to work on them today.
Hoosierdady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:37 AM   #43
Fan of wheelspeed

So my kids and I took out the H3 and my Bronco on the 4th. We got ran off by lightening storms. One strike nailed a tree that was so closr to us while we were leaving that it threw a chunk of bark onto our windshield So yeah, Im glad my wife said it was time to go when she did. Either way, heres a couple pics my wife took. I just threw a Honcho bumper on the front of the H3 to help protect it some while Im driving. Looking like I'll have my front bumper in about 4 days give or take.

My oldest wanting a turn.

I started on my rock sliders yesterday. This is the first set of these that I've made so be nice.

Here's a mock up and the repaired side panel. It's not seeing anymore rocks until the sliders are done. I had about 3-4 cracks that ranged from 1/2" long to 3"s long that spider webbed up the rear door. One chunk stuck out about 3/8". Those have been glued sanded, painted, sanded, repeat, repeat....until I got this

Last edited by Hoosierdady; 07-06-2012 at 09:41 AM.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:01 PM   #44
Fan of wheelspeed

Im getting alot of clod stall on 2S 20c packs, to the point where it wont crawl at all. Im running a 15/56(i think) setup with a Novak 18.5t sensored paired with a MMP. My 3S packs run fine (same C rating) but still gets in a bind every now n then, but no complete stall. Do I need a higher c rating? Nothing gets hot btw. All temps are great even after a all out bash session/crawling. I dont want to change my gearing due to the wheel speed I want. Any ideas? ( I have searched BTW, I think I need a higher C rated battery, but Im not 100%)
Old 07-09-2012, 04:11 PM   #45
I wanna be Dave

Clod stall on a shafty?! Cogging possibly. The mah and c rating go hand in hand when speaking of the amperage output of a given pack. Unless you're using tiny packs, 1000mah20c packs for instance. But I'd be more inclined to try a new sensor cable and/or try and seat your current one into the mmp better, it can be tricky sometimes. Iirc the nocak 18.5 is removable whereas the ss 17.5 in my 1.9 is not.

Cool toy truck btw I too don't think much of the mesh on the bumper.
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 05:07 PM   #46
Fan of wheelspeed

Clod-Cog...not really sure what to call it. That was on a 5000mah 2s 20c Turnigy hardpack. The sensor cable is hardwired into the motor and cant be changed out easily if at all. Basically, when I started to climb I could hold full throttle and it just ran out of juice. Just like as if the battery drained completely. I know the battery's good because I use it in my Slash and it works just fine in it. When I went to the 3S I didnt have the issue anymore. Just a couple of times when it was in a tough bind that I had to let off and hit it again. Then the truck walked right up with no problem. Ive had the sensor wire come undone before, and it acts nothing like it did then. I have my MMP set on "Autosense" timing btw.

edit-after searching cogging, I found that it could be my sensor board inside the motor, or a heavy ass rig that needs to be geared down a tad.

Last edited by Hoosierdady; 07-09-2012 at 05:37 PM.
Old 07-09-2012, 05:40 PM   #47
RCC Addict

Clod stall is when you have two moa axles and one motor stalls before the other. What your referring to is just plain STALL. You get into a bind and the motor wont turn so it stalls right? I dont think its your battery unless its in very poor condition or on the end of its life. That 5000mah 20c pack will actually supply 100amps which is plenty. Unfortunately I would have to look toward the gearing you are running. I would imagine the truck is pretty fast even on the 2 cell. You should throw a bigger spur gear on it and see if you get the same stall. If not you are going to have to run the 3 cell lipo's go get the best of both worlds like you are wanting.

On another note.. the sliders look great and should keep that body from getting hammered. I had a feeling it would be pretty fragile but any abs body will break with the right hit. Keep up the good work man I really dig it.
Illeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 05:56 PM   #48
Fan of wheelspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illeagle View Post
Unfortunately I would have to look toward the gearing you are running. I would imagine the truck is pretty fast even on the 2 cell. You should throw a bigger spur gear on it and see if you get the same stall. If not you are going to have to run the 3 cell lipo's go get the best of both worlds like you are wanting.

On another note.. the sliders look great and should keep that body from getting hammered. I had a feeling it would be pretty fragile but any abs body will break with the right hit. Keep up the good work man I really dig it.
Thats the next plan of action, gearing. I didnt have this problem before I put on the sliders. They're beefy and a little on the heavy side (I drive it like I stole it when Im not on the rocks) I may try a bigger spur gear. I love it on 3S. Its fast, plenty of wheel speed and it still crawls VERY well. If that fails, sensor board.

As for the rest, thanks man. If you would've seen the chunk I blew out before I started my sliders you would've been hurt to see all that work gone to sh!t. Needless to say lesson learned. No crawling without rocksliders. These work great. No hanging, and the body hinges perfectly. The only issue I have for now (until I try the front bumper on) is trying to figure out a way to protect the upper cab corner on roll overs and pavement slides. For now, touch up paint does the trick when it comes to keeping it looking nice. Im looking for a piece of SS tubing to make a diesel stack out of now. Not having much luck unfortunately. I need like 4" of it, maybe 5/8 or less in Dia. without spending $15 for it. Either way, thanks for the info and compliments.
Old 07-14-2012, 07:46 AM   #49
Fan of wheelspeed

My bumper showed up yesterday. Now to rebuild it so I can use it. This thing weighs a scale ton.

These mounts were suppose to be at the bottom of the bumper, and there was suppose to be d-ring mounts as well.

Unfortunately I have to cut the mounts and winch plate back off and redo the work. I also started to trim some weight off this thing.

I got the winch plate done last night and got the welds cleaned up. Once again, trimmed some un-needed weight off.

For tommorrow, weld up the mounting tabs, drill and tap my holes and start working on some d-ring mounts.

Last edited by Hoosierdady; 07-14-2012 at 08:24 AM.
Old 07-14-2012, 09:29 AM   #50
I wanna be Dave

Rig is looking good. Really like the bumper.
Old 07-14-2012, 09:49 AM   #51
Fan of wheelspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgputer View Post
Rig is looking good. Really like the bumper.
Thanks. It's got a long way to go to get it to resemble this.
Old 07-15-2012, 06:56 AM   #52
I wanna be Dave

Wow that is a sweet looking bumper! It should be completely bad ass on there!!
Old 07-16-2012, 11:55 AM   #53
Fan of wheelspeed

Well, after a long night of work, I got the bumper done. I cant get it to look exactly like the 1:1, but it looks good enough for someone with as little metal background as I have. I used a thin cutoff wheel to make the recessed areas that you see, and drilled the holes for my LEDs.

I used some of the trimmings to make some d-ring brackets and painted it black.

Here she is after mounting the 9300xt RC4wd Bulldog winch. This is being controlled with a HeyOk winch controller. (Great product, great vendor btw I highly recomend his electronics)

And a shot after the bumper has gone through a makeover and been mounted. Ive tested it on the rocks, its very strong and held its own just fine. Im not sure how much weight Ive shaved off of it, but its enough to notice a difference. Either way, Im one step closer to calling this one done.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:44 AM   #54
Fan of wheelspeed

I took some video on my backyard course. Hope you enjoy.

Old 07-20-2012, 08:56 AM   #55
Quarry Creeper

This is bad ass build!
JustinM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:22 AM   #56
Fan of wheelspeed

Thanks. Ive had fun building it so far. Ive got alot of little details to work out yet, mainly lighting. But Bill at billscustomrclighting.com is hooking me up. Great outfit for LEDs.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:43 AM   #57
Quarry Creeper

Nice I've been looking for some LEDs,Thanks for the site.
JustinM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 01:13 PM   #58
Fan of wheelspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinM View Post
Nice I've been looking for some LEDs,Thanks for the site.
No problem man. Bill does excellent work and his prices are great too.
Old 08-01-2012, 04:04 PM   #59
RCC Addict

This build sucks. You should just put it in a box and send it to me. LMAO

Looks awesome man. Like that front grill. Want to make me one? Lol
Even like the radiator in the back. Nice touch.
shwng1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:31 PM   #60
RCC Addict

You did an awesome job with it man. Makes me wish I didnt sell that body! Are you going to wire up leds in the rpm light bar? I think it needs them. Keep up the great work I really enjoyed seeing it on the video.
Illeagle is offline   Reply With Quote

☆ Apocalyptic H3 SUT ☆ - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Apocalyptic summit- FEAR IT! ( fun-build challenge) Mdlopez1 General Crawlers 16 10-13-2011 11:15 AM
Sut colin1986 Axial SCX-10 8 05-30-2011 05:51 PM
hummer h2 sut colin1986 1.9 Scale Rigs 18 01-16-2011 03:37 AM
FJ SUT rebuild..... TattooKenny 1.9 Scale Rigs 42 08-16-2009 08:32 PM
My FJ SUT dirk379 1.9 Scale Rigs 12 06-04-2008 09:13 PM