Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 2.2 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Rods JK single cab Truggy build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2013, 11:20 PM   #41
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Rods JK single cab Truggy build

This build is coming out amazing. Very clean tube work. The front bumper is great...and the axles are tasty treat to finish with.
Desert Rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2013, 12:14 AM   #42
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Rc View Post
This build is coming out amazing. Very clean tube work. The front bumper is great...and the axles are tasty treat to finish with.
Thanks I appreciate the kind words , I had it out today for a shake down and it was a real performer nice low down weight it side hilled like mad and is perfectly balanced. Weight wise . Will be working on some scale items now ,a driver , fuel tank , a jack all and few other goodies . Decided no spare tire carrier for now for weight issues, and I do pefer the clean tube truggy look . Also waiting on some mayhem engineering 2.2 slamerz those should finish the look off. Was thinking of painting the door handles , door hinges and hood latches but cant decide what colour maybe gloss black ? Any suggestions anyone
Rodamis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:50 AM   #43
Rock Crawler

Heres a couple of pics on the shake down i am going to try and get some video of this thing after work today with the go pro

thats all for now more pics and video soon
Old 08-01-2013, 09:51 PM   #44
Rock Crawler

Well still no video on this rig . But I have been hammering on it . The 35 hand wound tekin and fxr are holding up so far but it is geared pretty light sometimes the motor gets warm but thats after a really good beat down doing some hill climbing . Changes the rims over to some mayhem 2.2 slammers .they look good but I dont like putting the tsl's on these rims wish they would just make a normal bead for their tires ........ on too the pics

Old 08-01-2013, 09:56 PM   #45
Rock Crawler

Old 08-01-2013, 11:04 PM   #46

first awesome truck. it looks like your pinions are pointing at the ground or is it just the design of the axel?
mudhog007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:01 AM   #47
Rock Crawler

Those are the currie rock jock axles from vp .pieces of art and tough as hell there all loaded with goodies too. Running gear is pretty tough too so not scared to beat on it like a rental . One thing I keep blowing beads
Old 08-02-2013, 10:26 AM   #48
Rock Crawler

Heres a few more pics I found on my phone last night

Old 08-02-2013, 01:52 PM   #49
Quarry Creeper

The jeep turned out nice. Have any pics of the bronco/scout in the background?
1tonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 04:43 PM   #50
Rock Crawler

thing looks awesome
kakachille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 06:28 PM   #51
RCC Addict

Wow!! That looks Beast brother that Jeep truggy turned out awesome. It reminds me of mine and now I'm kind of regretting I sold it but you just gave me my push to build another one with my curries...Thanks.....
muddywaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 04:39 PM   #52
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1tonscout View Post
The jeep turned out nice. Have any pics of the bronco/scout in the background?
No I dont have any pics of it , the bronco is just a scx10 honcho with a tamiya bronco body on it the links werent shortened or any thing or the frame so it looks pretty funny. My buddy isnt a modder like I am so it will stay the way it is lol cause im not gonna mod his shit for him .
Old 08-03-2013, 11:30 PM   #53

how are those g transition shocks in the drooped set up? and why did you mount the shocks upside down, looks, spacing?
mudhog007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 01:10 AM   #54
Rock Crawler

Well I like them but I need a stronger spring on the 30 side they are a 70 droop 30 sprung . Its heavier and compresses the 30 pretty easy . I run them upside down because it keeps the shock leakage to a minimal . If I sprung this truck I think that it wouldnt perform nearly as good as it does now . Tire foams are my next upgrade on this rig ill go with some c.i. foams i am running the pit bull 2.2 comp foams and the rig is just too heavy for them so saving some cash to make an order of 2.2 foams and some 1.9s for some other projects .
Old 08-04-2013, 04:45 AM   #55
Quarry Creeper

Hey Rodamis! B. Since the first time I saw your rig I loved it! Appearance , axles, cage body all looks so scale and clean and beautiful! Now I also learn it does perform well and I would like to ask you to tell me little bit more about how the scx10 axles work with 2.2 wheels (specially with the pitbulls that are pretty bigger than the PL shown in the pics) in terms of articulation, clearance with body, and overall balance of the rig.... I only have a well build wraith but would like to build an scx10 base rig looking scale but simple and specially performant....thus why asking to you as ur rig did inspire me!!!
Thanks a lot for any inputs and suggestions!

Regards from Italy!

PS by the way what typical sort of run so you do? Is it good also at crawling?

- slim -
slimfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 04:16 PM   #56
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimfire View Post
Hey Rodamis! B. Since the first time I saw your rig I loved it! Appearance , axles, cage body all looks so scale and clean and beautiful! Now I also learn it does perform well and I would like to ask you to tell me little bit more about how the scx10 axles work with 2.2 wheels (specially with the pitbulls that are pretty bigger than the PL shown in the pics) in terms of articulation, clearance with body, and overall balance of the rig.... I only have a well build wraith but would like to build an scx10 base rig looking scale but simple and specially performant....thus why asking to you as ur rig did inspire me!!!
Thanks a lot for any inputs and suggestions!

Regards from Italy!

PS by the way what typical sort of run so you do? Is it good also at crawling?

- slim -
Well it crawls very well it has a wider stance because of the rims and offset that I am using . If your using plastic scx10 axles for a build with 2.2s some beef tubes up front are a good idea . I think I could run those pit bulls on this rig and not have any clearance issues . And as for the stock axles they are tough with a few mods and cheap if you do breaK them they are cheap to replace cases wise . I wont be buying another set of currie axles they are pretty sick but pricey . Tough as hell . Im just moving away from 2.2 rigs and into the more scale 1.9s .im gonna buy one of those 2 door jeep jk china bodies and do another jeep but a scaler done out
Old 09-06-2013, 12:22 AM   #57
Rock Crawler

Finally got some video for this rig . love it everyone that sees it run with their rigs asks me how i got it to work so well here ya go thanks for looking
Jk brute truggy - YouTube
Old 10-07-2013, 01:22 PM   #58

looks great!
jeepmann is offline   Reply With Quote

Rods JK single cab Truggy build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Volkswagen T3 syncro single cab stef91 1.9 Scale Rigs 28 07-20-2012 02:19 AM
My Hilux single cab long bed build specgie Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 13 08-30-2011 11:02 AM
Nissan single cab build. kmnss 2.2 Scale Rigs 18 09-22-2009 11:51 AM
another JConcepts single cab sierradmax Paint and Body 2 08-28-2008 06:45 PM