Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 2.2 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Bowlderer build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2017, 05:28 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Bowlderer build

Evening all

Iv recently completed a twin hammers build and found it enjoyable and inspiring ,
So much so it's ignited the passion I had for a scratch build I started and had to moth ball because of "commitments " :(
But now I have a lot more time
So here it is a bowler that's can crawl boulders lol hence the name ;)
Reference iv collected along the way are below , b
It's going to be tuber obviously , a hard shell d90 cut and chopped to resemble the bowler body with crawling taking the lead but it will still be capable of decent speed
The drivetrain is up in the air still and this is where your expertise come in,
I need advice on what will work , iv got a hardcore short corse axle but looking at it now I think it'll look a bit rediculous and totally out of scale I initially brought for this project and wanted to purchase the traxxas slash aluminium upgraded ifs too
Here the body so far ,
I know it looks rough but I haven't touched it in about 4 yrs lol i have chopped it already lowering the roof to make it look more mean
Still lots to do !
So that's the plan any ideas please feel free to chip in
The questions I need answering the most is :-
Will a curries axle diff ratio be similar or made to work with any front diff from another vehicle i.e. Slash 4x4 ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
willyg1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Bowlderer build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
JackedDriver's R1 Build (non-specific purpose / just wanted a good build) JackedDriver G-Made Crawlers 12 01-12-2016 07:59 PM
scx10 G6 2.2 Wroncho/Wrangler Build (AKA The Sleeping On The Couch Build) Irishchamp 2.2 Scale Rigs 45 10-09-2014 10:26 PM
Jeep scaler build and comp micro crawler build droopmodmrc Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 1 12-25-2012 12:34 PM
~53 Willys 2010 Comp Rig Build~ RC4WD MOA Worminator Build~ 53 willys General Crawlers 108 11-28-2011 12:42 AM
RcBros LCC Build, Hi-Res pics & More Build!! RcBro Team Losi Comp Crawler 30 06-03-2009 07:26 PM