Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 2.2 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Axial Deadbolt AX10 build!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2021, 01:13 PM   #1

Default Axial Deadbolt AX10 build!

Hey all, this is a build thread on my old Axial Deadbolt. I will get pictures as soon as possible, but I will tell you what I currently have.

I am running some old shocks (120 mm in the back and 100 in the front, I believe) that I found in a parts bin a while back. There are mounted on some shock heys I found in the same bin that even out the front and rear due to the different shock sizes.

I am running an AE5 ESC since the stock AE2 died.

I am also running a 21t titan since the stock 20 turn motor died.

I am running the stock maxxis trepadors and racelines, and I threw in an old 20kg servo from my scx10 when I got a savox for it
Stock receiver, and axles, divelines, etc are all still stock.
DeadBolt987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2021, 01:18 PM   #2

Default Re: Axial Deadbolt AX10 build!

I bought the first upgrades earlier today, and they are:

Holmes Hobbies Crawlmaster Sport 8t 550, a 32p pinion gear set, Robinson Racing 58t 32p spur gear, and a vanquish transmission gear set. Finally, ALL METAL! About 80 bucks total, 2/3 of my current build budget.

I should mention I am mostly going for speed, and not really crawling, but I would still like to be able to do trails and some techy stuff.

Also, the reason I went all big time with gearing is because I recently got my first 3s, an upgrade from my 2s, and within 10 minutes of turning on my rig, I shredded my gears. 3s power!

Last edited by DeadBolt987; 04-21-2021 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Important detail forgotten!
Old 05-11-2021, 04:41 PM   #3

Sorry I have not posted updates, because A LOT has happened.

First off, everything got here! I broke in the motor, threw together the new transmission, and ran it. Gear ratio was too low (4.8:1), so I bought an 11t 32 pitch robinson racing hardened pinion gear, and threw it in the transmission. Much louder, but speed control is great, wheelspeed is still good, and no overheating! Also, I will not ever need to worry about my transmission anymore!

Next, I put in some 100mm king shocks and greased up all my gears and lubricated my bearings.

Then I put a savox waterproof and an aluminum steering horn in. I also put a glitch buster in the receiver, and I also had to put a tactic transmitter and receiver system in, because the stock system died.

A couple of days ago, my old ae5 died on me. SO I got a quicrun 1080 from hobbywing (my go-to esc) in today, and ran it around. Speed control was phenomenal, and and the 7.4 volt programming option for the servo allowed me to maximize my servo's performance. Tomorrow I will tidy up wires and waterproof my receiver.

If everything works out, I am hoping to head up to the mountains and do a couple run videos, which I will leave a link to.

Thats it for now, The next upgrade will be axle gears.
Old 05-12-2021, 06:50 PM   #4

Ripsaws are one, the stock hubs were plastic, and had shattered. So I looted some aluminum hubs off of some 1.9 beadlocks I had sitting around and put them on the ripsaws. I am trying to find the best place to put the power button from my esc on the rig.

Also, I need some opinions.

What tires should I eventually go with? I know I will be getting some 2.2 injora beadlocks eventually, and will get some 1 stage foams from proline, but What tires should I get? (I am looking at the 2.2 g8 compound hyrax)

Thanks!

Axial Deadbolt AX10 build! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My ax10 deadbolt build Nalleywhacker Axial AX10 2nd-gen 26 04-11-2016 05:48 PM
axial ax10 deadbolt crawlernoobie209 Newbie General 4 07-16-2014 08:50 AM
Axial AX10 Deadbolt Lentsnh2012 General Crawlers 4 10-29-2013 12:10 PM