Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Outside the US > Australia

Notices

Thread: Australia

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2011, 12:20 AM   #201
Try to Bend it

Hey dude welcome, Check out www.crawlanz.com for your local comp scene, the boys over there have a comp coming up on the 20th of march at Hassan's Wall.
Highlucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2011, 10:20 PM   #202
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlucks View Post
Hey dude welcome, Check out www.crawlanz.com for your local comp scene, the boys over there have a comp coming up on the 20th of march at Hassan's Wall.
yeah thanks i will enter if i can fix my hsp and get my venom in time
talisandayla1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 11:12 PM   #203
Quarry Creeper

Awesome, another Vemon in the ranks
Badmuthatrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 11:55 PM   #204
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badmuthatrucker View Post
Awesome, another Vemon in the ranks
thanks
too bad it wont be able to compete in that comp i found out my venom would take 3 weeks to get here any i wont be able to buy it till the 13th :(
and to make thing worse the place i get my hsp parts for dont have the servo or esc untill april so im just going to watch this found
Old 03-07-2011, 02:46 PM   #205

Hey guys I'm from Townsville NQLD, havnt got a cawler yet as I don't no wat to get
Been looking at a 1/10 RTR here in toyWorld but it doesn't come with anythink only a rolling chassie
Just need some input on wat you guys think would be a good over all cawler
I've seen pics of "truggys" with a hilux body on google images, they look awesome

So I'm new to the cawler world but really want one

Noob needing help feel free to pm me or post
toyotahilux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 03:23 AM   #206

Hi guys, first post here so I thought I may as well put it in the Aussie thread. I've been running a Venom Creeper since November last year. Here's a pic from when it was still all shiny and new...

Its got a few more dents and scratches on it since then, and some new aftermarket tires too!
I don't know how big the crawling scene is here in South Oz, me and a mate usually just crawl up and down the creek thats in my backyard here. I've had quite a bit of fun with it. I've tried racing 1/8th gas buggies and 1/10 electrics but this is more my style. No stress, no pitstops, no lap counting, just a nice casual walk through the bush having a look at where you can get to.

and I've even worked out how to hold a beer and the Tx in one hand!

C8
Cuban Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:17 PM   #207
Try to Bend it

Way to go mate, welcome to RCC. I have seen a few blokes from S.A. pop up on here.
Old 03-13-2011, 11:40 PM   #208
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuban Eight View Post
Hi guys, first post here so I thought I may as well put it in the Aussie thread. I've been running a Venom Creeper since November last year. Here's a pic from when it was still all shiny and new...

Its got a few more dents and scratches on it since then, and some new aftermarket tires too!
I don't know how big the crawling scene is here in South Oz, me and a mate usually just crawl up and down the creek thats in my backyard here. I've had quite a bit of fun with it. I've tried racing 1/8th gas buggies and 1/10 electrics but this is more my style. No stress, no pitstops, no lap counting, just a nice casual walk through the bush having a look at where you can get to.

and I've even worked out how to hold a beer and the Tx in one hand!

C8
nice venom
Old 04-05-2011, 07:19 PM   #209

Hey, I'm from Williamstown, Melbourne. I dont have a truck yet, but I should have an AX-10 RTC comming very shortly. I'm looking for somewhere better to buy from than RRP hobby, because the shipping is killing me, but I haven't found anything so far.
Makron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:30 PM   #210
RCC Addict

I have found that amain hobbies is the best for shipping prices. They offer some sort of discount system from what I can work out, the more you buy the bigger the discount. Often where it will be $30 shipping somewhere else it's $15 on amain. Another option is liquid rc. $1 shipping on everything, but their prices are a little higher to compensate for that. Otherwise try the smaller retailers, generally they are more honest/accurate in their shipping prices.

Have fun with you RTC
Kieren
Aussie Nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:09 PM   #211

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Nerd View Post
I have found that amain hobbies is the best for shipping prices. They offer some sort of discount system from what I can work out, the more you buy the bigger the discount. Often where it will be $30 shipping somewhere else it's $15 on amain. Another option is liquid rc. $1 shipping on everything, but their prices are a little higher to compensate for that. Otherwise try the smaller retailers, generally they are more honest/accurate in their shipping prices.

Have fun with you RTC
Kieren
Thanks alot for those places. I thought Liquid RC's $1 shipping was only to america. But that will be handy when I need to purchase or replace something small. I've decided to go with RPP for my first order.
Makron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 11:36 PM   #212
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyotahilux View Post
Hey guys I'm from Townsville NQLD, havnt got a cawler yet as I don't no wat to get
Been looking at a 1/10 RTR here in toyWorld but it doesn't come with anythink only a rolling chassie
Just need some input on wat you guys think would be a good over all cawler
I've seen pics of "truggys" with a hilux body on google images, they look awesome

So I'm new to the cawler world but really want one

Noob needing help feel free to pm me or post
i think go for the safari creeper by venom from cckc in the states but buy new shafts for it
Old 05-09-2011, 01:29 AM   #213
Quarry Creeper

Who here has found any set-ups that seems to work well in Australia? Most of the advice on here is US based, and as far as things like foams and tyres go, has anyone found anything that works well down under?
Mides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 12:01 AM   #214
Try to Bend it

Tyres and foams you dont get much better advice than what Eddie at Crawler innovations gives.

This question would be better asked on cANZ in the general tech section. Some people will not want to give up their secrets but others will. There is a boss claws foam tuning thread there too. That you might like to look at.
Old 05-11-2011, 07:17 AM   #215
Quarry Creeper

I'm already on CANZ, but I thought other people might respond on here too.

I have heard about Eddie from Crawler innovations on here. I will definitely be using his expertise when I get round to getting some new foams.

I didn't know that foam set-ups were something people keep secret. I guess I will too from now on in case I stumble across the perfect combination!
Old 05-11-2011, 07:18 AM   #216
Quarry Creeper

Also, who is competing in the National Championships this year?
Old 05-12-2011, 02:24 AM   #217
Try to Bend it

Some people keep a lot about their builds secret. Take Gatekeeper ( 3 time world champ) for instance. I dont think there has been a build thread of his since 2008-2009.

I will be at Nats. Making the flight over on the Thursday before the comp then hitting up Maroubra on friday for practice.

Last edited by Highlucks; 05-12-2011 at 02:27 AM.
Old 05-14-2011, 09:03 PM   #218
Quarry Creeper

I'll be there too. Send me a PM on the Thursday before practice and If I am free I will come down.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:56 PM   #219
Try to Bend it

Will do mate.
Old 05-30-2011, 04:32 AM   #220
RCC Addict

Can anyone get onto Canz? It just won't load for me.

Kieren
Aussie Nerd is offline   Reply With Quote