Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Dig anyone??? Its Here!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2008, 09:00 AM   #181
Quarry Creeper

Anyway, are the vendors prepared for a spike in radio sales...surely some of you will be needing a 3rd channel to run this DIG.
Flatcrawlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2008, 09:06 AM   #182

Quote:
huh??.... drill??... you would just turn the skid 180°....
Uhh that would be much easier. Way to burst my bubble this morning.
MoreGooderTec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 09:25 AM   #183
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreGooderTec View Post
Uhh that would be much easier. Way to burst my bubble this morning.
lol... its all good...
HauntFreaks.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 10:25 AM   #184
Rock Stacker

Cool

[quote=grommit327;1060898]I was thinking the same thing

Your all nuts! just flipp the motor wires and the channel for your steering servo and use your channel flipping switch on your radio, Now the rear becomes the front with out all this drilling and S#&T!! Of course we will need to move the battery and eletrics around to keep the same COG but OH! Well to have this DIG in my rig It's worth it!!!!
ax10crawler426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 10:41 AM   #185
RCC Addict

This is like Xmas in Feb. Sweet
djjiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 10:42 AM   #186
Rock Stacker

I NO this is a big problem!!! You are going to run into problems with the motor wires being reversed polarity and all, This is not the way to go after all. I was thinking to make your front your rear there is alot more to it that that.....you are going to have to swap everything around to make this work, the axles and tranny need to fliped around to do this right its going to take alot unless we are missing something with the design we dont know yet.....maybe the new dig work differantly than we thought..........Thats All........
Old 02-20-2008, 10:46 AM   #187
RCC Addict

Will there be a bearing available where the bushing is? That is my biggest complaint on the R2, wearing out the bushings.
BlueMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 10:48 AM   #188
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ax10crawler426 View Post
I NO this is a big problem!!! You are going to run into problems with the motor wires being reversed polarity and all, This is not the way to go after all. I was thinking to make your front your rear there is alot more to it that that.....you are going to have to swap everything around to make this work, the axles and tranny need to fliped around to do this right its going to take alot unless we are missing something with the design we dont know yet.....maybe the new dig work differantly than we thought..........Thats All........
Most brushed motors and any brushless motor will run perfectly fine wired backwards. Just rotate the plate 180* and reverse the motor wires, done.
BlueMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 10:55 AM   #189
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
We will be including detailed instructions on what to do to make this work for your AX-10. Not to fret, this has already been run this way on a stock Scorpion with no issues.

Don
VF
billet works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 10:59 AM   #190
Rock Stacker

COOL!!! Thanks Don....This sure is making us put on our thinking caps......Glad you stepped in....I was out of control.....
Old 02-20-2008, 11:00 AM   #191
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMonster View Post
Will there be a bearing available where the bushing is? That is my biggest complaint on the R2, wearing out the bushings.
I was thinking the same thing... but then realized that it might have to be a bushing because the shaft might have to move in and out of the case to shift... if it doesnt have to move and just spin, a bearing would work better
HauntFreaks.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 11:01 AM   #192
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMonster View Post
We are still looking into the bushing/bearing thing. The problem is bearings are not made to support lateral movement like bushings. Already to help wear we have increased the bushing size to .250 ID x .375 OD x .250 OL which is a pretty hefty bushing.

Don
VF
Old 02-20-2008, 11:15 AM   #193
Rock Stacker

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by billet works View Post
We will be including detailed instructions on what to do to make this work for your AX-10. Not to fret, this has already been run this way on a stock Scorpion with no issues.

Don
VF

Don, How bout some pics with this in the test truck?????? I...(we) all like PICS........It's just easier to see the fix than to read the fix
Old 02-20-2008, 11:23 AM   #194
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Don, How bout some pics with this in the test truck?????? I...(we) all like PICS........It's just easier to see the fix than to read the fix
Patience my son, patience. We will have a ton of pics revealing all the answers soon enough.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:28 AM   #195
Rock Stacker

Once again, Thanks Don VF!!!!!!!! My...(our) Hero......
Old 02-20-2008, 12:43 PM   #196
Rock Stacker

Exclamation

Ok! this maybe a newbie ? but nothing spacific in my many searches, My drive shaft yoke hit my spur gear........If I use what Axial says to use a 96t spur and a 10t pinion, So whats up:?
Old 02-20-2008, 12:59 PM   #197
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
Ok! this maybe a newbie ? but nothing spacific in my many searches, My drive shaft yoke hit my spur gear........If I use what Axial says to use a 96t spur and a 10t pinion, So whats up:?
This has what to do with Visionary Fabs product?
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 01:03 PM   #198
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post
This has what to do with Visionary Fabs product?
Absolutely nothing.
Flatcrawlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 01:22 PM   #199
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by billet works View Post
We are still looking into the bushing/bearing thing. The problem is bearings are not made to support lateral movement like bushings. Already to help wear we have increased the bushing size to .250 ID x .375 OD x .250 OL which is a pretty hefty bushing.

Don
VF
Is it possible to maybe machine bushings out a delrin? or would that wear faster?
HITMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 01:49 PM   #200
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxmhero View Post
Is it possible to maybe machine bushings out a delrin? or would that wear faster?
Possible yes, and it has been considered...we have to keep everything in mind through all this and need to make sure everything is cost effective or be well worth the added time/cost. Already we are adding a servo mount and all mounting/linkage hardware to the kit, treating the wear parts to extend life, and a few other tricks...gotta draw the line somewhere.

Don
VF