Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: HBZ Warthog + ARTR AX10 1 Night build.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2008, 03:38 PM   #61
Im Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Thunder View Post
nm..just read it did 2nd...killer!
Thanks! Im really enjoying this rig. Its amazing what an almost stock AX10 can do

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreepyCrawl View Post
Yes, and I was going to lightly sand them as well, but they were so clean already that I just wiped them down with a bit of motor spray, then sealed the edges with thin CA. I would highly recommend doing this...my buddy didn't seal his, and the plates on his rig are already worn down quite a bit near the lower link mount holes.
Thanks for the reminder, I need to do this.

I will be updating this rig soon and hopefully ordering some sweet parts next week for the axles. Stay tuned!
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2008, 04:06 PM   #62
RCC Addict

thats one sick rig man ;D just read the thread. nice job.. love the shceme wish i could paint like that lol... if i hadnt got my tuber before the warthog surfaced around here thats what i would be running too. Ryan did a beautiful job on this design.... and that ARTR kit makes a perfect drop in setup. same as what i used on mine.

- tre

Last edited by akguanja; 08-09-2008 at 04:09 PM.
akguanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 03:52 PM   #63
Quarry Creeper

makin my jealous w/ the color scheme
aztitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 05:08 PM   #64
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbgerrish View Post
BAM!

That's The Eye's Warthog...
DANG did you do that engraving yourselfif not who did and how much did they charge I am ofically dumb founded and stupid jelous:-(
jeepcreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 05:53 PM   #65
Quarry Creeper

does the tube chassis change the shock angles(or any angles)? can you run this with the CKRC stage 2 kit? what are some benefits besides looking cool?
barbaricboye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 07:06 PM   #66
I wanna be Dave

The shock angles are similar if you run the Axial juice cans...if you use 4 inch units like the Traxxas Big Bores, your geometry will change a bit, and even more so with the Losi Crawler shocks. Some drivers feel that the Losi's are just too short for this design.

As far as benefits, yup it looks sick, but performance wise it's all over the stock chassis. Small stout design, very low-pro, durability plus, and it's a very planted rig. If you get creative with mounting, everything can be below the top of the tires.

I'm building mine with the TCS Delrin skid, which moves the links inboard similar to that of the CKRC set up. In theory, any mod that you've done to a Scorpion, should drop right in with the Warthog.

I tried setting up with Traxxas rod ends also (far more durable than stock from what I've seen) but they are a bit longer so it throws the wheel base out a good 1/4 of an inch.

I'd say order up if you're thinkng about it, it's a nice chassis.

Here ya' go
http://www.hbzusa.com/WARTHOG.htm
CreepyCrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 08:40 PM   #67
Im Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by akguanja View Post
thats one sick rig man ;D just read the thread. nice job.. love the shceme wish i could paint like that lol... if i hadnt got my tuber before the warthog surfaced around here thats what i would be running too. Ryan did a beautiful job on this design.... and that ARTR kit makes a perfect drop in setup. same as what i used on mine.

- tre
Thanks Tre, I appreciate the compliments. Your little tuber you are building looks pretty good too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aztitan View Post
makin my jealous w/ the color scheme
Haha thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaricboye View Post
does the tube chassis change the shock angles(or any angles)? can you run this with the CKRC stage 2 kit? what are some benefits besides looking cool?
The axial shocks fit perfectly and give just the right amount of ground clearance. Traxxas and losi shocks might be to short if there are going to be any high centers. However I believe it was Tanis who cut the top off the losi shocks and bolted a rod end on instead... Using a longer rod end will give you ultra smooth shocks at about the same length. Thats actually my plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreepyCrawl View Post
The shock angles are similar if you run the Axial juice cans...if you use 4 inch units like the Traxxas Big Bores, your geometry will change a bit, and even more so with the Losi Crawler shocks. Some drivers feel that the Losi's are just too short for this design.

As far as benefits, yup it looks sick, but performance wise it's all over the stock chassis. Small stout design, very low-pro, durability plus, and it's a very planted rig. If you get creative with mounting, everything can be below the top of the tires.

I'm building mine with the TCS Delrin skid, which moves the links inboard similar to that of the CKRC set up. In theory, any mod that you've done to a Scorpion, should drop right in with the Warthog.

I tried setting up with Traxxas rod ends also (far more durable than stock from what I've seen) but they are a bit longer so it throws the wheel base out a good 1/4 of an inch.

I'd say order up if you're thinkng about it, it's a nice chassis.

Here ya' go
http://www.hbzusa.com/WARTHOG.htm
I agree with everything you said. And for my rig being basically a stock AX10 I am extremely impressed with this thing!! Yeah my comp rig feels planted compared to this, but it would not take much tweaking to get the HBZ on the same level. I will have some updates soon to do just that
Old 08-11-2008, 09:02 PM   #68
WWW.THEROXBOX.COM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepcreep View Post
DANG did you do that engraving yourselfif not who did and how much did they charge I am ofically dumb founded and stupid jelous:-(

Thanks for the kind words..... here is my build thread for this great Tube Chassis...

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=130301&highlight=warthog

This is the truck I'm driving at Moab... come on Sept.
The Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 09:34 PM   #69

they are both killer lookin crawlers, i give them both a 10
crawler619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 11:54 PM   #70
Quarry Creeper

moab utah? I am so jelous:-( my parents probably wont want to drive that far (I'm 14, I live in Reno, and just had foot surgery). Please take some pics. i'll definatly ask though, bambi eyes and weaping should do the trick I ENVY THOSE MONSTER ROCK-RINGS

Last edited by jeepcreep; 08-12-2008 at 11:59 PM.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:58 PM   #71
Quarry Creeper

I'm lovin' the paint job matches the links great. Good job on the build Nluvwithxlr8ing
Old 09-18-2008, 09:40 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftrc View Post
Thanks Ryan, will do! Has anyone tried mounting a VF/DNA Dig in the warthog yet? Wanted to make sure there was plenty of room before I purchased the dig.

Can't comment on the VF Dig, but I have the RC4WD in mine, and it shoe horns in, servo setup is a bit of a stretch. Also, have the Punisher shafts that required some grinding of the linkage connection. Will post some pics when I get the chance.

I'm new to crawling so can only say this thing has taken pretty much everthing put in front of it.
rc_addict444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 07:07 PM   #73
Rock Stacker

Between the looks of that tube chassis and seeing that I can attempt to make my own, I am sold on making my own AX10. But I think I am going to attempt doing it without ordering a kit and just make or order parts I need as I realize I need them.
gtbrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 09:25 AM   #74

Both VERY impressive machines. Especialy to the n00b like me. Im completely shocked with the abilities of these machines. With my only previous RC expierence being with savage/tmaxx these very capable rigs that Ive seen here are simply amazing. Great job and excellent attention to detail on all parts.
Oilfield_Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 09:21 PM   #75
Pebble Pounder

This tuber is great. I love mine. It really is a well thought out design. I could not believe how planted this thing was at the last comp. I broke a few other parts that had nothing to do with the chassis.

Yes the DNA dig does fit well in there. as does the 7T Cobalt motor. That is what I am running in mine.
ElkySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 12:23 AM   #76
Pebble Pounder

Man that is a sweet design, Great work
mikesativa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 09:52 AM   #77
Im Brandon

You guys should check out the latest upgrades to this rig

HR Axle Swap on ARTR AX10
Old 09-27-2008, 11:42 AM   #78
Quarry Creeper