Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: 46&2 mini-crawler AX-10 build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2009, 07:19 PM   #41
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ax10CrawlNH View Post
Looking Great bro. How you loving the new tires? I love my losi claws. Now i just cant wait the 5 days for my NEW HBZ Warthog to arrive.. Got the Rare Blue Powder coated frame. They only made 10! Couldnt beat the price eirther 165.00 Keep it up!
I love the tires!!! Night and day. I heard a lot of great things about both the Losi Claws and the Rovers. Hard choice but I went with the Rovers. The extra dif clearance is nice and holy hell I did not realize how HARD those Rock Lizards are until I compared them to the Rovers. Anyway, very happy with the tires, I definitely recommend them.

Good deal on the blue powder coated frame!!
fortysixandtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2009, 07:25 PM   #42
Rock Stacker

Thanks well glad to hear you are addicted and loving it! Yeah huge diff with the losi's also! Amazing how much more traction i get. I couldnt climb my front concrete steps with the stocks and with the losi's it just crawls right up!
Ax10CrawlNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 12:14 AM   #43
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ax10CrawlNH View Post
Thanks well glad to hear you are addicted and loving it! Yeah huge diff with the losi's also! Amazing how much more traction i get. I couldnt climb my front concrete steps with the stocks and with the losi's it just crawls right up!
Yup, just like 1:1 a tire can make a rig
Old 03-30-2009, 12:21 AM   #44
Quarry Creeper

Default Crawling at China Dam

Went out to a sweet river spot to crawl, China Dam. Water is still moving a little too fast and cold as ice but there was more water flowing than I expected, so the river season shouldn't be too bad this year, I hope :crossed:

China Dam

Old 03-30-2009, 12:23 AM   #45
Quarry Creeper

Default crawling at china x2

The Axial has been tweaked a little bit. I flipped the shocks upside down for the hell of it. Cut and lowered the body, and shortly after these pics were taken hooked up a front axle saddle battery.

tit flex

Old 03-30-2009, 12:25 AM   #46
Pebble Pounder

Wow, Nice FLEx ;)!
mockknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 12:39 PM   #47
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mockknight View Post
Wow, Nice FLEx ;)!
Thanks
Old 03-30-2009, 05:21 PM   #48
RCC Addict

I have got to get me one of those custom rti ramps. Might make the wife jealous tho...
calikingcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 07:31 PM   #49
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by calikingcrawler View Post
I have got to get me one of those custom rti ramps. Might make the wife jealous tho...
Haha yeah they are nice ramps, can only get away with using them once and a while though
Old 05-04-2009, 06:16 PM   #50
Quarry Creeper

A while back I relocated my on/off switch to sit on the end of the three link, right above the axle. The wires fit pretty snug and were tied on and out of the way and for the last 3-4 months it has been fine.

Well last night I was wheeling pretty hard, and in a nasty bind, super flexed out, apparently a pin came loose in my rear driveshaft, slid out and caught the wire that goes from the on off switch to the receiver. My truck suddenly stopped responding and I came to find the wire wrapped around my drive shaft, but not broken or pulled out.

Am I going to have to replace the entire reciever, wire and on/off switch or is this repairable? The wire does not appear to be damaged just stretched a little. Does not work though.

Any input?
Old 05-04-2009, 06:42 PM   #51
RCC Addict

receiver switch? what kind of receiver are you using?
IDnewcrwlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 06:47 PM   #52
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDnewcrwlr View Post
receiver switch? what kind of receiver are you using?
Sorry Im a dumbass. I am not up on my rc part lingo. whatever the on off switch attaches too, for some reason i was thinking it was called the reciever.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:48 PM   #53
RCC Addict

o ok you prolly meant the esc right? what esc u runnin?
Old 05-04-2009, 06:53 PM   #54
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDnewcrwlr View Post
o ok you prolly meant the esc right? what esc u runnin?
Oh yeah duh. Yeah its just the stock axial one. And I answered my own question, looks like it pulled loose on the inside and needs to be re-soldered on as long as the wire is not ruined.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:06 PM   #55
RCC Addict

o ok sweet, yea if thats wat happend just solder or attach it back and it should be fine. if you cant solder (like me ), same thing happend to me a while back and i just wrapped the black and red wire ends together so when a battery is plugged in it automatically gets power and is ready to go, i ran mine like that for a while and didnt have any issues, but dont know nothing at all bout the axial esc, so dont mark my words lol. .. .
Old 06-12-2009, 11:07 PM   #56
Quarry Creeper

Alright, NEW problem. Rig has run great the last few months without any issues, then suddenly, the other night, THIS started to happen.

I was out wheeling on my pile of rocks, everything was working great. All of a sudden, my response started to get really jerky, I would give it gas and it would lurch forward, very jerky and unresponsive. I took it off the pile on flat ground and started to drive it, and as soon as I give it throttle, it cranks the wheels to the hard left, and just wants to drive in a circle. It jerks erratically and as soon as you give it throttle turns the wheels hard left and only goes back to straight once you let off the throttle.

Seems like interference maybe? Nothing has changed and I have been wheeling it in its current state for about 2 months without changing anything. Just happened all of sudden out of no where. Any ideas???
Old 06-22-2009, 09:14 PM   #57
Quarry Creeper

No ideas???
Old 08-17-2009, 01:12 PM   #58
Quarry Creeper

Seemed to be some interference. Redid some wiring and it seemed to clear it up.

No new updates other than I blew up my integy 55 turn motor at the ocean wheeling last week. Borrowed a 65 turn from a friend to try out to decide if I want to stick with 55 or move up to 65.
Old 08-17-2009, 01:32 PM   #59
Quarry Creeper

dunno maybe that motor going out caused something there electric clitches are always hard to chase down seems like you got it for now anyways, wre is china dam @ i am in sacramento ?
cascade crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 06:12 PM   #60
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cascade crawler View Post
dunno maybe that motor going out caused something there electric clitches are always hard to chase down seems like you got it for now anyways, wre is china dam @ i am in sacramento ?
Can't tell you or I'd have to kill you