Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Just Another Slingshot

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2008, 11:33 AM   #21
Quarry Creeper

The bec comes set @ 5.1 v , and the 5645 works pretty good there but I`m going to set the bec to output 6 v to get a little more power out of the servo . I ran a 5955TG in both my truggys and it was great , but I just didn`t see the need for that much power on a 2.2 crawler to justify the cost , but I do want all the 5645 will let me have which at 6v would be 168 oz/in . I say yes you should get a bec , it will power the sterring servo better than the built in bec on the esc . Look around the eletronics section , several of the electronics gurus here have explained it way better than I can . Basicly the battery will power the servo directly through the bec , not the Rx or esc. Mine is set up so that the steering servo is powered by the BEC that is connected to the battery , the signal wire from the servo conects to the Rx . The esc powers the Rx & dig servo. I did it the easy way for now. I used a Y-harness from my old Revo (nice & short), I pulled the red & black wire out of the Rx plug , isolated them from each other and heatshrunk them . Then pluged the 5645 in one side and the bec in the other . Hope this helps .

Oh , it`s not a CFX (not yet anyway) , just the sandard Alum Slingshot .

Last edited by 4XADICT; 12-09-2008 at 11:45 AM.
4XADICT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2008, 12:25 PM   #22
RCC Addict

I knew it was an Alum Slingshot but i still typed in CFX....I got CFX on my mind i guess.
Thanks alot, this helps, I really appreciate it
prusik333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 02:14 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

sweet setup man...love the stance
ittybitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 11:27 PM   #24
Quarry Creeper

prusik , you know I was just picking , glad I could help some .

Thanks ittybitty .
Old 12-12-2008, 01:40 AM   #25
Quarry Creeper

Sorry, but I need to retake the pics as soon as I get my hands on my brothers D70 . My camera will not do these things justice .

O.K. , Maybe a couple with my crappy camera , probably can`t get the Nikkon till sunday .

Last edited by 4XADICT; 12-24-2008 at 04:54 PM.
Old 12-13-2008, 03:18 PM   #26
RCC Addict

WOW! those Revolvers looks sweet on your rig, next year i might just have to get a set
prusik333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 03:19 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

Finally some action pics , it sucks to take pics and drive at the same time .

Last edited by 4XADICT; 12-24-2008 at 05:17 PM.
Old 12-13-2008, 03:24 PM   #28
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by prusik333 View Post
WOW! those Revolvers looks sweet on your rig, next year i might just have to get a set

Thanks man , I`m thinking all black paint next .

Last edited by 4XADICT; 12-24-2008 at 05:18 PM.
Old 12-19-2008, 01:10 AM   #29
Quarry Creeper

Well the dig gave up on me the 14th , so while waiting for parts I decided to give the HR dig a try . I just got it set up and funtion tested so far but I like it . This thing is about as plug & play as I think a dig can be . Also appears to be pretty stout too, all the drive parts are steel and a nice solid engement in drive and rear locked . I didn`t weigh the two units but they feel about the same but the HR moves the bulk of the weigh lower which is a bonus in my opinion . Was going to run a pack trough it tomarrow too see if any issues surface, but I finished off the streeing servo horn function testing it house tonight .

And the iceing on the cake , it matches the wheels , lol .

Finally got on the rocks today , tried out a new spot and the dig works . I think I`ll run this one till it breaks , it`s competition made it 26 days on the truck , curious to see how long it takes for me to break this one .

Last edited by 4XADICT; 12-24-2008 at 04:58 PM.
Old 12-25-2008, 03:07 PM   #30
Quarry Creeper

looks sweet! btw, what are you hunting cyotes with? ar15? i just got an m4 for christmas.
jedsled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 06:10 PM   #31
Quarry Creeper

Shotgun or Ruger 77/22 in K-Hornet . Congrats on the M4 , hellava xmas present. Been thinking of building an ar for awhile now , I should have kept my bushmaster , but back then I really never considered it for hunting anything four legged so I traded it for a Kimber .45 .

Here is the Ruger after the camo job , rifle is stainless .

Last edited by 4XADICT; 12-25-2008 at 06:16 PM.
Old 12-28-2008, 12:34 PM   #32
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4XADICT View Post
Thanks guys . Jeb, if the weathers ok give me a holler tomarrow and we`ll crawl .
Hey 4x..., How do you like the Revo GTR shocks?

Why not use the losi crawler shocks?

Just got my cfx, so trying to figure best setup for it?

What is your cg too? Thanks a lot.
5150bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 10:33 PM   #33
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5150bronco View Post
Hey 4x..., How do you like the Revo GTR shocks?

Why not use the losi crawler shocks?

Just got my cfx, so trying to figure best setup for it?

What is your cg too? Thanks a lot.

The revos are working good , I didn`t use the losi shocks (4") because they are too long for this chassis . Most run the Losi .6 or revo shocks I chose the revos over the .6 due to cost . I would like to try the .6`s sometime though .

Right now I`m running 2 3/4" under the skid , I`ve been all over the place with the ride height , from 2.5 " to 3 1/4 " . 2 3/4 seems to be a good balance of COG and ground clearance for the terrain I run on . I would run at 2.5 all the time if my terain allowed it .
Old 12-30-2008, 02:20 AM   #34
RCC Addict

Quote:
The revos are working good , I didn`t use the losi shocks (4") because they are too long for this chassis . Most run the Losi .6 or revo shocks I chose the revos over the .6 due to cost . I would like to try the .6`s sometime though .

Right now I`m running 2 3/4" under the skid , I`ve been all over the place with the ride height , from 2.5 " to 3 1/4 " . 2 3/4 seems to be a good balance of COG and ground clearance for the terrain I run on . I would run at 2.5 all the time if my terain allowed it .
Okay. Are the GTR revo shocks the same as the E-Revo shocks?

Do you use jato springs too?

Does the .6 losi shocks come complete or do you just have to buy the shock body that is .6 and piece it together? or, can you just buy the shock.

thanks for the help!
Old 12-30-2008, 02:33 AM   #35
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Okay. Are the GTR revo shocks the same as the E-Revo shocks?
Not 100% sure , but I would think all the revo platforms use the same shock .

Quote:
Do you use jato springs too?
Yes , Jato springs all around , I`m currently running Yellow fronts and Tan in the rear . I thought all the Jato springs were the same lenght but the ones listed as Jato Rears appear to about 1/4" longer than the ones listed as fronts . Never noticed till I happened to set a tan on the table next to a blue when I was swaping out the blues .

Quote:
Does the .6 losi shocks come complete or do you just have to buy the shock body that is .6 and piece it together? or, can you just buy the shock.
They aren`t sold as a kit , it`s my understanding that all the required part #`s must be ordered ( bodys , shafts, caps , ends , etc.) . Look hear for the part #s .
Another Team RCC Berg: Swell's new ride

Quote:
thanks for the help!
Any time .

Last edited by 4XADICT; 12-30-2008 at 02:42 AM.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:31 PM   #36
RCC Addict

You are awesome 4x! Thanks.

So, do you run all front springs or all rear? So you have same length?

Or, you run front jato on front and rear jato on rear?
Old 12-30-2008, 02:33 PM   #37
RCC Addict

Thanks for the link!

The question is........, putting price aside......,

what is a better shock......Losi .6's or the GTR/E-revo.......?
Old 01-09-2009, 03:33 AM   #38
Quarry Creeper

I was getting the truck ready for saturdays comp and decided to play with a ball mill . I started to make a whole new plate but since the whole arrangement up front is getting redone as soon as I finalize the plans , I decided to just finish the current plate , and yes, I did under the servo too .

The HR dig has run flawlessly since the first install . DNA`s customer servise does work , not lightning fast but it does work . My parts arrived today, might save it for a possible revivale of a project that I quit on along time ago.

And some better action pics from some vid that I can`t seem to get posted.

By fourbyaddict, shot with NIKON D70s at 2009-01-09

And some of the newest distraction , most of these were taken within 24 hrs out of the box .

Last edited by 4XADICT; 01-10-2009 at 02:12 AM.
Old 01-09-2009, 06:52 PM   #39
I wanna be Dave

As far as the Losi .6 shocks go, You can go on Ebay and look us Losi XXX-cr or XXX-4 Shocks The are the Front xxx buggy shocks. Just make sure that you look for the FRONT shocks, The rears are the .9 shocks and are about 3/8" longer which is not right for the slingshot chassis.
Just a tidbit of info I though I'd share!!
I have the losi shocks on my Slingshot and I love em. I had the Revo GTR Ti-Ni shocks on mine for a while but I was never happy with them, Switched to the losi shocks and have been VERY happy so far.
jcboof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 10:36 PM   #40
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Shotgun or Ruger 77/22 in K-Hornet . Congrats on the M4 , hellava xmas present. Been thinking of building an ar for awhile now , I should have kept my bushmaster , but back then I really never considered it for hunting anything four legged so I traded it for a Kimber .45 .

Here is the Ruger after the camo job , rifle is stainless .

ya, but the kimber classic is sweet too!
jedsled is offline   Reply With Quote