Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: ** MSD Hybrid Comp Chassis Build **

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2009, 01:49 PM   #41
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by microamd View Post
where can i get one of these chassis?
send me a PM, we have them in stock and ready to ship
Unimoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2009, 12:56 AM   #42
Quarry Creeper

Made some tire and suspension changes this weekend. I bought a some Rovers and some dual-stage foams from Nova. I threw those on my set of MSD Top Guns.

Keeping my suspension the way it was put my skid right at 2.75" which is a little taller than I like to run it. I ended up tearing my shocks down and rebuilding them with 1/4" internal limiters to get my skid down to 2.5". The Axial springs felt a little stiff when I limited the shocks down so I put some Losi pinks on the front and silvers on the rear.

Hopefully the weather will hold out and I can get it out on the rocks this coming weekend when I get back home and see how it does.
TruckerBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 03:15 PM   #43
Pebble Pounder

I've had one of these chassis's since last year and ran it on my comp truck with berg axles for scale nats last year and loved it, my next project is to put it on my LCC for next season

great chassis
juan916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 12:27 AM   #44
Quarry Creeper

Well, after I rebuilt the shocks and got it all put back together my WB was 12.75" Oops. Didn't think limiting the shocks would affect it that much, but oh well. I kept the upper links at 96mm but my lowers are now 93mm which got my WB right back to 12.5" Once I got everything back together again my belly was right at 2.5" with the Rovers on. I'm real excited to try this set-up, but with the snow we're getting I don't think I'll get a chance before I head for Portland on Sunday.

When I tried out the Chisels I didn't do anything but switch tires, which is probably why I hated them. This will be my first go at running big tires on a rig that was "made" for them so to speak. Got my lid mounted nice and low, it's only 1 1/8" above the tires.

Old 01-01-2010, 12:29 AM   #45
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan916 View Post
I've had one of these chassis's since last year and ran it on my comp truck with berg axles for scale nats last year and loved it, my next project is to put it on my LCC for next season

great chassis
A Losi on this chassis would be one hell of a rig as long as you can get everything to fit. It'll be tight but I think you can get the tranny in there.
Old 01-01-2010, 08:16 AM   #46
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckerBrad View Post
When I tried out the Chisels I didn't do anything but switch tires, which is probably why I hated them. This will be my first go at running big tires on a rig that was "made" for them so to speak. Got my lid mounted nice and low, it's only 1 1/8" above the tires.
I think you'll really like the Rovers. The Chisels, at least in my opinion, have far too tall of tread. They're ok at slow crawling, but as soon as you need any wheel speed, the tall tread blocks fold & pop back up, making the rig bounce a bit, and you lose traction.

I've been running the Rovers for 6 comps now, and they have yet to let me down. Any time I've lacked traction, it's been due to improper tuning of the chassis/suspension, not the tires.
EvilTwin v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 10:33 AM   #47
Quarry Creeper

When I tried the Chisels I just put them on and made no changes to my suspension, etc. They made my COG way too high and I had crappy foam in them so the sidewalls were way too soft. I got mad and gave up on them without even messing with too much. Wanted to try the Rovers and figured I should take the time and get the rig set-up as best I could for the taller tires. Hopefully it works out.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-ax-10-scorpion/193463-%2A%2A-msd-hybrid-comp-chassis-build-%2A%2A.html
Posted By For Type Date
Competition Crawling, Scale Crawling and other RC action • View topic - MSD Hybrid 2.2 build This thread Refback 03-01-2013 09:03 AM