Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Shelby's Tuber

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2010, 07:26 PM   #121
RCC Addict

So you had a "close encounter" with a bum eh

Looks good from the pics, im lucky that the local park is near by and its got some good lines and all I got to deal with is a ton of kids getting in my way I'd take them over some gangsters any day
Crawling Calvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2010, 07:30 PM   #122
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawling Calvin View Post
So you had a "close encounter" with a bum eh

Looks good from the pics, im lucky that the local park is near by and its got some good lines and all I got to deal with is a ton of kids getting in my way I'd take them over some gangsters any day
I hate when Bums try to watch me and they ask the STUPIDEST questions ever! But, i would rather have them ask stupid questions than try to jack me for my rig.
shelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 07:54 PM   #123
RCC Addict

Change bums to kids and that's what its like for me... best stuff for me had to be when I was doing my crawler at our Church at night and some 2 year old kid chases after it (note its going like 6 MPH tops!) and he grabs onto the antenna tube and runs off with it... 30 seconds later his mom has a heart attack and hands it back... hahahaha that was funny

I will say that sometimes the KIDS ask better questions than the parents... hahaha that's always a blast for sure I just love it when I go over a small rock and everyone goes "WOOOOOOOOOO" and im thinking (heh nothing ) so you walk to something real tricky and they all go "OMG DUDE DID YOU..." you know the rest.

Hows the HR dig working, ive heard mixed stuff on it... for now im running something called "no dig" and its working fine
Old 08-29-2010, 08:04 PM   #124
RCC Addict

Quote:
Change bums to kids and that's what its like for me... best stuff for me had to be when I was doing my crawler at our Church at night and some 2 year old kid chases after it (note its going like 6 MPH tops!) and he grabs onto the antenna tube and runs off with it... 30 seconds later his mom has a heart attack and hands it back... hahahaha that was funny

I will say that sometimes the KIDS ask better questions than the parents... hahaha that's always a blast for sure I just love it when I go over a small rock and everyone goes "WOOOOOOOOOO" and im thinking (heh nothing ) so you walk to something real tricky and they all go "OMG DUDE DID YOU..." you know the rest.

Hows the HR dig working, ive heard mixed stuff on it... for now im running something called "no dig" and its working fine
I was driving my touring car out front and this little kid comes running over to it and i tried to drive it back to me but of course the batteriy dies and the kid picks it up by the plastic spoiler(this is a new body btw) and i run over to him and grab it before he drops it. i almost had a heart attack and the kids dad is just laughing.

The dig is actually a DNA or VF i guesss is their new name. it works(after some modifications to it) but i think my servo for it is goona need to be replaced.
Old 08-29-2010, 08:33 PM   #125
RCC Addict

Ok my bad on the dig... im so used to seeing the Hot Racing ones...

Ive had that almost happen a few times... it isn't fun its like "comon its my stuff" Hey its not like the time I had a car go haywire at the track and I was glad people DID touch it... to try and get it under control (and kill the engine! before it died)

Looks like all you need to finish it off is:
A set of Delrin links () and a lipo Wait, you had one but it was puffed or? And a clean set of rovers (hot soapy water works but I think 50/50 Simple Green and water is best )
Old 08-29-2010, 09:21 PM   #126
RCC Addict

Quote:
Ok my bad on the dig... im so used to seeing the Hot Racing ones...

Ive had that almost happen a few times... it isn't fun its like "comon its my stuff" Hey its not like the time I had a car go haywire at the track and I was glad people DID touch it... to try and get it under control (and kill the engine! before it died)

Looks like all you need to finish it off is:
A set of Delrin links () and a lipo Wait, you had one but it was puffed or? And a clean set of rovers (hot soapy water works but I think 50/50 Simple Green and water is best )
I have a losi 2s and plan on getting atleast three more soon(just forgot to bring it crawling with me). Way ahead of you on the clean rovers. i can't stand dirty stuff. as of now the crawler is dusted, tires cleaned and ready to go!

I just need a BEC, metal drivelines, and lipos to make it a solid crawler.
Old 08-29-2010, 09:26 PM   #127
RCC Addict

Nice, I love it when people go "wheres my grip" and you see the tires all dusty and dirty and its like *cough the tires*

Metal drive shafts... I still run Traxxas ones without any real issues!

BEC = a MUST! I say its next to rovers and a good steering servo/ESC/Motor
Old 08-29-2010, 09:34 PM   #128
RCC Addict

Quote:
Nice, I love it when people go "wheres my grip" and you see the tires all dusty and dirty and its like *cough the tires*

Metal drive shafts... I still run Traxxas ones without any real issues!

BEC = a MUST! I say its next to rovers and a good steering servo/ESC/Motor
I have stock axials up front and traxxas drivelines in the rear. i popped out one of my stock axial drive shafts today, so i will buy metal front shafts first. the traxxas shafts seem to be pretty tough as of right now.

when the comp season comes around(in a couple months) i plan on getting some sort of an ultra torque servo.
Old 08-29-2010, 10:35 PM   #129
RCC Addict

The Traxxas "Half shafts" are stupid strong! I remember only one going bad, but it was a pain to put on in the first place. I think I bent the plastic in and am still driving with it to this day. The "locking rings" do work good I hear! I am 50/50 on CV's for the F/R... i hear they are nice but until someone shows me a rig with them, im neutral
Old 08-30-2010, 05:56 PM   #130
RCC Addict

Quote:
The Traxxas "Half shafts" are stupid strong! I remember only one going bad, but it was a pain to put on in the first place. I think I bent the plastic in and am still driving with it to this day. The "locking rings" do work good I hear! I am 50/50 on CV's for the F/R... i hear they are nice but until someone shows me a rig with them, im neutral
Mip cvds are super strong, my friend has hem in his crawler and they are tough. i would love to havee them but they are just a little to pricey for me. I am probably just going to get a generic brand of them or the the 3racing aluminum driveshafts.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:25 PM   #131
RCC Addict

Just want to clear up the mods on this for everyone.

TCS Eclipse tube chassis
STRC 4-link battery tray(front)
TCS 4-link boomerang (rear)
axial high clearence knuxkles.
axial alum c-hubs
3racing CVD front axles
BTA steering
white dot rovers on all 4
rampage alum rims
Yeah racing 80mm shocks(front)
Yeah racing 90mm shocks(rear)
hitec 645mg steering servo
S300 dig servo
DNA DIG
STR alum skid plate
axial bent links front and rear
Tekin handwound pro 35t brushed motor
Novak Rooster esc
Dx3e radio/ spektrum SR300 reciever

I believe that is all, i might be forgetting something though

If you have any comments, recommendations or questions, post up.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:49 PM   #132
RCC Addict

Good looking parts list. But I bet it costs more than my $455 LCC, huh?
country_crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 05:55 PM   #133
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by country_crawler View Post
Good looking parts list. But I bet it costs more than my $455 LCC, huh?
Uh yeah!
Old 08-31-2010, 05:57 PM   #134
RCC Addict

And you wanna know something else? I don't even have $200 into my honcho...
Old 08-31-2010, 05:59 PM   #135
RCC Addict

Quote:
And you wanna know something else? I don't even have $200 into my honcho...
your honcho is stock though.

The cool thing is, i bought a complete rtr axial and another axial in parts(which is this one) from a local guy and he only wanted 200 bucks for them
Old 08-31-2010, 06:02 PM   #136
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby View Post
your honcho is stock though.

The cool thing is, i bought a complete rtr axial and another axial in parts(which is this one) from a local guy and he only wanted 200 bucks for them
I don't care, its still a honcho and you can't not love a honcho.

Dang good find. When I got the LCC the 1.9 comp sat on the shelf for a good month or 2, and then I traded it in on a Honcho and only had to pay $130, I also bought some extra batteries for it, and I 4 linked it. All for around $175.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:07 PM   #137
RCC Addict

If i knew i was going to be comping with this, i would of bought a more compable chassis. But im going to try this out in a couple comps and if i think i need a better chassis ill sell this or trade it off for something else.

The one thing i do like about this chassis is the ground clearence and the fact that i have not had a problem with TT yet.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:12 PM   #138
RCC Addict

Fastback????
Old 08-31-2010, 06:14 PM   #139
RCC Addict

Quote:
Fastback????
Something like that...
Old 09-01-2010, 06:23 PM   #140
RCC Addict

I put the springs back on the front shocks, but im not to sure if i like it. I either need way softer srpings or a different shock mounting setup. I also might need to get a BTA steering linkage bar, the spring will sometimes get caught on the steering bar.