Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: AX-10 GC-3A Sportsmans rig.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2011, 10:45 AM   #21
RCC Addict

What about now
Gatekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2011, 11:47 AM   #22
R.I.P. Chip

Still not woke up yet, getting ready to start on it soon.
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 11:59 AM   #23
Keep it real

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post
Still not woke up yet, getting ready to start on it soon.
And let this be a lesson to any troublemakers, he can still post on RCC....even when asleep
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 12:00 PM   #24
Quarry Creeper

im almost done, started last night just debating on running a mmp and a novak 18.5 [silver can] on 3s ? gatekeeper, are u going to be making the steering servo plate for production? thanks for providing us with a greatt chassie
ebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 01:09 PM   #25
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebomb View Post
im almost done, started last night just debating on running a mmp and a novak 18.5 [silver can] on 3s ? gatekeeper, are u going to be making the steering servo plate for production? thanks for providing us with a greatt chassie
I hope so
Old 01-09-2011, 04:56 PM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Stealth build?
TEDROCKZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 05:27 PM   #27
R.I.P. Chip

Just got it as done as it is going to get for today and took it for a little spin.

That motor you sent is perfect!

Working on pics now...
Old 01-09-2011, 06:23 PM   #28
R.I.P. Chip

Wiring and steering are just temporary for now, but I was able to take it for a spin. Gonna bust butt and try to make it to the comp on wednesday night.
Attached Images

Old 01-09-2011, 06:37 PM   #29
RCC Addict

PEPSI??? I thought you lived on Monster

Nice looking rig, those chemicals help the durometer and tackiness of the tires??
DeaDShorT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 06:43 PM   #30
Rock Crawler

Looks great man may want to look for a short dig shaft for the front, well I had to on mine, it would bind up with the full length shaft Hope you like it I love mine
greencrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 06:44 PM   #31
Try to Bend it

Looks good man, I will be interested to see your thoughts on its performance. I think I am in the market for a new chassis this season.
Highlucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 06:48 PM   #32
RCC Addict

Looks great Jason,cant wait to hear your opinion on how it performs and what you think about building it
Old 01-09-2011, 06:48 PM   #33
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by greencrawler View Post
Looks great man may want to look for a short dig shaft for the front, well I had to on mine, it would bind up with the full length shaft
Yea I noticed it doesn't go quite short enough, I'll chuck it up in the lathe on tuesday and shorten it a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlucks View Post
Looks good man, I will be interested to see your thoughts on its performance. I think I am in the market for a new chassis this season.
So far I love it, I put a pack through it just messing around here on a line I always do. The only rig that I have that has ever been able to pull this line off is my berg with lots of digging and work. This thing does it now problem, I was blown away.
Old 01-09-2011, 06:51 PM   #34
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatekeeper View Post
Looks great Jason,cant wait to hear your opinion on how it performs and what you think about building it
It went together super easy, I love the fact that EVERYTHING matches, chassis, links, spacers, ect it looks like it was a planned build and not just a pieced together truck.

I was also surprised with the quality of the hardware in the kit, normally they through cheap stuff in with kits like this and you end up stripping it all out. I didn't strip a single screw on his thing which is real odd for me.

I can't think of another single upgrade you could do to an AX-10 for under $100 to net you this big of a gain in strength and performance.
Old 01-09-2011, 07:00 PM   #35
RCC Addict

Quote:
It went together super easy, I love the fact that EVERYTHING matches, chassis, links, spacers, ect it looks like it was a planned build and not just a pieced together truck.

I was also surprised with the quality of the hardware in the kit, normally they through cheap stuff in with kits like this and you end up stripping it all out. I didn't strip a single screw on his thing which is real odd for me.

I can't think of another single upgrade you could do to an AX-10 for under $100 to net you this big of a gain in strength and performance.
Very good to hear,I am glad you are happy with the kit .I cant wait until you get to run it on some rocks
Old 01-09-2011, 09:25 PM   #36
Try to Bend it

Awesome thanks for the feed back. One more thing, I know you have not had long on these shocks, but how do you rate them. Is it the usual Intergy sh!t or have they got something right.
Highlucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 09:35 PM   #37
RCC Addict

Quote:

Well said. I'm very pleased with mine, and the combination of chassis, links, mounts, ect just flat out work together to create a great performer .
TrailDawg362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 08:05 AM   #38
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlucks View Post
Awesome thanks for the feed back. One more thing, I know you have not had long on these shocks, but how do you rate them. Is it the usual Intergy sh!t or have they got something right.
I am like you, most integy stuff is crap in my eyes. I bought these on a recommendation of Turbofest, and honestly at this point I am very impressed. They are of good build quality and very smooth. I love the ball ends on both ends which helps eliminate bind.

We'll see how they hold up.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:36 AM   #39
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I am like you, most integy stuff is crap in my eyes. I bought these on a recommendation of Turbofest, and honestly at this point I am very impressed. They are of good build quality and very smooth. I love the ball ends on both ends which helps eliminate bind.

We'll see how they hold up.
Glad someone finally took my advice LOLOL

They hold up pretty good Jason

Sweet GC3A For the money, this chassis kit really can't be touched!
TURBOFEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:50 AM   #40
I wanna be Dave

I'd like to hear more feedback on the shocks too, waiting for ya to put it in the field with some time on them.
LIKES2CRAWL is offline   Reply With Quote