Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: The " First German Poison Dart"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2011, 04:07 AM   #41
Quarry Creeper

Blader - you are not alone. I am in the same position.
jimmyshor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2011, 02:20 AM   #42
RCC Addict

Location: somewhere near Los Angeles...or a city looking thingy.

those wheels would be great for a scaler. where did you get them.
OTHGbronco82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 01:46 PM   #43
Rock Stacker

I bought these wheels a long time ago. If I remember right, they are from 3racing. But the plastic is not the best quality, cheap price -cheap material.

I broke the second cvd today. Are the 3racing cvd's such a junk ?
Everybody to propose some better cvd's, but interesting in price?
I'm not willing to pay as much for the cvd's as others pay for complete cars...

Btw. I've tested the Rovers with 2stage Proline foams. They don't seem to have much more grip than the Chisels. I'm somehow disappointed, promised me more.

But for the first time at rocks I made with the old rig well, so I can compare exactly, the GPD performed very well. A little fine tuning with weights and lowering the cog a little bit and it will be nearly perfect for me.

Blader
Blader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 10:37 AM   #44
Quarry Creeper

Try:
a) eritex wheels - they work just fine, not so expensive...decent price, decent quality
b) Axial CVD's with Gunnar pins - never broke a Gunnar pin, and perhaps you saw that i am the "abuser"

I noticed that Chisels have a good grip on rocks, even better than the white dot Rovers. The pattern may be the difference ?
Old 06-14-2011, 12:51 PM   #45
Rock Stacker

Hi Chris,

well, i ordered my wheels in middle of April at Wheel Works.
The first set seems to be lost on transport, Steve and I were searching at post and customs for the package, no result. He can't find the tracking number, what makes it more complicated. So he sent it again, one and a half weeks ago.... and I ? I'm waiting with impatience

I'm trying to build two sets of wheels with the same weight, one with Rovers, one with Chisels. So I'm able to compare them exactly.

I added some weight into the front wheels today and mounted the rear upper links 1 hole down. Then I tested at the wooden board I've glued some sandpaper on and put against the wall. I nearly reached the maximum I ever made with my old rig in full droop setup and heavy wheels. This rig had many disadvantages but climbed very well, if I measured right, that were over 70 degrees.

In case of cvd you're right, I'll choose Axial with other pins, or some Felsenfest, if I can get them for a realistic price.
My pins for the 3racing cvd's are made of titanium coated drills. That's why the pins stay and the head breaks.

Yesterday I changed the broken cvd against one with stock pin, today in my test... guess what happened...the pin broke and...flew away.

Think it's my turn now to have this sh** on my fingers, you must be lucky now...I took it away from you

Blader
Old 06-14-2011, 02:47 PM   #46
Quarry Creeper

I bought the Gunnar pins thinking....."that could be another waste of money"...but i guarantee you...it was not. Look at my thread, at some point i mentiond i made my own pins....they did not last. Gunnar's are a hit, trust me on that one.

I really like the Felsenfest...but the price is .....astronomical. I dont want to upset no one, but for that price....come on...

I hope your bad luck changes. I hope mine too...
Old 06-17-2011, 08:14 PM   #47
Tossin' Salad

Just thought I would add this to the thread for reference.

Casey

Last edited by KC_JoNeS; 06-17-2011 at 09:01 PM.
KC_JoNeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 11:10 AM   #48
Rock Stacker

Thanks Casey, that's great.

Too late for me , having it sooner would have helped me when building my GPD, but the later PD builder will profit.
The measurements of the inner holes would also be great if you inserted them.

At my rig I added some weight to the front wheels, built a new steering rod and narrowed the lower links and shocks at the front axle to minimize the rubbing of the tires. The steering angle is awesome now.
Haven't got any idea for the cvd yet. I'm searching and searching and....

Are Axials cvd's better than 3racing's? Sure??

Blader
Old 06-21-2011, 05:53 AM   #49
Rock Stacker

Latest update:

test ran fine with the more weight, did steps and climbings I never could do before.
No shaft broke, I know why...because I ordered new ones
It's always the same.

The Axial cvd's will be the next in my tests, hope they are stronger than 3racing cvd's.

I will be in holidays without any internet for the next 2 1/2 weeks, I'm looking forward to read again in this forum

Blader
Old 06-21-2011, 11:07 AM   #50
Rock Crawler

The axial have a smaller diameter pin than the 3racing,even with gunner pins they bent the pins and binded up.

I just ordered the 3racing ones in hopes of better resultes.
Mr. crawl is offline   Reply With Quote