Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: T REX 6x6

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2007, 04:31 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default T REX 6x6

Well i already bought my second AX-10, this first one is for comps. The second one is going to be a 6x6 that looks like the 6x6 from top truck challenge 2004. I have already built the center axle and tranny. Now i im just waiting for parts to show up. Im going to start on building a frame when i get the body. It will have a winch, and run on the stock tires sense it will be pretty scale for the rig sense it runs on 42's. Here is a pic of the rig im making it to look like.

and here is what i have so far.

rockcrawler_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2007, 06:11 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

sweet.
Maybe it's cause I don't know that axle.... but you KNOW people are gonna ask for pics and info on the pass-through axle ;)

What are your plans for the rear suspension? Inidividual leafs, links, walking beam?
chevy42083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 01:40 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Im going to build it like the real one with indavidual coils for each axle. The axle is two ax-10 axles put together. all you need to do is grind down the little ridge on the inside face so they bolt together flush.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:44 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Subscribed. Lookin forward to see this progress!
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 03:02 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

wow. Nice job on the axle. I cant see what mod you made to the tranny or is that just a stock scorpion tranny? Are you going to build an ARB bumper for it like the 1:1?
grapegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 11:31 PM   #6
RCC Addict

man i want to see this one get built !!!
ctrwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 11:41 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

very cool man

please take a ton of pics for us
crawls2thewalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 01:01 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockcrawler_101 View Post
Im going to build it like the real one with indavidual coils for each axle. The axle is two ax-10 axles put together. all you need to do is grind down the little ridge on the inside face so they bolt together flush.
That is way to cool! But doesn't the output spin the wrong way for the rear axle?
Eagle-Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 02:17 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle-Mark View Post
But doesn't the output spin the wrong way for the rear axle?
If it does, just rotate the first diff so the ring gears are on opposite sides of the pinion(s).
TunaMaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 03:36 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Yeah the back pinion spins the wrong way so i will be running the rear axle upside down to solve that problem. The tranny will be stock sense i love how small it is. I just got my shocks and radio for it, now just waiting on tower hobbies to send out the body. I will be building the same bumper with a slight mod so i can push the front axle forward some sense im going to try to get as much wheel base out of it becuase the drive lines are going to be pretty small. I picked up the metal to make the frame today but can start till i get the body. I have actully driven the t rex before and its my favorite truck even more the then my real rock buggy. I will keep you posted on how it comes along.
Old 09-27-2007, 03:40 AM   #11
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockcrawler_101 View Post
Well i already bought my second AX-10, this first one is for comps. The second one is going to be a 6x6 that looks like the 6x6 from top truck challenge 2004. I have already built the center axle and tranny. Now i im just waiting for parts to show up. Im going to start on building a frame when i get the body. It will have a winch, and run on the stock tires sense it will be pretty scale for the rig sense it runs on 42's. Here is a pic of the rig im making it to look like.

and here is what i have so far.

I watched this truck in a off road comp that involved like ten other trucks,it was pretty cool the abuse they put em threw!
WOODS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 06:38 AM   #12
Rock Stacker

Thats sweet
CHEEZBURGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 11:27 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Still waiting on the body so i can build the frame just yet. But it should be here tomorrow. I took the axles off my comp ax-10 so i could have all three axles. I got my radio and shocks in. i do need to pick up another driveline. I got the axles placed kinda were i want them. The biggest problem will be dealing with drive line angles. I will be setting the tranny pretty low so that will help. Here are some pics but this isnt the body that i will be running.

And here is a pic of my comp ax-10
Old 09-28-2007, 07:21 AM   #14
RCC Addict

Can you stretch the rear axles a bit more?? In other words move both rear axles back about 1" - 1 1/2" might help drive line angles. I do realize you may not have enough length on the body but that easy-attach more body!! Might help the scale look too..
The Real Dogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 08:51 AM   #15
Rock Crawler

Nice, Man that looks sweet. The driveline angles look ok, I have seen alot worse. but It might be even better when he gets his chassis going. this is an obvious mock up. The drive lines aint even connected. I am very interested in 6x6's. So are you going to 3-link each axle? I know your gonna run coil overs but what about the axle linkage?
grapegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 02:38 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Im going to run three links in the back sense there really arnt any good mounts on the back axles. the front will be probly a four link. AS for the scale look his truck basicly has the middle tires and front tires seperated by the door so im pretty close with what i have. His truck is really only a regular cab with a long bed, he just put a cab thing on the back.
Old 09-28-2007, 02:48 PM   #17

Sweet I can't wait to see this one finished!
deadbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 03:17 PM   #18
Pebble Pounder

Could do rear steer on rear axle...
Eagle-Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 10:24 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

im going to stay away from rear steer right now sense i have the tires so close in the back. I built the frame and have started to work on links. the top coil mounts will be shaved down after i find out were the coils will mount.

Old 09-28-2007, 11:03 PM   #20
Rock Stacker

I don't think it's going to work out, just finish it up and send it to me, I will....... dispose of it properly
CHEEZBURGER is offline   Reply With Quote