Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: My 2008 2.2 comp rig

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2007, 09:50 PM   #41
Adilynsdad too!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Team-Losi-XXXT-R...QQcmdZViewItem
braceysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2007, 09:59 PM   #42
Quarry Creeper

Thanks for clarifying Brad, I wasn't sure if my post made much sense.
Jason is lucky.

Jason- Did you modify your stub axles for more steering?
tmyjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 10:07 PM   #43
Quarry Creeper

Jason,

Very nice! I love all the links and prices to all the parts. It does realy let people know what a super nice comp rig will run them.
I am hoping that I can be competitive with out shelling out so much cash...here is for hoping...lol
Jonnie Fraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 10:09 PM   #44
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by braceysdad View Post
BD - thanks! I had already looked at those. They are being watched!!

Brad, so you don't have to hold the switch for it to stay in 4wd or in lock? Thats the way I read it.
redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 10:14 PM   #45
I wanna be Dave

awesome lookin rig jason, super clean built rig. what kinda camera did you use for these?
dieselfuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 10:20 PM   #46
2006 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
Brad, so you don't have to hold the switch for it to stay in 4wd or in lock? Thats the way I read it.
Correct.
BENDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 11:07 PM   #47
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
WOW!! $96.40.......Are they really worth it?
That's a decision you'll have to make for yourself. After seeing a set Brad had on his 2.2 I had to get some for myself.

Quote:
Also, what kind of belly clearance you got with that set-up. It looks really low. Mine is sitting right at 2 3/4" and yours looks lower.
Mine is pretty low, I'll get it out at the shop tomorrow and snap some more pics and get some measurments.

Quote:
DX3R - is the third channel switch a stationary or a momentary switch?
3rd channel switch is stationary, meaning you push it one way and it will stay there until you pull it back, even if you let go. This works really well for running the R2D. Some people like their rear steer like that, some don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGGruff View Post
Man that thing looks sharp! Thanks for the itemization, it'll help me with some research I'm doing for my Comp Scorpion. I'm really diggin the Grappler Body and I've got to get the DX3R. Great work!
Hope it helps, it took me a few hours to itemize all the parts with links, but I thought it'd be helpful for people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENDER View Post
The 3rd channel switch does return to center everytime you hit it, just like the DX3.
Incorrect, when you let go it does not return to center, until you hit it the other way and bring it back to center;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENDER View Post
Jason had it set-up so when you hit the 3rd channel switch once, the R2D goes into front wheel drive with neutral at the rear axle. Then, you hit it again in the same direction to lock the rear wheels. Back the other way once for neutral again, then again for 4wd. I drove it briefly last night and it works great.
Correct mine is setup so when you push the thumb button foward it's 4 wheel drive, 1 click back is rear free wheel, another click back locks the rear totally, hit the button 2 clicks foward from there and you're back in 4wd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmyjeeper View Post
Jason- Did you modify your stub axles for more steering?
I did chuck the stubs up in the lathe and trim them down a little, but I don't think it gained much if anything. I'll have to compare it to my other Axail rig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnie Fraz View Post
I am hoping that I can be competitive with out shelling out so much cash...here is for hoping...lol
Ohh, don't get me wrong, a very competitive rig can be built for much less, heck I'll bet my 2007 comp rig was half the price of this one if not more. I just went this route because I wanted the best of everything on this rig. i also don't have a ton of time to design and build my own stuff so I just bought everything.

Quote:
No, you never have to hold the switch, hit it once or twice to get in the position you want and it'll stay until you tell it to do something different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselfuel View Post
awesome lookin rig jason, super clean built rig. what kinda camera did you use for these?
Thank you, I shot all the pics with my Canon Digital Rebel XT. We've had really good luck with this camera, and I love it. It's actually a smoking deal right now, I think the last time I checked it was selling for less than half of what I paid a few years ago.
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 11:11 PM   #48
2006 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post
Incorrect, when you let go it does not return to center, until you hit it the other way and bring it back to center;)
I thought the actual switch went back to center, but the dig stayed engaged?
Old 12-31-2007, 11:21 PM   #49
R.I.P. Chip

Oh yea you are right the actual switch is just a momentary switch, but the function you tell it to do stays in place until you hit it again.
Old 12-31-2007, 11:23 PM   #50
2006 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
Oh yea you are right the actual switch is just a momentary switch, but the function you tell it to do stays in place until you hit it again.
Cool, just making sure my info is correct for the questions I've be answering through PM.
Old 12-31-2007, 11:30 PM   #51
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Thank you, I shot all the pics with my Canon Digital Rebel XT. We've had really good luck with this camera, and I love it. It's actually a smoking deal right now, I think the last time I checked it was selling for less than half of what I paid a few years ago.

awesome, thats the exact camera i was looking at the other day at best buy. i was originally loking at the nikon d40x but after comparing them for about 30min im definetly decided on a rebel xti.

i was kinda shocked when i saw the grand total on this thing. ive never really looked at an itemized price list like you laid out there but im sure most 2.2 comp trucks built to the level of this one are right around the same price. i imagine mine is not too far off.

so the losi shocks really are what theyre rumored to be huh? i know some of the utah guys swear by them, ill have to try a set out myself.
dieselfuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 11:36 PM   #52
Pixel Pusher

Nice ride Jason, lovin' the lime green. Great work. I uh, need to uh, "borrow" that radio for some.. uh, testing... yeah thats it... testing.

Oh and Happy New Year.

FreqEsKinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 11:38 PM   #53
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
i was kinda shocked when i saw the grand total on this thing.
Yea you aren't the only one. I'm not sure I want to total up the cost of a rig like I did here again

Quote:
so the losi shocks really are what theyre rumored to be huh? i know some of the utah guys swear by them, ill have to try a set out myself.
They really are super nice. I love them and will be using them again on future builds.
Old 01-01-2008, 03:26 AM   #54

Nice crawler! I can't believe the difference the stage 2 kit made in mine- I can't even calibrate what yours would do! That lime green reminds me of Yamaha dirt bikes from when I was a kid. Always a badass color to have one something purpose built to make war on the trail!
funboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 07:43 AM   #55
I wanna be Dave

Nice Rig Jason...

I love the material list...

Searching for a set of smooth shocks...may have to get a set.
Rckcrwlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 11:48 AM   #56
RCC Addict

That thing is SICK I love the look of it!!! I am going to be mounting the R2D to the AX10 chassis. I am just trying to figure out how is the best way to lower it, and get the skid plate fo fit it. Will I need to make a new skid? What do you recommend for radio gear and such for this?? I am thinking maybe just a tq3 modded for rear steer, but with the 3 different modes on the tranny itself, it could be 4 wheel drive one position, the front 2 wheels going w/o brake, then the last position for the brake. Would this work?

I actually bought a R2D black from RCP a while back before Xmas, and paid for the 2 day shipping, and I still havent seen it. I tried emailing them to see what is up, but no responce? Anyone have any feedback with these guys??
Going Up! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 12:11 PM   #57
Quarry Creeper

how did you get your hands on that radio!? my jr R1 just took a dump after 7 years of use and am looking for an upgrade... but i need something soon, its either this or the dx7 im thinking about some fun projects with all those channels
extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 01:04 PM   #58
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Going Up! View Post
Will I need to make a new skid? What do you recommend for radio gear and such for this??
More than likely yes you will have to make a new skid.

My above parts list is all the stuff I would reccommend.[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Going Up! View Post
I actually bought a R2D black from RCP a while back before Xmas, and paid for the 2 day shipping, and I still havent seen it. I tried emailing them to see what is up, but no responce? Anyone have any feedback with these guys??
RCP is usually very good, I get a ton of stuff from them and have had no problems. I would try sending them a pm or email, I am sure they would be glad to help you out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme View Post
how did you get your hands on that radio!?
It was sent to me for testing.
Old 01-01-2008, 02:54 PM   #59
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by funboy View Post
That lime green reminds me of Yamaha dirt bikes from when I was a kid.
I think you mean Kawasaki. Yamaha's were never green.

Jason, you should enter the star giveaway with this thread, very good tech.
DISTURBIN' tha PEACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 03:35 PM   #60
Rock Stacker

Jason,

Awesome build thread and parts breakdown, thanks for taking all the time and effort to post this.

What are the internals for the shocks, limiters if any? I saw the oil weights, pistons and shafts.

Ride height?

One thing for those of you that might try and get a set of "Losi Truck Shocks" off eBay..... Make sure they are the (REAR) shocks, the 1.2's. The (FRONT) shocks for the XXXT, XXX-MF1, XXX-MF2 and XXX-CR-T use .9 shock bodies and 1.0 shock shafts. I know a few people that I race with (1/10 Off Road Buggy's)/Trucks, that got the wrong shocks before on eBay, not knowing the correct sizes.

Also, there is not an easier shock out there to rebuild then TeamLosi shocks and yes there butter smooooth.
ZipTie is offline   Reply With Quote