Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Axial AX10 2nd-gen

Notices

Like Tree46Likes

Thread: "The Formula", a CI built; SSDLUX axle'd; Y Town Sporticus chassis; Activated Outlaw

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2018, 12:22 PM   #21
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Default Re: "The Formula", a CI built; SSDLUX axle'd; Y Town Sporticus chassis; Activated Out

Sneak peak of The Formula with an upcoming new product release:

The Combination Cell Block

P/N; CWR-5050
It has Two .250" holes, Two .375" holes, Two .500" holes and One 3.00" long cell phone holder to hold your device while you listen to music, watch videos while building, or use it as a stand to film from. The holes can be used for holding tools or assembling shocks.

Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2018, 01:36 PM   #22
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Default Re: "The Formula", a CI built; SSDLUX axle'd; Y Town Sporticus chassis; Activated Out

Gavin built himself a unique crawler. It's a mix of old school and new school tech. He will post a build thread soon.

Gavin is getting tall. How many of you remember when he was 8 years old at the 2010 USRCCA National Championship where he finished 56th out of 100 entries?

Old 12-05-2018, 06:05 PM   #23
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

You know that you are really enjoying yourself when you spend time and money on a project. The Formula has been driven multiple battery packs now and it was time to tune the set up. I'm starting with steering knuckles. Dlux Fab offers so many options, here's what I choose to use.
Dlux Brass lowers
Dlux Aluminum knuckles drilled for slugs
Dlux Fab Tungsten weights
Dlux Fab Carbon Fiber uppers

Old 12-05-2018, 06:16 PM   #24
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Gavin and I drove The Formula for a battery pack before the sun set today. The Formula is noticeably more stable and predictable. Not as front heavy as it was before. After driving it, I suspect that the suspension springs may be too stiff, and that the rear axle could use a little weight.

Tags
#activatedoutlaw, #crawlerinnovations, #dluxfab, #doubledeucefoams, #ytowncrawlers

"The Formula", a CI built; SSDLUX axle'd; Y Town Sporticus chassis; Activated Outlaw - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Ruthless Villain"; a Crawler Innovations build w/ Y Town Chassis & XR Width SCX10 Nova's Ark Axial AX-10 Scorpion 12 07-17-2018 11:44 PM
RECON G6 Challenge "The Superlift Southern Showdown G6" & "Outlaw Terra-X" DRIVNMF Recon G6 227 10-19-2012 11:26 AM