Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Capra

Notices

Thread: My take on the Capra.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2021, 10:07 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default My take on the Capra.

I got ahold of a used Capra and here in sweden we have a competition with a more foregiving set of rules campared to wrcca rules and two different classes that allows us to use the wraith, bomber and the Capra to compete and we allow both 4ws and D.I.G.
I have run both wraith and bomber based builds but now i plan on trying the Capra platform.

The first i started changing was to raise the shockmounts 18mm all around to get the ride height a bit lower.
I made a backpanel and used the radiobox from the wraith because its smaller and i needed to make room for the rear steer servo.
It has a hw 1080 esc and a castle creations 10ah bec. The motor is a reedy radon 20t i think 5 slot.The servos are china 20kg whatever and will do their job untill death sooner rather than later i know.
They are directly fed from the castle bec and the internal bec in the 1080 feeds the reciever and D.I.G servo.
I had some problems with the D.I.G not engaging quick enough. I turned the servo saver top piece upside down and that put more pressure on the servo saver and it fixed my issue.
The harder springs mounted on the back shocks.
Brass outer portals and aluminium rims with what we here in Sweden buys as Louise rowdy 1.9 tires.
I think they are known as Duratrax showdown in USA .i plan to change the rtr body panels for something more personal later on.
Hope this is fun or interesting for someone to read.

LCW89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2021, 11:20 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

I’m intrigued with what you have so far. Any video of these comps online?
Brake Weight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 11:34 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: My take on the Capra.

Congratulations on your new Capra. It will be interesting to see how it does in the style of comps you have in Sweden.
I'm really curious about the modifications you've made to your Radiolink. Maybe if you have some time you can explain what they do.
mjensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 12:36 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjensen View Post
I'm really curious about the modifications you've made to your Radiolink. Maybe if you have some time you can explain what they do.
I'm going to guess it's for his rear steer controlled by his left thumb. Quite ingenious.
OnTheTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 01:32 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Om sorry to say we didnt have any competitions due to covid this year. only old material is left to find on youtube. The wraith with a red driver is my rig in this video from an old training event before the comp.

https://youtu.be/sprnzdHY6Io

There is a thread on the radio in the general section but there was/is very little interest in it there so im glad you asked.

I modified my radiolink simply because its a much more fluid drive with a dedicated fully proportionall channel for the rear steer than to mix it in with the front wheel channel. Also when i release it goes back to neutral winch is a must when i make a misstake.

To the left of my left thumb i mounted a micro switch witch engages the D.I.G when hold in. Same thought there. I dont need to relocate my hands to engage D.I.G just move my thumb half an inch winch becomes a more fluid drive.
I also mounted a 2 position switch to the same cables to be able to flip that and lock the dig and maybe wiggle the rear wheels ore something if i need to.

Here are videos of it working with both my current rigs.

https://youtu.be/DItFtvWlMOg

https://youtu.be/LlvQcWJ61Pg

Here i am driving the Capra along my kitchen cupboards.

https://youtu.be/FumLQdXS-Ks

Last edited by LCW89; 01-02-2021 at 01:36 PM.
Old 01-02-2021, 02:25 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Nice.
Brake Weight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 03:51 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Nice indeed.....
OnTheTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 04:31 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

What battery are you using ad how do they fit?
Kingmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 02:33 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

I use 3s 1500mah from kypom and 3s 1300mah from another brand. I have no clue what runtime im going to get. With it i got a 3s 3000mah short pack that wont fit anymore because of my new shocktowers.
Its not that it doesent fit inside. Just that i cant get it plast the new towers.
But before modding it this was a tight fit!
With that Said i guess it doesent help you much as the availability is different depending on where you are located.

My take on the Capra. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
VFD Capra...Can I Still Call It A Capra? mjensen Axial Capra 107 11-20-2021 03:56 AM
Capra’s on 2.2 solo1 Axial Capra 10 12-22-2020 02:30 AM
My Capra dezracer99 Axial Capra 15 05-12-2020 10:42 AM
My Capra pfray Axial Capra 4 05-12-2020 07:52 AM
Capra 2.2 mccarsones Axial Capra 23 10-19-2019 03:19 PM