Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial RR10 Bomber

Notices

Thread: SCREAMER's F-Bomber

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2016, 06:21 PM   #221
Rock Crawler

Default Re: SCREAMER's F-Bomber

Screamer, did you happen to try the vanquish sway on the crawler build? Wondering if it will fit alright.
Drm31078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2016, 06:31 PM   #222
I wanna be Dave

I didn't. It's been running the DLux sway because I was able to get one of those while waiting forever for the VP Currie sway to get in stock. I do know that the Currie sway is easier to fit because of the 2 extra bends in the sway bar arms. They give more clearance around the chassis. I have the VP sway on Qwiksilver and there were no issues with fitment. What was your specific concern?
SCREAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 06:38 PM   #223
Rock Crawler

Just wondering if it's too long. Seems longer than the DLux version. But that's just my perception based on photos. Also the vp sway would probably be mounted in opposite configuration than DLux? So just wondering if any issues there too. I have a vp sway on the way, just impatient. :-)
Old 03-02-2016, 12:38 PM   #224
I wanna be Dave

The DLux arms are 76mm long with 3 positions for stiffness tuning and the VP arms are 71mm long with 4 positions. I've had the VP sway mounted facing forward and backward with no issues but I could only mount the DLux sway one way due to clearance issues with the chassis. HTH
Old 03-02-2016, 12:58 PM   #225
Rock Crawler

Awesome. Super excited to get this build going. Thanks again for the info!
Old 03-03-2016, 09:35 AM   #226
I wanna be Dave

Just a quick pic to show the progress on Qwiksilver's new front end. The Traxxas turnbuckles will be replaced with VP Ti links once I get geometries dialed. Jerry at DMG does some very fine work. Can't wait to run this thing.
Attached Images

Old 03-03-2016, 09:38 AM   #227
Rock Crawler

Ifs?!

R.I.P Dave Mirra
Cheers Jacob
Bmxreeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 09:43 AM   #228
I wanna be Dave

Hurry up with this IFS build, I need to see more!!! lol
bilinvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 09:54 AM   #229
I wanna be Dave

I'm trying but hey, perfection takes time.
Old 03-03-2016, 10:15 AM   #230
I wanna be Dave

I'm so jealous of the lucky few who have DMG IFS Bombers. Are there any changes planned from the IFS setup on Jasper's truck in the B1B thread?

Definitely need to get one of those conversions once they are available.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 02:58 PM   #231
I wanna be Dave

You'd have to ask Jerry about that. The one change I can see is how the upper chassis brace is now designed. IIRC, Jasper has a folded plate metal brace and mine has a welded tube or rod brace.
Old 03-12-2016, 07:58 PM   #232
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREAMER View Post
I'm trying but hey, perfection takes time.

Updates? Were are the vids of you beating the snot out of it?

No really. How's the progress?
cmbscx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 08:15 PM   #233
I wanna be Dave

She'll be on her way to me Monday if all goes well. I'm so excited to get this thing and start building her again. I'm going to run this rig every chance I get to get some thorough testing and feedback to Jerry. I feel like this truck has such incredible potential and of course the cool factor is off the charts. I agree that video is a must because I sure as hell would like to see it in action if it wasn't mine. I'll try my best to get some action videos as long as my friend can lend me a hand. Build info and pics are on the way!
Old 03-12-2016, 08:18 PM   #234
Rock Crawler

X2on the IFS WTF?!? Hahaha; just giving you shit! Love your thread; following all the Screamer progress!
rngrchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 08:29 PM   #235
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
She'll be on her way to me Monday if all goes well. I'm so excited to get this thing and start building her again. I'm going to run this rig every chance I get to get some thorough testing and feedback to Jerry. I feel like this truck has such incredible potential and of course the cool factor is off the charts. I agree that video is a must because I sure as hell would like to see it in action if it wasn't mine. I'll try my best to get some action videos as long as my friend can lend me a hand. Build info and pics are on the way!
That's awesome. My Emeryworx chassis got started so i know the feeling. I really liked my Yeti but never loved it. Jerry's IFS just looks bad ass sitting there and by the short vid posted looks to be a performer as well. Glad your being a test dummy and look forward to your write ups. I learn something everytime you post so please do.

After seeing Tim Cameron's Money Maker, it will take time but i believe this is where Rock Bouncers/Go fast will be going from here on out. It is already proven as KOH so why not.
Old 03-12-2016, 08:34 PM   #236
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I agree that video is a must because I sure as hell would like to see it in action if it wasn't mine. I'll try my best to get some action videos as long as my friend can lend me a hand.
I forgot to mention you must have been next to your excuse cone when you wrote that. If duct tape is good for 100mph you can tape your camera, phone or whatever to your Tx, your forehead, stick, rock or ??. No excuses for lack of video these days. Hope that didn't read harsh. Not meant to just jabbing.
Old 03-12-2016, 08:42 PM   #237
I wanna be Dave

Actually, I have been getting everything ready that I can before she gets here. New front shocks and springs had to be built. I went with my trusty shock of choice, Traxxas big bores, but in the shorter 2661 extra long version with some Bomber stock rear springs. They were the correct weight for my Yeti build so should be a good starting point for this front end. The front end also gets a DLux modified big bearing bulkhead with Axial's Yeti locker and HD ring and pinion. No open diffs for me. She may be a faster rig but still a rock crawler at her core. Here's a pic of the front diff assembled before I packed it with some waterproof grease.
Attached Images

Old 03-12-2016, 09:09 PM   #238
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Actually, I have been getting everything ready that I can before she gets here. New front shocks and springs had to be built. I went with my trusty shock of choice, Traxxas big bores, but in the shorter 2661 extra long version with some Bomber stock rear springs. They were the correct weight for my Yeti build so should be a good starting point for this front end. The front end also gets a DLux modified big bearing bulkhead with Axial's Yeti locker and HD ring and pinion. No open diffs for me. She may be a faster rig but still a rock crawler at her core. Here's a pic of the front diff assembled before I packed it with some waterproof grease.
We know your not sitting around. I can tell your not that type.

My Yeti never got dialed in for shock in the front. We know they are super nose heavy and hope the DMG IFS is not the same. Shouldn't be but at least you have a good suspension starting point.

I ran the DLux modified big bearing bulkhead, HD ring and pinion and 50k. For me an my terrain is was the best combo without fully locking it up. I was constantly getting crude and dirt in my case. I couldn't find a sheet gasket small enough thickness wise so before i bolted it down i ran one strip of gorilla tape sticky side down for a gasket. After a few packs i pulled it apart to check and the tape was cover in dirt dust, pebbles etc but clean as all clean inside the diff housing. How that stuff gets under everything i have no idea but it worked.
Old 03-12-2016, 09:17 PM   #239
I wanna be Dave

Exactly the lesson I learned the first (and last) time I took my Yeti out. I couldn't believe how much crap was in the housing. Ruined every bearing after less than a pack and I run ceramic bearings so that was an expensive lesson for me. I've been trying to decide how I am going to gasket the bottom of the bulkhead. I like the gorilla tape idea. I was thinking a small bead of gasket maker or RTV. Either way, she's getting sealed up like Fort Knox.

SCREAMER's F-Bomber - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
EmeryworX bomber tuner Axial RR10 Bomber 5 12-13-2015 06:31 PM
About to get an Axial bomber thatchvol Axial RR10 Bomber 12 12-07-2015 08:08 AM
Screamer's FNG build SCREAMER Axial Wraith 35 10-21-2015 03:11 PM
Backwoods Bomber Duuuuuuuude 1.9 Scale Rigs 153 06-11-2012 08:41 AM