Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial RR10 Bomber

Notices

Thread: For the money. 4 POLE SENSORED VS HAND WOUND BRUSHED

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2015, 05:42 PM   #1

Default For the money. 4 POLE SENSORED VS HAND WOUND BRUSHED

I'm looking to gradually upgrade the bomber for trail /woods running, back yard speed amd occasional crawling. To get that kind of versatility and stay brushed I would think I need a 2speed tranny to keep from heating the motor, a servo to shift it, a quality brushed motor and 3s lipo. ( currently running 2s),.
The other option I see is to go 4 pole sensored. If I go the brushless route, do I need to upgrade every drive train component to make it work? Or is there an intermediate level of brushless that is cost effective on 2s and doesn't make me rebuild the entire steering , suspension and drive train?
thatchvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-2015, 06:20 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: For the money. 4 POLE SENSORED VS HAND WOUND BRUSHED

Brushless wouldn't affect the steering, castle link can tone the 3s down somewhat. It's inevitable in the long run, run it til it breaks.
F1GHTF1R3W1THF1Re. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 06:20 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Brushless for sure. Steering and links should be upgraded either way but everything else should be fine. Maybe later on gears and lockers but for now they will last.
84yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 06:55 PM   #4

So if I'm going brushless, then what is a reasonable mid range combo to use with 2s or 3s that I can put in now? Are there other upgrades that are essential before trying it. Or is it OK to just run it fairly lightlyand fix things as they break?
I don't mind to spend a couple hundred on the initial. Where would you put your money if you had 200-300 to spend in making a versatile and solid rig if I'm going the brushless route?
Old 12-20-2015, 07:06 PM   #5

In other words, spend 250 for me on my stock rig to make it brushless and reliable. I already have a 2s lipo.
Old 12-20-2015, 07:51 PM   #6
RCC Addict

MMP, Holmes motor of your choice and a castle BEC.

Servo and steering are terrible. The plastic links will need replacement. Pot metal diff gears and lockers will fail. Dog bones in the front are pretty bad too, definitely need an upgrade there. Shocks if they don't work for you, wheels tires and foams are almost required as well.

There's a lot of ways to go, a quality brushless setup is pretty high on the priority list.
maslin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 07:51 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Castle Mamba Max Pro esc and Holmes Hobbies brushless motor of your choice. I would go with the puller pro xl 3500kv.
nitro5514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 10:32 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro5514 View Post
Castle Mamba Max Pro esc and Holmes Hobbies brushless motor of your choice. I would go with the puller pro xl 3500kv.
I agree that what I purchased, insane power and control. Axial 2 speed works very nice.
RockinTheSummit is offline   Reply With Quote

For the money. 4 POLE SENSORED VS HAND WOUND BRUSHED - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hand wound versus machine wound motors? Mysterious Electronics 12 02-09-2013 12:10 AM
Ultra cheap, mid level machine wound, or nicer hand wound, worth it? mdchris Axial XR10 7 12-02-2011 07:39 PM
Hand wound brushed motor? how long should they last?? 53 willys Electronics 0 07-08-2009 04:14 PM
brushless?brushed?hand wound? buddha.licious Newbie General 4 02-25-2009 06:52 AM