Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial RR10 Bomber

Notices

Thread: ESC blinking red on brand new Bomber, no response at all.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2016, 02:18 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: ESC blinking red on brand new Bomber, no response at all.

I am also totally new to this. I have learned a bunch fast and what I have learned has to be less than 1% of what everyone else seems to know about this hobby. So I can relate to you.

As Screamer said, Axial's customer service is great. I had one issue that I called on and they resolved it quickly. Because some of the other issues were harder to track down, I didn't expect them to figure things out over the phone. For that, I took my car into a hobby shop and asked for a little help in making sure I was on track. The shop got me straight and I learned a few things while I was at it.

If you bought it from a hobby shop, you might take it back and ask if they can help you resolve issues. That way you learn and they help find the solutions faster.

That being said, I had the same issue. Someone on here helped me realize that I had wired in my external BEC backwards. Since yours is new and doesn't have the external BEC, that wouldn't be your problem. Next step is to bind your receiver again if you haven't already like Rjohn said.

Last edited by powder4breakfast; 04-14-2016 at 02:29 PM.
powder4breakfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2016, 02:32 PM   #22
Rock Stacker

I'm having this exact same issue with my bomber. It's still bone stock but I've run about 10 2s packs through it. That video is for the wrong Tx/Rx. Also, the esc gets very hot very quickly when you plug the battery in. Is that a sign of a bad esc?

Sent from my SM-G900R7 using Tapatalk
bigbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 02:38 PM   #23
Rock Stacker

Oh, also, on rebinding the tx: the light on the rx stays on until I release the button. It doesn't go off on it's own. Any ideas?

And sorry for hijacking, man. I'm brand new to the hobby, and the forum too. The bomber is my first hobby grade RC. I've been searching and this is the first thread I've found about this issue.

Last edited by bigbody; 04-14-2016 at 03:03 PM.
Old 04-14-2016, 03:22 PM   #24
MODERATOR™

Sorry about the wrong video but the actions are the same. Assuming there's a bind plug on the other (newer) radio.

An ESC getting hot as soon as you plug in a battery is a broken ESC.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 03:35 PM   #25
Rock Stacker

Thank you for the input, sir. This site has an incredible amount of useful information for newbs like myself. And I think guys like you and Screamer and bilinvic are fantastic inspiration for people who are just getting into it.

Old 04-14-2016, 06:18 PM   #26
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbody View Post
I'm having this exact same issue with my bomber. It's still bone stock but I've run about 10 2s packs through it. That video is for the wrong Tx/Rx. Also, the esc gets very hot very quickly when you plug the battery in. Is that a sign of a bad esc?

Time for an upgrade! All kidding aside, you can pick these ESC's up for 20-30 bucks online if you wan to keep it stock.

If trying to bind the radio voids any warranty then Axial needs to revise their warranty program. I doubt it would, they usually send out new parts if something is broken and you have to replace them yourself thus taking it apart and working on it without voiding anything.
Rjohn929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 07:54 PM   #27
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREAMER View Post
I would just do it yourself man. You need to learn how to work on this thing. This isn't the only time you'll ever have it torn apart. Mine's in pieces at least once a week.

^That ain't no shit!!

And here's a link for you OP.
http://www.competitionx.com/radio-bi...o-to-receiver/
FWIW; there is no bind plug for these tactic 3 channel rx'ers. It's a link button.

Last edited by rngrchad; 04-14-2016 at 08:00 PM.
rngrchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 10:51 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeePee View Post
This is too much for you to try? It won't void the warranty.
No, it is not too much to try and I will happily do this and more when I know that the vehicle has at least worked once but the store could easily say that the warranty is void if I open up the car. Since I live in Europe (Sweden) it's not that easy to do a warranty claim against Axial which would probably work ok even if I open up the car, not mentioning the time it would take for them to send the parts if anything is broken.
In the only other thread I found with anyone having a similar problem the servo ended up being broken.

I will leave it at the store in the morning. Hopefully they will look at it right away.

Here are a few thing I think they should check. Maybe someone could add to the list.

* Binding
* Try without servo, with a new servo
* Try with another ESC

Thank you all for all the help!
ulsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 03:54 AM   #29

Problem solved!

It was as easy as I hoped, the transmitter and receiver were not bound from factory.

Thanks again for all your input!
ulsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 07:56 AM   #30
Rock Stacker

Hate to beat a dead horse, but I solved my issue also. After ordering a second ae-5 (because they're cheap) and still having the same issue, I decided not to connect the servo to the receiver, BINGO. I didn't realize the esc would cut power to the throttle over a bad servo. And I tried the original esc and it works too. So I have a spare.

Last edited by bigbody; 04-19-2016 at 08:08 AM.
Old 04-19-2016, 08:27 AM   #31
RCC Addict

It isn't that smart, more than likely the servo is shorting the internal BEC and killing the RX.
maslin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 10:45 AM   #32
Rock Stacker

That's a good explanation too. I'm a newb, and I was racking my brain trying to figure out why nothing would work. It seems simple now but it made my blood pressure soar last night when I hooked up the new esc and got the same results.

ESC blinking red on brand new Bomber, no response at all. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AE -5 Esc blinking red light Norcalwheeler Axial Wraith 8 01-13-2015 06:37 AM
Axial AE-1 ESC problems. red/green blinking, does nothing. fastline Electronics 1 11-10-2014 09:39 PM
Got a blinking red/green LED on my ESC, but no power Flatty Electronics 18 06-04-2012 08:28 PM
Steering issue and Blinking Axial esc Kanine38 Newbie General 0 02-12-2010 06:17 AM
ax10 esc blinking! obaskoba_420 Electronics 3 10-05-2009 08:20 PM