Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial RR10 Bomber

Notices

Thread: Stock universals binding?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2017, 09:16 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Stock universals binding?

Hey all, i have a kit bomber I've been running for a little less than a year and im noticing binding at close to full turn. I have done some upgrades here and there but the steering is all stock still other than servo and horn. I have binding in both universals when I turn at about 85 - 90 % full turn but I didn't notice this problem when I first built it until the last month or so. I'm not sure if I just never noticed it before or if something has changed. It seems the same on both sides and I had them out for inspection with nothing obviously wrong that I could tell. First I thought the ring and pinion were binding but the axle spins nice and smooth. So my question is does anyone else with stock kit components notice this issue? I know I can limit it with my radio but taking away steering is the last thing I want to do. I just feel like it didn't used to have this issue and the set up has always been the same. Our wraith with vp stage one kit and axial universals has no binding. I'm considering trying a set of "VVD"s but from what I understand they don't have as tight of an angle as the universals? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
Mikeinsocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2017, 01:16 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Stock universals binding?

My kit will bind if I have the adjustment knob on my remote set too high. The only time I've had an issue with it was when I accidentally turned the knob. I normally set my end points and everything then back it off just a bit.
shiftauto is offline   Reply With Quote

Stock universals binding? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Front universals binding - too long? redsawacs Axial Yeti 8 04-22-2015 09:08 PM
Axial EXO F/R Universals In Stock! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 05-07-2012 08:05 PM
Binding to a Stock ESC/RX Black Rock Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 2 05-03-2012 12:40 PM
Wraith Universals back in stock! orientalgunz_00 Axial Wraith 0 03-19-2012 08:20 AM
Universals in Stock @ Ultimate Hobbies monforus Axial Wraith 4 01-23-2012 02:18 PM