Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Binding to a Stock ESC/RX

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2012, 10:59 AM   #1

Default Binding to a Stock ESC/RX

Simple question: Can the stock ESC/RX in my McRC bind to another radio?

I got my crawler second hand so I have no documents on the ESC and I can't find anything online about how to bind another radio to it.

I've got a Spektrum DX2S that should be able to connect, but I just don't know if or how to bind it to the stock board. Do I just attach the bind plug, power it then tell the radio to bind?

I don't even know what that little button on top of the ESC is for?
Black Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2012, 12:25 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Binding to a Stock ESC/RX

The ESC will bind with any DSM controller. A lot of McRCs are sold without TXs to make it cheaper.

Download your owner's manual from Losi's site and it will tell you how to do it. Plus you'll have the manual.
8695Beaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:40 PM   #3

Default Re: Binding to a Stock ESC/RX

Thanks guys. I finally found what I needed in the BND manual. I hadn't seen the manual all listed before.

Looks like I need to hold the button on the ESC down then power it up. Once the green light flashes rapidly I just tell my DX2S to bind. I just need to get new wires soldered on and clean it up. Maybe I'll get a chance tonight and let you know how it works. This is going to be a really nice upgrade for sure. By the time I get this build up and running again I'll have gone from a slightly modded stock McRC to a new TMC chassis, longer links, 110T Predator Big Block and new tires. I already had it running on my 2S lip's from my Micro-T but my new geometry and huge wheelbase are going to be sick. COG is so stinking low on this thing right now ;)
Black Rock is offline   Reply With Quote

Binding to a Stock ESC/RX - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Possible binding issue stock Honcho???? TraxFD Electronics 4 10-10-2011 06:40 PM
binding stock axial 2.4 reciever to a DX3E or DX3C TX ped453 Electronics 1 09-29-2011 11:54 PM
what's the deal with edge chassis and stock shocks binding? p01rogue Axial AX-10 Scorpion 4 09-24-2008 06:06 AM
DX3r Binding to esc ? upnover1 Electronics 3 08-02-2008 08:53 PM